Apple Creative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Creative Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

For a company with a the motto "Think Different," Apple clearly wants thoughtless drones they can mold into their non questioning slaves. This interview process was the worst I've ever had in 20 years. I arrived early at Barton Creek Mall and waited for quite some time for the interviewer, to get her self together. She was 20+ minutes late and dressed as if she had come from a jog-- sloppy and inappropriate. Her workout bra was showing. She proceeded to take us to the loudest part of the mall to conduct a several hour group 'interview.' Certainly like no interview I've ever had. All of the other applicants were in supplication mode and none showed any particular critical thinking skills or 'woke' thought. With a revenue stream of 215 billion you'd think Apple could afford to do 1 on 1 interviews professionally in a real space instead of the food court of a mall. However, this is how Apple rolls evidently. Push some tables together so we all have to strain to hear and struggle to be heard. Is Apple attempting to simulate it's own obnoxiously loud, over crowded, poorly planned stores? Maybe. Moreover it was disorganized and she appeared unprepared, scribbling sloppy notes on the backs of our resumes and an internal questionnaire with little instruction that repeats some of the same info Apple should already know and availability. She reached for each question as if she was just making it up, but it was obvious she was just trying to remember the standard Apple questions. What she willingly revealed, however, is that at Apple Corporate, there is very little fellowship and camaraderie that is encouraged. At each store, the managers and employees form the current "family." If you don't fit in with them exactly, it doesn't matter how qualified, skilled, friendly, or savvy you are; you will not be considered. She said it's like a family with employees hanging together and dating, which seems like a recipe for unprofessionalism, oh wow just as reflected in the stores. She also revealed that the turnover rate is very high, with new positions every 2 weeks and that if we didn't make it this round, to reapply. Alot of this explains why the Apple store is such a semi-failure and why the experience, not from a policy standpoint but from the vibe the employees give varies so much. I sat there for hours, literally, waiting for each applicant to repeat their spiel. Most rephrased the same things over and over. 2.5 hours of my life I will never get back, because Apple thinks it's being super clever. Kind of a disgusting experience to be honest. It wasn't personal; it was dismissive at best. Everyone at the interview is expected to "get to know each other." A futile, wasteful exercise-- you'll likely never see those people again. The interviewer isn't really trying to get to know you, just trip you up. Furthermore, though the interview setting would seem conversational; it is not at all. It is simply one-sided back and forth. I constantly felt rushed in my answers. Also you're answering sometimes personal questions in front of people you don't know-- both rude and inappropriate. Mostly just her hurling whatever question she can remember and then letting you struggle to answer above the guy emptying/slamming trashcans 2 feet behind you. Moreover the interviewer told us the job I had been called in for wasn't even available. They just send for a cattle call, another signal of high turnover-- which means their hiring process isn't efficient or working properly. If you don't think for yourself or question authority this might be the job for you. If you supplicate blindly, you're more likely to get to the next round of interviews. Perhaps playing dumb but not too dumb is the key here.

Interview Questions

• Describe in one word what kind of employee I would get if we hired you.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Nashville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 other people just outside the Apple Store in the mall. It was very casual feeling but with a laser focus on your answers. Just be yourself and show you know how to connect with people.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an irate customer and if you had to redo it how would you change what you did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The first interview is a group interview where the groupp is addressed as a whole by about 7 or 8 Apple reps. They show a few cult-inducing videos about how Apple is blah blah... Then they break the crowd into groups of 5 people to do social experiments- I mena have us take turns introducing ourselves to each other. Oh,I forgot- they had us introduce ourselves one by one to the whole group as well

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Danbury, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

A total of 7 interviews: group hiring event and then onto smaller groups, finally culminating in one-to-one interviews with store manager and area manager. First interview was a group 'hiring event', where you have to make yourself known. From 40 people the next stage was reduced to less than 10. At this stage you have to show your chops - technically but more importantly, show that you are polite, understanding, have empathy and excited about Apple's products.
    The hardest part is making sure you stand out in the group stages.

Interview Questions

• I'm a non techie: describe a hard drive, RAM, graphics card and the OS in simple english and use examples.   1 Answer
    • Show me something on my Mac or iOS device that will help me every day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offer and give you a short amount of time to sign on the dotted line.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (South Windsor, CT) in August 2018.

Interview

I was called in for a group interview with 3 other candidates. We sat around a table in the back of the store with customers milling around the entire time. There were 2 people conducting the interview. We were asked basic questions like, "tell us about yourself", and then they pulled out an iPad and had us answer random questions. One of my questions was, "tell us about a time when you turned a negative experience into a positive one". The interview went pretty well and they said someone would contact us within 48 hours to let us know if we'd be moving on. Almost a week later someone called me back. She apologized for the delay and said she had a wedding to go to. She scheduled a second interview for the next day.
    Second interview went great! I met one on one with a manager. Once again I was asked to describe myself and then he asked me a lot of questions that were more "personality" based than "work experience" based. Again, I left that interview feeling great. Within 2 hours I was called to schedule a third interview for the following week.
    Third interview, didn't go so well. The person interviewing me showed up late for the interview and when she found out I was waiting for her she gave me a dirty look. She had me sit by the front windows of the store, again, with customers milling around, and asked me to tell her about myself. It was during this point in the conversation that she asked me, "How old are you?" I was a little taken aback by this question because I didn't think you were allowed to ask that in an interview, but I answered her anyway and continued with the interview. I left the interview scratching my head because the first two interviews went so well, and this one was just odd. I was called 2 days later and told they were pursuing other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Mission Viejo, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The vibe was very cult-like and felt as if they expected you to pledge your soul to Apple. This was a group interview including me and 3 other applicants. We sat next to each other in the corner of the Apple Store and were asked to introduce ourselves to the applicants sitting next to us, and remember what they said, and repeat what they said about themselves to the rest of the group. Then, we were given questions in different orders, and sometimes at random, to increase pressure. Not all of us were asked the same questions. Some of the questions were difficult and required a lot of time to think of an answer. Many of the other applicants gushed about how they wake up every morning and think of using Apple products and how they just love the feeling of opening an Apple product so much. The manager also tried to sell us on the new iPhone X.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were able to help a struggling co-worker become amazing.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you exceeded the expectations of others.   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite Apple product/app.   Answer Question
    • What's the best experience you have had in the Apple Store.   Answer Question
    • The new iPhone X is amazing. You have to get it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

There were three interviews. The first one was a group interview. The second one was with a couple of the store leads and the last one was with the store manager.

Creative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

3-4 interviews. first in a group. broken into groups of 6 people. were shown videos and asked questions with 2 store employees in each group. second at the store with managers.

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (South Bend, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

Very in depth process. Group interview, then personal interview, then HR interview on the phone, then about a month of waiting. The Group interview created a great deal of hype and enthusiasm. The more fun you have with this stage the better. Let your personality shine and you'll move on to the next phase.

Interview Questions

• What talents can you bring for to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was in a group interview with five other people. The environment seemed pretty chill. They just wanted to get to know you as a person. They brought us into an office work space and just started talking. Nothing too serious. I guess a big piece of advice is to turn on the charm as soon as you walk into the store. I assume they're looking and listening.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment when you had a great customer service experience.
      Describe a time when you had an unsatisfactory coworker. What did you do to overcome that instance?
      What is your favorite Apple product.   Answer Question