Apple Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 30, 2017

2.9

82 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Apple's job website. I did not have an referrals, so I applied for multiple positions in multiple stores to up my chances. I received an email invitation for a phone interview about two weeks later, which allowed you to select a 20 minute time slot.

In the meantime, I went to the store closest to me to introduce myself to the managers so I could try to get an interview there (my interview was at a store farther away). The manager welcomed my resume and gave me his business card, but told me the hiring process is done online and a lot of people are also hired internally.

To prep for the interview, I went through every single question on Glassdoor and also watched several videos people posted online about their interview experience. I've never prepared for an interview more because working for Apple was a dream for me, and practicing answering the questions out loud made so much of a difference. I also really recommend practicing the "tell me about yourself" part, as every interviewer asked me this and also gave me an answer about themselves. They don't want to know about the you on your resume, they want to know your passions, if you have a pet, if you're a runner, if you have a really cool hobby, how long you've been in the area, etc.

When it was time for my first phone interview it started off with the interviewer telling me about himself, and then him asking me for my blurb. Each question he asked me I found on Glassdoor so I was really happy with the results. We seemed to really connect, which is another really important aspect. The more chatty you and your interviewer are, the better your chances. I also referenced back to my favorite retail experiences a lot, and talked about how happy I was in those jobs.

I received an email later that night about two hours after inviting me for an in person interview, which happened the next week. I arrived 30 minutes prior to the interview and looked around the store, and also chatted up 2 or so employees, mostly because I'm sure I looked super lost just standing there so they came to check in on me thinking I might be a customer. Use this to your advantage! The interview was with a different person, and we chatted about our hobbies and music tastes etc, leaving her with time to really only ask me two real "interview" questions. This really worked to my advantage, as she got to know me as a person and saw my personality fit Apple. She told me that she'll have the hiring team reach out to me to schedule a third interview, and that there would be 2 or so more most likely.

However, later that afternoon, about 4 hours after, I received a call from the original interviewer saying the person I had interviewed with today really connected with me and would like me to have a final interview over Facetime that night, in about an hour and a half.

The third, final interview ended up just being over the phone because the interviewer was on her to another meeting, but I think this worked to my advantage. I will say things can be a bit repetitive at this point, so I understand why people could get frustrated after going through 5 or 6 interviews. I really tried to highlight things that were unique about my life, because the interviewer felt passionate that everyone who worked at Apple had a really interesting life. I also made sure to mention the names of the employees I had talked to in the store. She asked me a lot of questions about my faults, which I prepared for but it did throw me off a bit. She also asked me what I thought the Specialist position was, so make sure you're knowledgable about the role (ask questions about it in previous interviews). She thanked me for my time and told me I'd hear back no later than the end of the week (it was the beginning of the week).

About 30 minutes later I got a request for a background check and a call from the original interviewer saying they were making me an offer. I will say I am lucky each of my interviews were one on one, especially since I applied with no referrals. I was prepared for 5 or so interviews, or just a denial, since I am a lot younger than a lot of the applicants. Apple is my dream company to work for and I am ecstatic.

Interview Questions

• What are two of your best qualities and two qualities that aren't your best?   1 Answer

Mac Genius Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a friend submit my info into their internal hiring system. I was then invited to a hiring event at a event venue inside of a mall. During the interview there was a lot of situation role playing in teams of other potential hires.

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is fairly simple, mine was in two rounds. The initial meeting was conducted via FaceTime with an Apple Recruiter, asking a series of questions about who you are and basically why Apple and a brief role play scenario. The second meeting was conducted by two managers (one of which is my current manager). This meeting was also a video meeting but done with a different software to allow all of use to be seen and heard at once. They took turns introducing themselves and explaining the position, then moved into the same questions asked by the recruiter and referenced information from my resume. There was a technical support role-play scenario, that played out until I was stumped and admitting it. A few days later I was contacted by the recruiter asking how I thought the interview went and he told me he would let me know on their decision. Nearly two weeks later he called and told me I was officially hired! The other all process took 3-4weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you felt devalued and what did you learn from the to prevent that feeling going forward?   1 Answer

Data Center Technician Break and Fix Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

This was phone interview process with the Apple hiring team on site. The interview consisted of asking me important questions pertaining to my support experience as well as dealing with me working with remote support and my ability to make decisions working with Linux Operating system as a support tool.

Interview Questions

• What companies have I worked with doing break/fix technical support? Give me some examples of your most difficult break/fix issues? Give me some examples of dealing with remote support teams? Have you ever dealt with third party companies? Give me an example of making a decision in pressure situations? Do you have any questions for us? What type of ticketing system are you familiar working with? What is your salary base?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online, though I strongly believe that face to face contact sells far better than paper. I went in several times over the course of a week and introduced myself to managers. I was eventually interviewed by the regional manager, though he seemed less than enthusiastic to interview me. It seems audacity, in this case, was the wrong way to go as the interview was rushed and I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you disagreed with a supervisor and what was your response   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview that lasted about half an hour. Asking various questions to get to know you overall very good experience. Not looking for the ordinary looking for the extraordinary.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to sacrifice to get something accomplished?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screened by a recruiter with general questions. I then moved on to the phone interview with the hiring manager. This interview lasted about 45 minutes, with 10 minutes for me to ask questions towards the end. The next step would have been an in person interview with manager and Vice President of Sales for that division.

Interview Questions

• Explain your sales process?   1 Answer

Public Relations Apprenticeship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Basically, I submitted my application through a campus career website and received a phone call that I had been selected to interview. The Apple PR team then came to campus for interviews with a ton of Journalism and Communications students. Each interview was only 20 minutes long with one of the PR team members. I did not make it past this first round.

Interview Questions

• - tell me about yourself
      - where do you get your news
      - what are three brands' whose marketing and PR strategies you admire and why   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Deer Park, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online at Apple.com and got an email a few days later requesting to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was about a week later which lasted no more than 20 minutes. A week after phone interview was asked to set up an interview with two people from the store I was interviewing at. Had two options for dates and times, chose the earlier one which was about 2 weeks after the phone screen. A week after the second interview, got an email inviting me to the 3rd and final interview with the hiring manager. Was given two dates and chose the earlier one again. Attended the interview with hiring manager which lasted an hour. Was called a week later from one of the interviewers from the 2nd interview saying I was not chosen for the position. The entire process took more than 4 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the following business day. She help me set up a meeting time with leaders from the store. I had my first interview and was told I would get a response within 72 hours if I will be taking the next steps. I received an email the next day to confirm and set up at time for the second interview. After the second interview I was told once again I would hear back within 72 hours. I waited and waited checking my email nonstop but did not receive any word back. FInally after about 5 days I received a phone call asking about how did I think my interview went and that they would like to set up a third and final interview. We set up a date and then I met with another manager. It was a Friday and I asked what the next steps would be and was told I would hear back on Wednesday. Wednesday rolls around and no email nor phone call. I'm freaking out but I give it some time. Thursday still no word. So I called on Friday afternoon and left a message with my number. An hour or so later I receive a phone call from two people that I had not been introduced to before. They asked how did I think the interviews went. I said I think they went well I had a great time and they said well we also heard they went well so I would like to offer you a part time job and so and so. I was ecstatic. The whole process took about 3-4 weeks.