Apple Interview Questions in Cupertino, CA | Glassdoor

3.3

784 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

phone screen followed by an full day on-site interview. Assessing skill level and a lot of situational thinking and communication. very secretive about the product and job as you would expect Apple to be.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with Apple recruiter first which was relatively brief and covered basic skills. Then he arranged a phone interview with a hiring manager which took about 30 minutes on the phone.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed through internal referral.
    Applied through internal referral.
    Got an email from recruiter the other day to arrange the phone screen.
    Got called by an engineer two weeks later.
    Talked about working experience and projects.

Interview Questions

• 1. Output the first duplicated char in a string
      2. Output a 2d array in spiral order
      such as [[1,2,3],[4,5,6],[7,8,9]] -> [1,2,3,6,9,8,7,4,5]   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Only made it to the phone interview. They were very polite, and it came from the official Apple campus number. Be sure to add this number to your phone contact, should you apply. It would really suck, if you didn't answer, or have an inappropriate voicemail greeting set.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Apple?   1 Answer

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

Interview

Very quick.
    Got email asking the suitable time.
    Two telephonic interviews: one with technical lead and another with technical manager.

They are very good fundamental questions to see how broad one can think beyond his/her comfort zone.

Interview Questions

• Mostly from my resume and projects I have done.
      Both interviewers asked basic theory questions to make sure I also know the theory well.

Got invitation for the onsight.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with one of the OS platform teams for a Sr. Developer role. I was reached out by a recruiter on LinkedIn since I had experience in the domain. After a few back and forth emails with the recruiter, I had a call with him where we talked about my experience, projects, etc. Then he set up a call with the hiring manager, who asked more in depth questions related to my domain. Nothing very difficult. Then he said they wanted to fly me down to Cupertino for the on-site, which would take approximately half a day.

I went to Cupertino, where I had an initial HR interview, 4 technical interviews and a lunch interview. All the technical interviews were 2:1.

Most questions involved coding and we're problems related to my domain, not the usual DS/algorithm questions. I answered all of them. There were also some leadership questions thrown in.

I answered all of them. I see the interviewers nodding along, saying things like 'Good job!', 'When you join our team, you should do <>'...

So I am getting really positive vibes here. I finish up the interviews around 3 pm, then see the recruiter who tells me will need to fly in for another interview with their director. I tell him okay and go home.

I keep checking my phone. No call or email. After 4 days, I emailed the recruiter, when I get an email saying​ that the team is interviewing other candidates who are more suitable for the role.

Overall, it was an okay experience. But I am disappointed because I performed well, kept getting positive vibes and then .... nothing.

The good thing is they reimbursed my expenses pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to your domain. Apple hires subject matter expert.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a design decision where you messed up and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

1 round with Hiring Manager followed by technical round and then onsite interview at Headquarters. The first round is very simple. The hiring manager would ask about your background and past experience. Basically a walk through of the resume. Technical round was team specific and onsite interview had multiple round where the entire team interviewed me

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by Apple's hiring manager. After a brief conversation with him I had 2 phone interviews with department managers over the course of few weeks. A few weeks later I came in for in-person interview. Interview was a series of 1 on 1 from 9am to 2pm

Interview Questions

• If you are to go up the mountain one day and come down the next leaving at the same time will you ever be at the same place at the same time of day? How do you prove it and present the data.
      Why do you want to work at Apple?   1 Answer

Localization Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

1Phone interview with HR recruiter
    2 phone interviews
    Onsite interview with 8 people

I had several interviews for Apple positions. The first interview with HR were always unreliable. They don't tell you when the hiring manager will call you. Or the hiring manager would call 1 hour earlier than expected time.

Even though I love some of Apple products, I am not impressed with how Apple treated candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Product Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed a couple of years back to a PM position where the product I was suppose to own was an analytics tool for the users' dashboard. I was given about 10 minutes to play with the product, ask technology related questions (how it was coded, what is the logic behind several features etc.). By the end of the time given, I was asked to review the product and tell the interviewer (VP product, by the way) what I think the company should focus on next.