Apple Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

3.3

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in November 2011.

Interview

I got my first interview with Apple with a recruiter at UCLA. Asked only technical questions about my prior experiences. Then I got a 2nd interview but on the phone. They asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of materials were used during your experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in October 2011.

Interview

First ask to describe myself and what is my career plan in the next five years. Then focus on the resume. Really need to familiar with any details listed on the resume. A few general questions about the position related stuff. Only takes bout 25 minutes.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Taipei (Taiwan)) in June 2011.

Interview

It was in a fancy hotel in Taipei. After registering on the info desk, we were made to wait for about 20 minutes, while 3 interviewers interviewed me in 3 different fancy hotel rooms, for a total of about more than 1 hour

Interview Questions

• do you have manufacturing experience   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple in March 2011.

Interview

It was a 1:1 on-campus interview and it lasted about half an hour. I was asked a couple of questions about the projects I've been working on. And then the next day I got an email saying the feedback was positive. However one week later I was told there is no opening at this moment.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from the most recent research project you've been working on? What are the difficulties?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in January 2011.

Interview

No behavior questions, all tech. questions. all interview lasts for half hour. After interview, hr asked for previous research work.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in December 2010.

Interview

The interview was very technical...no behavioral questions. Lots of problems to work on the whiteboard. The problems were relevant. They only asked things that you said you were familiar with or should be familiar with. The interviewers were very technically competent and overall I would say that Apple is looking for the very top people. The interviewers were cross functional and included several managers. There were about 8 or 9 interviewers, one-by-one, 30 minutes each, in a small room. It was exhausting but I think it is the way a top company should interview engineers if they want the very best. Cafeteria food is good!

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in November 2010.

Interview

I was told to have the interview on campus after a career fair. I had interviews with two people from different teams. The first person asked me many questions about my previous experiences, like what things I had done in the past. Then he asked me several easy technical questions. An example question is what to consider when doing object-oriented programming. I said loose coupling is important. It went pretty well but it didn't get into deeper questions.
    The second person I met asked me some UI questions. Obvious he's looking for engineers that are willing to do front-end work and have a good design sense. I showed him some of my designs. Later, he switch gears to lower-level problems relating to OS. Some of the questions he asked include "Tell me about the difference between a process and a thread?", "How to prevent dead lock?", and "What's the difference between stack and heap? Which one is faster?". I was not so prepared for some of the OS questions so it didn't go so well.
    Both interview went for about half an hour. I appreciate both of them being very patient and nice during the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me which is faster, a stack or a heap? Why?   2 Answers

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in July 2010.

Interview

I was brought into a conference room and 5 people rotated in/out and chatted with me for 30 min each. They asked typical questions like past experience and what i bring to the table. My proudest achievement, some project that I worked on most recently that saved the company the most money, and a few technical questions regarding manufacturing techniques, drafting, and what are some things that a designer should consider.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most/least about your current job?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in April 2010.

Interview

Face to face interview with two senior mangers - however, they didn't reveal much about he products, groups ro company.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that calculates a number's factorial using recursion   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in April 2010.

Interview

I talked to one of their managers in cupertino, but they are looking for people with extensive ASIC experience. Also, they need people with actual practice on coding, verification, etc.

I like Apple since this is a good company and they are the future for clouding computing.