Apple Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 phone screens followed by a 6 hour in person interview. Questions were a mix of technical as well as problem solving related.

Interview Questions

• how would you sort out issues you have with co-workers   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in December 2010.

Interview

The interview was very technical...no behavioral questions. Lots of problems to work on the whiteboard. The problems were relevant. They only asked things that you said you were familiar with or should be familiar with. The interviewers were very technically competent and overall I would say that Apple is looking for the very top people. The interviewers were cross functional and included several managers. There were about 8 or 9 interviewers, one-by-one, 30 minutes each, in a small room. It was exhausting but I think it is the way a top company should interview engineers if they want the very best. Cafeteria food is good!

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was fairly rigorous. It began with a 30 minute phone screen where I was asked about my experience in the field and my interests, and I was presented with a slightly more technical physics problem. I was then contacted about having an onsite interview the following week. The onsite interview lasted for almost 7 hours, and consisted of 10+ interviews with employees in the division, who asked about everything from specific design questions to why I wanted to work there to what I valued in a job. I also presented my numerous projects. The following week, I ended the process with a shorter interview with two upper level managers. To the best of my knowledge, everything went very smoothly. Unfortunately, I wasn't offered the position, which was obviously disappointing after 10+ hours of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• After being presented a part of a product, they ask "How do you think this is made"   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very detailed with questions covering a wide breadth of topic pertaining to the job. Many questions required a white board to solve. The questions were mixed between technical and personality with some brain teasers thrown in. Overall a challenging experience but really shows you what you know.

Interview Questions

• Explain all the ways to remove a few hundred helium filled balloons from a large room?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It started with Emails then two phone calls. It ended due to Apple's "brand loyalty" policy which I'm in violation of. I'm not Apple loyal because I use Non-Apple products, so therefore not Apple material. Sorry Apple, but the reality is 90% Engineers out there no matter how brilliant aren't using Apple loyally or even at all. And as an underpaid and overworked Engineer myself, I can't afford the latest iPhone and iWatch and somehow NOT use my current employer's Windows 7 and Linux machines for my day to day Engineering work. I do own macs and wish I could have the best Apple has to offer but sorry I can't keep up with your expensive latest machines on my underpaid salary so my at-home G5 tower is garbage and my Mac mini is a joke to you. Do us all a favor and start asking your candidates up front if they are in violation of Apple Brand Loyalty before you waste anyone's time or get anyone's hopes up by laying out relocation options and benefits. Frankly, demanding brand loyalty before you even hired is a offensive and classist.

Interview Questions

• What is a Test Plan? What kind of cell phone do you have? What kind of tools (computers) do you use?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

After talking to them at the career fair I got a text later that day asking to do an interview with the person I talked to at the fair in the following days. It was 30 minutes and about 20-25 were straight up just the interviewer whipping off questions. After that I did two phone interviews with interested managers at Apple spaced about a week apart from each other. In the phone interviews it pretty much just ended up being me telling them about my resume and what I've done, usually they were interested in a specific part of it and wanted to talk more about that.

To me, it seems that if you make it past the first technical interview, you're pretty much in and the phone interviews are just to place you somewhere as long as you know your stuff when it comes to what's on you resume.

Interview Questions

• Material properties, structures, beam bending in the first interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone screen with several people on the team. I guess that went well, because they immediately invited me for an on-site interview. I then spent ~7 hours interviewing with 8-9 individuals. They asked me a bunch of technical questions and I had to draw a lot of things on a whiteboard. I received a verbal offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions about my previous work.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Taipei (Taiwan)) in June 2011.

Interview

It was in a fancy hotel in Taipei. After registering on the info desk, we were made to wait for about 20 minutes, while 3 interviewers interviewed me in 3 different fancy hotel rooms, for a total of about more than 1 hour

Interview Questions

• do you have manufacturing experience   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple in August 2013.

Interview

Had a friend submit my resume. Was brought in for in person interview. Hiring manager was supposed to spend 30-45 minutes with me spend 10 minutes then excused himself. Thought interview went very well aside from being asked questions that the interviewer admitted were trick questions. Got form letter few days later that I was not a match for them with no reason given.

Interview Questions

• Compare and Contrast Bill Gates and Steve Jobs   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in April 2012.

Interview

Excellent personel; aggressively ambitious

Interview Questions

• Find the largest common number in two unsorted linked lists   1 Answer