Apple Family Room Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Family Room Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It's a long process and really nerve wracking. Not much to know ahead of time, just be yourself. It's a group interview, three of them to be exact. You have a panel that is really looking for specific language.

Interview Questions

• They asked for specific situations of dealing with customers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I am a African American man. I don't think that really matters. I was referred by a friend. They contacted me through email about 4 weeks later. I had reserve my seat. The Interview was at the Galleria Mall in Ft.Lauderdale Florida. It was a group interview of 5. I had the most experience seeing that I worked for a call center for Apple Care. So I have great customer service skills and technical skills. I was offered to go to the second interview. I was declined the job. I'm not sure why they did not move forward with me. And I always smiled and showed a friendly and welcoming personality. I really can't give any advice seeing that I did not get the job. But good luck to all .

Interview Questions

• What was a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you help the customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position in late April or early May. I was scheduled for my first interview May 24. It was at one of their headquarters in NYC. It was a group interview. There were about 15 people there & I believe more were coming. They split us up into groups of 6. In my group the manager sat us round table style & asked everyone questions. It's important to be attentive to everyone & be friendly! Smile a lot! Address people by their names when you talk about their answers in relation to yours too. This is also where they ask which specific role you'd like to apply for. Make sure you know the difference between the roles.
    My next interview was May 29. It was a one on one, which is a little different because usually it's all group interviews until the last one, but this one was personal. Again, lots of energy! Come prepared with examples of your leadership from past jobs & how you'll be successful at Apple. This was about 30 mins of conversation & questions. Make sure to ask at least one question at the end!
    Next interview was June 1. This was with the highest manager at the store I wanted to work out. Very similar to the previous interview. Small talk that gauges how you are with people, then a series of questions that ask to to tell a story from previous experiences that will help you here. It was a one on one, but it was on the sales floor. So keep smiling, talk loud (don't yell!) and just bring it.
    Usually it's at least 4 interviews, but they may have been moving quickly for the summer. I received an offer June 10 contingent on passing a background check.

Interview Questions

• What's something you think you might struggle with at Apple?   Answer Question
    • Name a time someone gave you tough criticism & how you handled it?   Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The first step was an invitation to a hiring event, which is essentially a giant group interview held by the People Leader and the hiring team (current employees). You need to be on the second you walk into the room. Mingle with people, start conversation. The point of this interview is to gauge your interpersonal skills. You'll watch videos about Apple Retail. Pay attention because they'll ask you questions afterwards. Try to stand out as much as possible (in a good way). Next you'll break out into small groups and pass an ipad with interview questions on it. You'll ask a question to a neighbor and they'll answer it to the group. After the group interview, I had three more interviews. 2 with different managers, and the final interview with the store leader (GM), market leader, and business manager. Those interviews were standard one-on-one interviews. My process was over about a month, but it was also during the holidays so that drew things out a bit.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to approach a coworker about an issue. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I was referred so I did not have to attend a hiring event.

There were 3 interviews.
    First interview was a small group interview (2 other individuals) and 2 managers. General behavioral questions, definitely not your typical retail interview.
    Second interview was an individual interview. Just me and other managers, this time higher up.
    The third and last interview was again with 2 others but this time was with a higher up manager again. More behavioral questions, but had more to do with the products and the job description.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, just stated pay offer and explained benefits. I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Bethesda, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

Was referred through a friend to Apple. Sent in my resume and other paperwork. Had a 30-minute interview, they asked me some questions, scheduled a second review. The second review was with the store manager who again asked me a few questions and then I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Boca Raton, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks total. I was referred by a friend, then I applied online. I received email confirmation of the addition of myself to the group interview. Had group interview the following week, After the group interview I received a phone call from the hiring manager offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Give us a detailed description on how you failed to provide good customer experience and how you could have done things differently.   1 Answer

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It is a three step process.

-The first interview
    For the first interview it was an on-site interview with the store supervisor. The questions were pretty common for an interview (Tell me about yourself, What are your previous job experiences, and hypothetical situations). After the interview was over, they told me someone will contact me to see about the next step.

-The second interview
    The second interview was again the same format, but now it was directed with the Store Manager I believe. The interview was on-site and very much like a normal conversation. After the interview was done I was told I would be contacted with their decision.

-The third interview
    The third interview was I believe with the district manager, and again on-site and very casual interview, more like a conversation. Same questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in your previous job experience?
      Tell me about yourself.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX).

Interview

There was an event to give you an overview of the different positions and lighting rounds with managers. After managers would reach out to schedule an interview. If they think you're a good fit they'll call you to talk about salary and have you sign paper work.

If the store you want to work at doesn't have the opening you are looking for, apply anyway and transfer later.

Interview Questions

• How did you respond when working with a group of people and there wasn't any leadership?
      Why would you want to work here?
      Tell me about a situation where you had friction with a teammate and how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

There were three rounds. First, a phone call, second, a group interview, and last a personal interview. The group interview was interesting. you were divided into groups and then had to come up with a story line that fixes a customer's phone or sell them a product. You need to be engaging but you also should not look like youre trying to steal the spotlight. You have to my sympathetic with the customer's problem and then make the situation positive and fix the "customer's" issue and creative a happy customer.