Apple Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jan 30, 2017

Data Center Technician Break and Fix Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

This was phone interview process with the Apple hiring team on site. The interview consisted of asking me important questions pertaining to my support experience as well as dealing with me working with remote support and my ability to make decisions working with Linux Operating system as a support tool.

Interview Questions

• What companies have I worked with doing break/fix technical support? Give me some examples of your most difficult break/fix issues? Give me some examples of dealing with remote support teams? Have you ever dealt with third party companies? Give me an example of making a decision in pressure situations? Do you have any questions for us? What type of ticketing system are you familiar working with? What is your salary base?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online, though I strongly believe that face to face contact sells far better than paper. I went in several times over the course of a week and introduced myself to managers. I was eventually interviewed by the regional manager, though he seemed less than enthusiastic to interview me. It seems audacity, in this case, was the wrong way to go as the interview was rushed and I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you disagreed with a supervisor and what was your response   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screened by a recruiter with general questions. I then moved on to the phone interview with the hiring manager. This interview lasted about 45 minutes, with 10 minutes for me to ask questions towards the end. The next step would have been an in person interview with manager and Vice President of Sales for that division.

Interview Questions

• Explain your sales process?   1 Answer

Public Relations Apprenticeship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Basically, I submitted my application through a campus career website and received a phone call that I had been selected to interview. The Apple PR team then came to campus for interviews with a ton of Journalism and Communications students. Each interview was only 20 minutes long with one of the PR team members. I did not make it past this first round.

Interview Questions

• - tell me about yourself
      - where do you get your news
      - what are three brands' whose marketing and PR strategies you admire and why
      Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Deer Park, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online at Apple.com and got an email a few days later requesting to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was about a week later which lasted no more than 20 minutes. A week after phone interview was asked to set up an interview with two people from the store I was interviewing at. Had two options for dates and times, chose the earlier one which was about 2 weeks after the phone screen. A week after the second interview, got an email inviting me to the 3rd and final interview with the hiring manager. Was given two dates and chose the earlier one again. Attended the interview with hiring manager which lasted an hour. Was called a week later from one of the interviewers from the 2nd interview saying I was not chosen for the position. The entire process took more than 4 weeks.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the following business day. She help me set up a meeting time with leaders from the store. I had my first interview and was told I would get a response within 72 hours if I will be taking the next steps. I received an email the next day to confirm and set up at time for the second interview. After the second interview I was told once again I would hear back within 72 hours. I waited and waited checking my email nonstop but did not receive any word back. FInally after about 5 days I received a phone call asking about how did I think my interview went and that they would like to set up a third and final interview. We set up a date and then I met with another manager. It was a Friday and I asked what the next steps would be and was told I would hear back on Wednesday. Wednesday rolls around and no email nor phone call. I'm freaking out but I give it some time. Thursday still no word. So I called on Friday afternoon and left a message with my number. An hour or so later I receive a phone call from two people that I had not been introduced to before. They asked how did I think the interviews went. I said I think they went well I had a great time and they said well we also heard they went well so I would like to offer you a part time job and so and so. I was ecstatic. The whole process took about 3-4 weeks.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through Reaching Out MBA (LGBT MBA job fair). Was invited for a dinner. Based on the conversation at the dinner some of us were invited for round 2. The interview in round 2 I feel went really well however the interviewer was very short and sounded disinterested and was rude.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about your self (and when I started telling he said keep it brief like 30 seconds).
      2) There is an assembly line and all of a sudden it stopped working. No one is around how will you handle ?
      3) Tell me something challenging about your career (and when I told him my answer he responded so whats challenging in that)
      4) Whats the most proud accomplishment of your career ?
      5) He asked me if I have any question for him. When I started asking the question he cut me short and said "even if you dont ask its fine"
      1 Answer

Reliability Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

talked to the recruiter at career fair. Got interview the second day. I went there a little late so by the time they called me, it was close to midnight. Went on an one on one interview the following day. The whole process took me about 40 mins. very straight forward, technical questions only.

Interview Questions

• Questions relate to drop test. How are you going to set up the test. At what level would you drop the device. what is the difference between dropping on concrete and dropping on marble surface. How to evaluate if the new design is better than previous based on the return rate of previous years   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had a referral from a friend. About 3 weeks after I applied, I was asked to come in for a group interview. The interview was pretty casual and the questions asked were mostly basic things like "What is your favorite app?" to "What scares you the most about working at Apple?". I was called back for a second interview about a week later. The second interview was with different store managers and the questions were more direct about your former work experience. For example, I was asked "Talk about a time you've given negative feedback and a time you were given negative feedback.". I was not called back for a third interview, but the good news about Apple is that they call you even if it's a no. Very important question asked during both interviews was "Why Apple?"

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Aurora, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (North Aurora, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

It's not a typical interview. It's done in a group setting. They had us interview the person sitting next to us and pitch them for employment. Let's just say my interviewer didn't care to ask me any questions.