Apple Engineering Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Engineering Project Manager Interview Questions

3.5

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Apple after their recruiter saw my profile on LinkedIn. The recruiter informed me of a position that I may be a match. I sent my most resume to the recruiter to pass along to the hiring manager. I was contacted a couple of weeks later and a phone interview was arranged. I was sent some non-disclosure forms and permissions to perform a background check. The project is a new product with a lot of secrecy surrounding it. I understanding that is standard for each new product release. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. The hiring manager indicated there were several items in my resume that were of interest to her. We discussed at a high level the jobs that were available and she determined from my more detailed description of my experiences which positions should thought would be a fit. She said she wanted to discuss my resume and her thoughts with her director and she would get back to me.

After about 5 weeks, I received an email from the recruiter indicating they were interesting in have me come in for a day-long interview. She gave me a short description of the interview process, a key being a technical presentation I was to make to some of the staff. It could be a topic of my choosing, to last up to 30 minutes. I arrived at Apple and was met by the recruiter who described how my day was laid out. I met with 9 interviewers of varying levels of influence and experience, for about 30 minutes each. The questions ranged from discussing my roles in various projects I worked on, interaction with project team members and customers, how I dealt with various stressful situations and my philosophies on project management methodologies. Technical questions about various tools were asked but not in very great detail. I was able to ask the interview team any questions not specific to the project for which I was interviewing. Lunch was provided and I was joined by one of my interviewers so that we could also spend part of that time interviewing. After lunch was my presentation. Three of my interviewers attended and occasionally asked questions about different aspects of the project I chose to speak about.

The process was not as intimidating as I expected. The interviewers were engaging and I felt at ease during the process. After the interview, I waited almost 2 months before receiving notification that I did not get the position. They were looking for someone with a different skillset. I asked for feedback on my interview (nothing project specific), but was told because of the secret nature of project they could not give me any additional feedback. That was a bit disappointing, since I did not get any negative indication during the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you put in place testing for a product that might cause personal injury to the user?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Super nice people. They want to know about you and your personality and if you will fit before moving on to technical questions. Pretty interesting interview. The manager calls you in talks to you about the role asks some questions and gives you the opportunity to ask questions. No discussion of products.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle fitting in in the first 90 days.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview and was called in for an onsite interview. Interviewed with 6 people in one day and was mainly asked about experience on Project Managment. Most of the interviewees had the same questions so made sure the answers were consistent.

Application

Interview

Passed 2 phone interviews, invited for a 6-hour onsite interview. Nothing out of the ordinary for a project manager questions, mostly situational questions. Some of the interviewer seems to be trying to "break" you with ridiculous questions that has nothing to do with project management

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had one initial screening-type interview, and then a full day in Cupertino, where I met with 8 members of the team 1-on-1, including a lunch interview.

A few of the interviews were very difficult, including a few riddles/brain teasers that I took a veeerrrry long time solving and needed a couple hints. I was asked a lot of CS and EE technical questions, as well as a ton of fit questions. One interview was quite intimidating. It was very rapid-fire, to test adaptability and response to interruptions. I kept positive the whole time and enjoyed the challenge! The interviews covered a broad range of topics and skill areas with all different types of interviewers. Overall I enjoyed them, and I came knowing that the interviews would be tough. They didn't disappoint!

My advice to future applicants would be to relax as much as possible and try to have fun with the challenges. Know that the way you react to a difficult situation can be just as important as your actual answers (if not more important). Keep smiling, stay positive and just think, I'm doing my best!

Interview Questions

• I don't want to give away the actual riddles, but study some riddles / brain teasers and get used to that way of thinking.   1 Answer
    • One of my favorite questions: What was your best day in the last 4 years? What was your worst?   1 Answer
    • Why Apple? (almost every interview)   1 Answer
    • State your top 3 strengths and top 3 weaknesses, as fast as you can. Go!   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

A week after phone interview with hiring manager I went through face to face interview with 6 other managers. In one day, 7 hours of long marathon interview was a headache. Most of them were pretty nice but one of managers was very reluctant to talk and didn't care much about my answer. He was kind of rush to finish the interview. Very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• one of managers asked what I have done in previous job and wanted me to describe in detail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with the hiring manager. Not much discussion about the job function, since i was preforming a similar job at my previous company.

Interviews at the apple campus consisted of 6 people, 30 minutes each. None of the interviewers had any specific questions prepared, so i spent my time talking about my previous work experience.

Everyone was very busy, and looked like the interview was just adding to their daily work space.
    Most that interviewed me were 1 year or less at the company.

Interview Questions

• What things did you research before coming to this interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My salary requested was accepted without much negotiation. Advice to shoot a bit higher and work your way down. Also glassdoor can help find salary ranges.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I interviewed on site with 6 different people in the organisation. They asked in depth about project management and people/stakeholder management skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was quite rigorous. I was interviewed by 7 people in one day and then one phone interview as that person was not here. Overall it went well but I got a response saying that my skill sets were not an exact match. Not sure, what they were looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

30 minutes phone interview -> 6 hours onsite interview
    6 hours onsite interview is very detailed, but most of the questions they asks are very standard. Those who you'll interview are most likely your future coworkers and bosses.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your management style.   1 Answer