Apple Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

3.4

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me online and the process began with a basic phone screening with the potential supervisor followed by a hardcore phone interview that was purely technical and then finally on-site interview that lasted for 5 hours with 5 different people. The experience was okay but I was disappointed because I didn't get the offer despite the wonderful interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything about yourself that you have mentioned in your resume.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about all your projects from school and previous work experience.   Answer Question
  • Basic circuit design fundamental questions.   1 Answer
  • Basic state machine design.   Answer Question
  • Abstract system design questions with multiple constraints added as you proceed with your design.   Answer Question
  • Connector selection questions as well as power distribution on PCB   1 Answer
  • Questions about circuit breakers and their transfer function   1 Answer
  • In-dept explanations about the things you have worked on in the past.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted first just to get an updated resume.
    The second interview went into details about project and possible positions.

I was told the recruiter would contact me back but it didn't happen.
    I think this is very unprofessional considering the company we're talking about.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about me and what I want to do. No technical questions.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Hiring process started off with a call from the recruiter. From there, there were two technical phone interviews -- each one took an hour and had a live coding portion. I didn't hear back after the second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of low-level C questions, but they don't allow releasing the questions.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Zürich (Switzerland)) in January 2015.

Interview

a recuriter contacted me on linked in and asked for my detailed CV, I sent it and after one week he invited me for on site interview. They offered me the tickets and one night hotel reservation.
    There were 3 guys from the company each of them asked me like 6 to 7 questions

Interview Questions

• they just reviewed my remume and asked me about everything i have put in it.
      they gave me some easy c++ and image processing questoins on whiteboard   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very detailed with questions covering a wide breadth of topic pertaining to the job. Many questions required a white board to solve. The questions were mixed between technical and personality with some brain teasers thrown in. Overall a challenging experience but really shows you what you know.

Interview Questions

• Explain all the ways to remove a few hundred helium filled balloons from a large room?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in October 2015.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview at a networking session. All went well, I had an enjoyable and intriguing conversation with the design engineer. I showed him a machine that i had built and we talked about why I made the choices that I made.
    My next step is the phone interview. I was told that I got one approximately three months after the in-person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It started with Emails then two phone calls. It ended due to Apple's "brand loyalty" policy which I'm in violation of. I'm not Apple loyal because I use Non-Apple products, so therefore not Apple material. Sorry Apple, but the reality is 90% Engineers out there no matter how brilliant aren't using Apple loyally or even at all. And as an underpaid and overworked Engineer myself, I can't afford the latest iPhone and iWatch and somehow NOT use my current employer's Windows 7 and Linux machines for my day to day Engineering work. I do own macs and wish I could have the best Apple has to offer but sorry I can't keep up with your expensive latest machines on my underpaid salary so my at-home G5 tower is garbage and my Mac mini is a joke to you. Do us all a favor and start asking your candidates up front if they are in violation of Apple Brand Loyalty before you waste anyone's time or get anyone's hopes up by laying out relocation options and benefits. Frankly, demanding brand loyalty before you even hired is a offensive and classist.

Interview Questions

• What is a Test Plan? What kind of cell phone do you have? What kind of tools (computers) do you use?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

After talking to them at the career fair I got a text later that day asking to do an interview with the person I talked to at the fair in the following days. It was 30 minutes and about 20-25 were straight up just the interviewer whipping off questions. After that I did two phone interviews with interested managers at Apple spaced about a week apart from each other. In the phone interviews it pretty much just ended up being me telling them about my resume and what I've done, usually they were interested in a specific part of it and wanted to talk more about that.

To me, it seems that if you make it past the first technical interview, you're pretty much in and the phone interviews are just to place you somewhere as long as you know your stuff when it comes to what's on you resume.

Interview Questions

• Material properties, structures, beam bending in the first interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone screen with several people on the team. I guess that went well, because they immediately invited me for an on-site interview. I then spent ~7 hours interviewing with 8-9 individuals. They asked me a bunch of technical questions and I had to draw a lot of things on a whiteboard. I received a verbal offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions about my previous work.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Taipei (Taiwan)) in June 2011.

Interview

It was in a fancy hotel in Taipei. After registering on the info desk, we were made to wait for about 20 minutes, while 3 interviewers interviewed me in 3 different fancy hotel rooms, for a total of about more than 1 hour

Interview Questions

• do you have manufacturing experience   1 Answer