Apple Interview Questions in Cupertino, CA | Glassdoor

3.3

784 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Apple SiriKit team in May 2017. The interview process is described below:

- 2 phone screen interviews
    - onsite interview
    - Interview with Manager
    - Interview with Senior Manager

Interviewed with SiriKit Team. Onsite interview had 5 rounds.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted by HR followed by 2 skype interview with an Engineer and Hiring manager, then Onsite interview with 6 engineer. Offer. The whole process was fast and took 3 weeks from initial skype interview

Interview Questions

• General engineering questions. Deep and challenging. Each of engineers had few pet questions in their sleeves. They mainly want to see your line of tought
      Beam questions   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Long. 2 months. Pretty informal, more personality and fit-based. About 8 people talked to me over 2 months. The recruiter was sloppy, made me an offer and asked for my salary requirements, but didn't get back to me for weeks. I had to call and ask what was going on. Stressful. I wasn't impressed. After that, great on-boarding.

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

The process started with a non-technical phone screen with a recruiter. Then I spoke to a member of the team I was interviewing for. Then I was assigned a design challenge, which can be found online if you search for it. After that was submitted, someone gave me questions to answer about my challenge and areas to improve it, then I resubmitted it. After that, if they like your presentation, they will bring you in to present and interview in person. Overall, the process requires a lot of work, but they move very quickly, which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What kind of plastic would you use for an electronic housing?   2 Answers

Triage Engineer - HomeKit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter screen > Tech phone screen (coding) > On-site

The worst part is that, they will ask you all typical coding problems but if you over perform they will not going to hire you.

If you answer all coding questions for this particular position they will doubt you why you wanna join for this position than?

Idiots wasted time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

My hiring timeline was as follows:
    - Feb: Contacted through LinkedIn about a position, initial phone call with the recruiter
    - Mar: Phone interview with the hiring manager
    - Apr: On-site interview
    - May: Offer

At the on-site interview I was interviewed by 6 2-person panels for 45 mins each and had a break for lunch at Caffè Macs with the hiring managers.

Physical Synthesis CAD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

HR interview over the phone. Then Hiring manager contacted and had a technical phone interview for 1 hour. After a couple of days another technical phone interview with another member from the team for 1 hour. Then was called for onsite interview with 8 panel members each was a 45 minute 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• STA, Synthesis Flow, Verilog code for divide by 3 clock, basic data structures, placement routing algorithms, Transistor models, equations of current in saturation mode, low power techniques, some behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It's not a very difficult interview. I was interviewed by a lead engineer within the team in a phone interview. He asked a few technical related questions like material, tolerance. I felt not bad but maybe I was wrong. The recruiter is good, organizing things well.

IPhone Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Rigorous and exciting. Multiple phone interviews with technical screening questions, a week to do a design challenge, and then they brought me in. Was interviewed by maybe 8 different people (I lost track) for 30-45 minutes each, primarily on technical skills/knowledge and design intuition type questions. Then it culminated in a presentation of the design challenge, where they asked questions and poked holes, and found flaws in the design.

Interview Questions

• How does the modulus of full hard stainless compare to fully annealed stainless?   3 Answers

RF Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a very long interview process. Got a call within a week of online application. Had three phone interviews all technical. After a week or so, got a call to fix an onsite interview which was two days long. First day was interview with six or seven people in the field of RF design and test, as well as Wireless design. A few managers interviewed too. All were 1-1 interviews. The second day was scheduled to have three interviews with managers of the previous day's team.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were antenna basics, questions about thesis work and general RF topics   1 Answer