Apple Family Room Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Apple

In Person7%
HardAverageEasy
Found 97 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland
Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Glasgow, Scotland)

Interview

I had three interviews all of them being group interviews. The first one was a large group interview with about 10 other people where we talked about the Apple Store and if we had any experience being in one. Then there was some role playing to focus on the ‘Customer Journey’. A few hours after the interview I was phoned to say I had made it to the second round. The second round was with 4 other people. We had an ‘About Me’ sheet to fill in prior to the interview and during the interview we discussed our answers. Again after a few hours I was invited to the third round. I was told 80% of people who make it this far get hired. The last round had yet more role playing but it was with a larger group this time.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of experience do you have with Apple Retail?
    Answer Question
  • What do you bring to the table no one else can?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (United States)

Interview

It's a long process and really nerve wracking. Not much to know ahead of time, just be yourself. It's a group interview, three of them to be exact. You have a panel that is really looking for specific language.

Interview Questions
  • They asked for specific situations of dealing with customers.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in Jul 2016

Interview

I am a African American man. I don't think that really matters. I was referred by a friend. They contacted me through email about 4 weeks later. I had reserve my seat. The Interview was at the Galleria Mall in Ft.Lauderdale Florida. It was a group interview of 5. I had the most experience seeing that I worked for a call center for Apple Care. So I have great customer service skills and technical skills. I was offered to go to the second interview. I was declined the job. I'm not sure why they did not move forward with me. And I always smiled and showed a friendly and welcoming personality. I really can't give any advice seeing that I did not get the job. But good luck to all .

Interview Questions
  • What was a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you help the customer?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in Jun 2016

Interview

I applied for the position in late April or early May. I was scheduled for my first interview May 24. It was at one of their headquarters in NYC. It was a group interview. There were about 15 people there & I believe more were coming. They split us up into groups of 6. In my group the manager sat us round table style & asked everyone questions. It's important to be attentive to everyone & be friendly! Smile a lot! Address people by their names when you talk about their answers in relation to yours too. This is also where they ask which specific role you'd like to apply for. Make sure you know the difference between the roles. My next interview was May 29. It was a one on one, which is a little different because usually it's all group interviews until the last one, but this one was personal. Again, lots of energy! Come prepared with examples of your leadership from past jobs & how you'll be successful at Apple. This was about 30 mins of conversation & questions. Make sure to ask at least one question at the end! Next interview was June 1. This was with the highest manager at the store I wanted to work out. Very similar to the previous interview. Small talk that gauges how you are with people, then a series of questions that ask to to tell a story from previous experiences that will help you here. It was a one on one, but it was on the sales floor. So keep smiling, talk loud (don't yell!) and just bring it. Usually it's at least 4 interviews, but they may have been moving quickly for the summer. I received an offer June 10 contingent on passing a background check.

Interview Questions
  • What's something you think you might struggle with at Apple?
  • Name a time someone gave you tough criticism & how you handled it?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (London, England) in May 2016

Interview

I had a four stage interview, the first of which was held in central London and was a series of group discussions, team work, and role play. The second interview was much smaller, 4 people plus an apple employee, and this was a general chat to get to know you and visa versa. My third interview was almost identical to the second but spoke more about apple their products and why you are interested. The fourth interview was with the store manager to really get to know who you are and what extra things interest you outside of work.

Interview Questions
Apple
Anonymous Employee in London, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (London, England)

Interview

4 stage interview- - a group interview with role-plays and improvisation, very informal. - another group interview standing up and talking in front of everyone. - presenting a presentation and filling out an About Me form. - a intense face to face with 4 other interviewees and 2 managers.

Interview Questions
Apple
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (United States)

Interview

The first step was an invitation to a hiring event, which is essentially a giant group interview held by the People Leader and the hiring team (current employees). You need to be on the second you walk into the room. Mingle with people, start conversation. The point of this interview is to gauge your interpersonal skills. You'll watch videos about Apple Retail. Pay attention because they'll ask you questions afterwards. Try to stand out as much as possible (in a good way). Next you'll break out into small groups and pass an ipad with interview questions on it. You'll ask a question to a neighbor and they'll answer it to the group. After the group interview, I had three more interviews. 2 with different managers, and the final interview with the store leader (GM), market leader, and business manager. Those interviews were standard one-on-one interviews. My process was over about a month, but it was also during the holidays so that drew things out a bit.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you had to approach a coworker about an issue. How did you handle it?
Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New Brunswick, NJ) in Jan 2016

Interview

I was referred so I did not have to attend a hiring event. There were 3 interviews. First interview was a small group interview (2 other individuals) and 2 managers. General behavioral questions, definitely not your typical retail interview. Second interview was an individual interview. Just me and other managers, this time higher up. The third and last interview was again with 2 others but this time was with a higher up manager again. More behavioral questions, but had more to do with the products and the job description.

Interview Questions
Apple
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in Jan 2016

Interview

Met with the store leader, reviewed my skills related only to job they are looking to fill. They do not take much time to look over your resume, nor are they allowed to take it from you at the interview due to HR policy, so they do not really put much weight on any past experience that you may believe to be relevant. Basically they are psychologically profiling you with the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a situation were a customer is unhappy with their product and insists on being seen right now?
Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Apple (Bethesda, MD) in Dec 2015

Interview

Was referred through a friend to Apple. Sent in my resume and other paperwork. Had a 30-minute interview, they asked me some questions, scheduled a second review. The second review was with the store manager who again asked me a few questions and then I was hired.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 97