Apple Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

3.4

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me online and the process began with a basic phone screening with the potential supervisor followed by a hardcore phone interview that was purely technical and then finally on-site interview that lasted for 5 hours with 5 different people. The experience was okay but I was disappointed because I didn't get the offer despite the wonderful interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything about yourself that you have mentioned in your resume.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about all your projects from school and previous work experience.   Answer Question
  • Basic circuit design fundamental questions.   1 Answer
  • Basic state machine design.   Answer Question
  • Abstract system design questions with multiple constraints added as you proceed with your design.   Answer Question
  • Connector selection questions as well as power distribution on PCB   1 Answer
  • Questions about circuit breakers and their transfer function   1 Answer
  • In-dept explanations about the things you have worked on in the past.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Engineer Interview

Interview

Hiring process started off with a call from the recruiter. From there, there were two technical phone interviews -- each one took an hour and had a live coding portion. I didn't hear back after the second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of low-level C questions, but they don't allow releasing the questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It started with Emails then two phone calls. It ended due to Apple's "brand loyalty" policy which I'm in violation of. I'm not Apple loyal because I use Non-Apple products, so therefore not Apple material. Sorry Apple, but the reality is 90% Engineers out there no matter how brilliant aren't using Apple loyally or even at all. And as an underpaid and overworked Engineer myself, I can't afford the latest iPhone and iWatch and somehow NOT use my current employer's Windows 7 and Linux machines for my day to day Engineering work. I do own macs and wish I could have the best Apple has to offer but sorry I can't keep up with your expensive latest machines on my underpaid salary so my at-home G5 tower is garbage and my Mac mini is a joke to you. Do us all a favor and start asking your candidates up front if they are in violation of Apple Brand Loyalty before you waste anyone's time or get anyone's hopes up by laying out relocation options and benefits. Frankly, demanding brand loyalty before you even hired is a offensive and classist.

Interview Questions

• What is a Test Plan? What kind of cell phone do you have? What kind of tools (computers) do you use?   2 Answers

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in October 2015.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview at a networking session. All went well, I had an enjoyable and intriguing conversation with the design engineer. I showed him a machine that i had built and we talked about why I made the choices that I made.
    My next step is the phone interview. I was told that I got one approximately three months after the in-person interview.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

After talking to them at the career fair I got a text later that day asking to do an interview with the person I talked to at the fair in the following days. It was 30 minutes and about 20-25 were straight up just the interviewer whipping off questions. After that I did two phone interviews with interested managers at Apple spaced about a week apart from each other. In the phone interviews it pretty much just ended up being me telling them about my resume and what I've done, usually they were interested in a specific part of it and wanted to talk more about that.

To me, it seems that if you make it past the first technical interview, you're pretty much in and the phone interviews are just to place you somewhere as long as you know your stuff when it comes to what's on you resume.

Interview Questions

• Material properties, structures, beam bending in the first interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone screen with several people on the team. I guess that went well, because they immediately invited me for an on-site interview. I then spent ~7 hours interviewing with 8-9 individuals. They asked me a bunch of technical questions and I had to draw a lot of things on a whiteboard. I received a verbal offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions about my previous work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter emailed back shortly afterwards to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. Smooth process and asked general questions. They send a project for you to work on if you are able to advance to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Mostly background questions related to resume and skills needed for position   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Some behavioral questions were unexpected, list three adjectives that your colleague might describe you.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple in August 2013.

Interview

Had a friend submit my resume. Was brought in for in person interview. Hiring manager was supposed to spend 30-45 minutes with me spend 10 minutes then excused himself. Thought interview went very well aside from being asked questions that the interviewer admitted were trick questions. Got form letter few days later that I was not a match for them with no reason given.

Interview Questions

• Compare and Contrast Bill Gates and Steve Jobs   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I got to the group interview where I was able to meet all the team members in the department that I applied to. 25 mins per person, total around 5 hours. My interview went well according to the recruiter, she quickly set me up for the final interviews with other departments. Few days before the interview, the recruiter notified me that the interview got canceled without giving any explanation. I spend a lot time to find out the reason from insider at Apple, turn out that the other department did not think I am quality for the position; I also have a similar background as the other department which could imperil them...according to the insider.

Even though I want to try again and prove myself, after a second thought I think there is no reason to bargain for a job in a company where one department can easily Interference the rest of the department's business. Such political matters will definitely effect my loyalty if I actually work inside that company.