Apple Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call from HR and was scheduled an interview for the following week with a Hiring Manager. Interview consisted of Resume discussion and simple bit manipulation code snippets in C. Interviewer asked about project details from resume as well.

Interview Questions

• Is the given number a bitwise palindrome?   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I had applied to various positions at Apple but got a callback many months later about a job I didn't apply for. It was mainly a software engineering job but was my experience in hardware was appreciated. I got a call from the HR who set up an online phone interview for Software.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about pointers, keywords such as volatile, const etc, linked lists   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. Got a phone interview scheduled after close to 3 weeks. Focus was on OS concepts, scheduling, interrupts/IRQs. Was asked to write 2 programs for bitwise manipulations.

Interview Questions

• reverse bits of an integer that is a power of 2 , keeping complexity in mind.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Got a call from HR and was set up for an interview. The position was that of embedded software engineer. He did not seem interested at all from the beginning. Asked me to write a C code to reverse a string, another code to check if msb of a given number is 1. It went well overall. However there were few things which I did not know about like iOS SDK, objective C. I think that's why it was a reject for me.

Interview Questions

• Do you know obejctive C? although it was mentioned as a "plus" in job requirement.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied for an SE position on a University Career Day. I got a 1-on-1 quick interview during the career day, and had many questions on my background, previous projects, experience, interests, and a couple of simple technical questions.

A week later, I head back from Apple (email) about their interest in continuing the hiring process. 6 weeks later a recruiter emailed me expressing their interest in scheduling a phone interview with the Motion Team. I replied but never heard back since then (now, already 7 weeks). Nobody replied to my follow up emails. Apple recruiting team neither told me Yes, nor No (right now, I take it as No). This seems to me very unprofessional -- the worst interviewing experience I ever had.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple in January 2012.

Interview

They will ask all sort of logical question and puzzle.