Apple Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

3.3

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

The Apple Team was in fact more focused towards to the wireless communication and how the Cells in the mobile network are oriented and organized. There were no questions on the software development side. They also asked questions on DSP and Fourier analysis.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I'm still in the process of interviewing there.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to figure out how I'd deal with conflict (managerial question).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online through Apple's website and was contacted by an Apple recruiter a month later. He asked some basic questions about what I was looking for in a career, why I wanted to work for Apple, and what my current salary was. I interviewed with the hiring manager that afternoon on the phone. The interview started 30 minutes late and I wasn't sure it would actually happen. The interview consisted of basic questions about my experience, the position, and a bit about the organizational structure.

I then heard nothing from the recruiter and had to follow up a few times to actually get a response. They set up another phone interview and this consisted of a technical phone screen. The phone screen wasn't too difficult asking basic security and design questions and going over my background again.

They scheduled an on-site interview which consisted of four 30 minute interviews and a lunch interview with the hiring manager. The first interview was 15 minutes late and the lunch interview didn't happen at all. That interviewer was traveling. Ate lunch alone and finished off with the other interviewers. All were polite and interesting people, but didn't seem too interested or prepared for the interviews. The one thing I did get from everyone is that they enjoyed working for Apple and liked their jobs.

I sent my feedback to the recruiter but have yet to hear anything from them. I have to say that it was a disappointing experience and I really expected it to be better. The lack of communication and organization was certainly not expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Was told to meet at Apple HQ for in-person interview. Interviewer arrived late, however was very friendly. The interview went long, with questions and discussion that varied from the very technical and esoteric to more personal (dealing with people, etc). Some talk about travel requirements and mentioning of a possible second interview. Still, so far no formal scheduling of the next interview.

All in all, the interviewer talked as much, if not more than I did. The setting and environment was very comfortable, and the interviewer seemed more interested in the questions I asked than my answers for those provided.

Interview Questions

• What did you study in college, and can you describe some of your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online for the position.
    Contacted by the company recuiter about 6 weeks later to schedule an interview with the hiring manager.
    Took sometime to find a good time for both side to set up a phone chat for 45 min.
    Half hour after the phone chat, was asked to interview on site.
    The basic question is to describe yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Applied online a few days later received an email a few days later inviting me to an invitation only invite at a hotel. I went there stayed for 2 hours and it was pretty intense a lot of people were there but overall the employees were very friendly. Didn't receive an offer though

Interview Questions

• If someone came in with a faulty ipod and the genius bad was application booked what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via Linkedin. Exchanged several mails trying to setup a good time to talk. Finally spoke for about ½ hour by phone. Spoke in general terms about by career experiences & areas Apple was recruiting talent for. Agreed to have a follow-up call but never heard back. Very pleasant recruiter / conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Was surprised Apple reached out to recruit me at the old age of 37!

Negotiation

Indicated I would take a $10,000 decrease in salary only after they indicated I would allowed to participate in their Employee Stock Purchase Plan!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with HR rep that briefly touched on my experience at previous employment. Then a technical phone interview (about 45min). Asked all sorts of questions from microprocessors to voltage regulators. Very specific knowledge necessary. He definitely knew his stuff. Come prepared!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

I talked with a recruiter and two hiring managers. They asked some fairly technical questions over a wide range of topics. I was happy to get the second interview, however it became clear they were looking for someone more senior. Next time.

Interview Questions

• They both asked if I had questions for them, and I faltered the first time. I worry that probably didn't show as much enthusiasm as I'd wished.   Answer Question