Apple Family Room Specialist Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Apple Family Room Specialist Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.5

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was officially referred by an Apple employee and recommended by several other employees in conversations with the hiring leader. The interview process took 3 weeks from the group hiring event to my start date. This was unlike any interview process I had experienced. My group hiring event included about 75 people. There were 3 more events at the same time. 20 out of 300 candidates were hired.

I was very impressed that the hiring event was so diverse in age, gender, sexuality and race/ethnicity even though store management is still mostly straight white men. The group that got hired was evenly split between men and women, mostly people of colour and about a 3rd out LGBTQ folks. Apple is clearly dedicated increasing diversity.

I loved that the hiring event was a group format where it was difficult for people who are used to entering themselves to take up all the space in the room. The group event was followed by an interview where the people leader got to know me, a second interview with another manager, and several phone calls checking in about my goals and how Apple and I could fit together.

Every manager was more interested in my personality and empathy for customers than about my experience in tech services.

I see people here complaining about the group hiring process. It's a good thing that you weren't hired. You would hate working for Apple retail. I love it.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working at Apple could enrich your life? (After I answered, the interviewer spoke about services and benefits that Apple offers to team members)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because I was recommended by employees and the hiring leader was so enthusiastic about wanting to hire me, I felt confident negotiating for the top end of the starting wage range for a Family Room Specialist. I got it.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Rigorous interview process. At least 3 separate interviews with different managers. Most applicants don't make it past the first or second. Apple is very selective on who they hire.

Interview Questions

• Not word for word, but basically if I have ever had to deal with an irate customer before and what did I do or say to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as their initial salary and package was perfect for me.

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

long, but effective. focused on experience and personal capability. multiple stages and type of interview (groupd/ 1 on 1/telephone). but the whole process is very active. apple store people, normally manager, will constantly, repeatedly contact you, keep you in the loop, especially if they are interested in you! It is nothing technical, they want to know you as a person. So be there, be yourself!

Interview Questions

• how you handle escalation?   1 Answer

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Two days: Group interview with scenarios and 1 to 1 with managers. Friendly atmosphere. Beautiful videos. Overall a great experience. It is a thrilling experience to work for such a fantastic company, and the recruiters were great! They showed us what does it mean to work in Apple without using fake videos: it is an amazing experience to be part of such a beautiful family.

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

multiple interviews, be prepared to do at least two. managers seemed interested and excited to interview new people but be prepared to wait until the manager is actually free to interview you. i know i was always on time however my interview process never started when it was supposed to.

Interview Questions

• the interview was quite some time ago - interview questions were fairly standard and none really stuck out to me as particularly difficult to answer. be prepared to give examples of times when you've dealt with conflict or any other issue in a work environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

rather non-existent

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2010.

Interview

4 interviews plus one initial group interview

Interview Questions

• How do u own your customer interactions   1 Answer