Apple Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It started with Emails then two phone calls. It ended due to Apple's "brand loyalty" policy which I'm in violation of. I'm not Apple loyal because I use Non-Apple products, so therefore not Apple material. Sorry Apple, but the reality is 90% Engineers out there no matter how brilliant aren't using Apple loyally or even at all. And as an underpaid and overworked Engineer myself, I can't afford the latest iPhone and iWatch and somehow NOT use my current employer's Windows 7 and Linux machines for my day to day Engineering work. I do own macs and wish I could have the best Apple has to offer but sorry I can't keep up with your expensive latest machines on my underpaid salary so my at-home G5 tower is garbage and my Mac mini is a joke to you. Do us all a favor and start asking your candidates up front if they are in violation of Apple Brand Loyalty before you waste anyone's time or get anyone's hopes up by laying out relocation options and benefits. Frankly, demanding brand loyalty before you even hired is a offensive and classist.

Interview Questions

• What is a Test Plan? What kind of cell phone do you have? What kind of tools (computers) do you use?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone screen with several people on the team. I guess that went well, because they immediately invited me for an on-site interview. I then spent ~7 hours interviewing with 8-9 individuals. They asked me a bunch of technical questions and I had to draw a lot of things on a whiteboard. I received a verbal offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions about my previous work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 phone screens followed by a 6 hour in person interview. Questions were a mix of technical as well as problem solving related.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I got to the group interview where I was able to meet all the team members in the department that I applied to. 25 mins per person, total around 5 hours. My interview went well according to the recruiter, she quickly set me up for the final interviews with other departments. Few days before the interview, the recruiter notified me that the interview got canceled without giving any explanation. I spend a lot time to find out the reason from insider at Apple, turn out that the other department did not think I am quality for the position; I also have a similar background as the other department which could imperil them...according to the insider.

Even though I want to try again and prove myself, after a second thought I think there is no reason to bargain for a job in a company where one department can easily Interference the rest of the department's business. Such political matters will definitely effect my loyalty if I actually work inside that company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I got an interview with an HR specialist through an employee referral. The interview was more like a screening and mostly focused on how my background and skills matched their current open positions in that particular department. There were a few technical questions, but very high level, and the rest was just a discussion on the job responsibilities and how my background could be a fit or not.
    The whole process was very well organized and the recruiter I spoke to was very friendly. Overall it was a very good and professional experience, even though it seemed that there was not a good fit at the time for either party involved.

Interview Questions

• Have you previously worked on projects related to the description for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with HR rep that briefly touched on my experience at previous employment. Then a technical phone interview (about 45min). Asked all sorts of questions from microprocessors to voltage regulators. Very specific knowledge necessary. He definitely knew his stuff. Come prepared!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Applied online a few days later received an email a few days later inviting me to an invitation only invite at a hotel. I went there stayed for 2 hours and it was pretty intense a lot of people were there but overall the employees were very friendly. Didn't receive an offer though

Interview Questions

• If someone came in with a faulty ipod and the genius bad was application booked what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Was told to meet at Apple HQ for in-person interview. Interviewer arrived late, however was very friendly. The interview went long, with questions and discussion that varied from the very technical and esoteric to more personal (dealing with people, etc). Some talk about travel requirements and mentioning of a possible second interview. Still, so far no formal scheduling of the next interview.

All in all, the interviewer talked as much, if not more than I did. The setting and environment was very comfortable, and the interviewer seemed more interested in the questions I asked than my answers for those provided.

Interview Questions

• What did you study in college, and can you describe some of your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

large group interview, watching videos and occasional q's. some role play, very informal, rather pointless, but you should stand out form the crowd.
    one to one with store manager, more q's, also about working as a team, and lots on customer service - i.e. the customer is king. must be a team player, must also have specific apple knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from recruiter. Had a 1:1 phone technical interview, got an email from HR after one week for an on-site interview. Interview by 15 people(30 minutes each) followed by 3 more phone interviews. Got an offer after one more week. Most of the interviews are purely technical trying to understand my background and cultural fit.

Show enthusiasm and positive attitude during interview. Pay attention to detail and listen carefully to interviewers. Be proactive and ask questions. Be candid in your answers. Good Luck!!

Interview Questions

• Describe the manufacturing process for some of the components in an iphone?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, offer was higher than i expected and i gladly accepted.