Apple Family Room Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Family Room Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2017

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a four stage interview, the first of which was held in central London and was a series of group discussions, team work, and role play. The second interview was much smaller, 4 people plus an apple employee, and this was a general chat to get to know you and visa versa. My third interview was almost identical to the second but spoke more about apple their products and why you are interested. The fourth interview was with the store manager to really get to know who you are and what extra things interest you outside of work.

Interview Questions

• Name one person that has been inspiring to you and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Apple (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

I met with one of the managers of the store, 2nd interview with another manager, 3rd interview with the district manager, then a final interview with another manager. All were basic interview fair (standard questions, chit chat, experience, etc.). But, they all bought me tea, which was awesome.

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Two days: Group interview with scenarios and 1 to 1 with managers. Friendly atmosphere. Beautiful videos. Overall a great experience. It is a thrilling experience to work for such a fantastic company, and the recruiters were great! They showed us what does it mean to work in Apple without using fake videos: it is an amazing experience to be part of such a beautiful family.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applying online is a breeze, but you must be ready to respond in a timely fashion and arrive on time for the interviews (there are 3 interviews in total when I applied).

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sacramento, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Three interviews first was a group interview second with a manager and third with the store manager. The group interview was a little weird being my first time in that type of environment, however the staff was very friendly and was eager to help us succeed.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a longer process than I anticipated, but since I got the job I have to say it was worth it. I would have liked more expectations set by the manager like when they would call me back, etc. etc. but it worked out in the end and I just had to keep my other day job in the meantime.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and they gave me a call about a month after I applied. I went through 5 interviews with different people that held different jobs within the company. After the last interview I got a call and was offered a position. They offered me a part time family room specialist position which is at the Genius Bar instead of sales, which is apparently rare in Apple. Friendly and non judgemental interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was a previous work experience you learned from?   2 Answers

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It's a long process and really nerve wracking. Not much to know ahead of time, just be yourself. It's a group interview, three of them to be exact. You have a panel that is really looking for specific language.

Interview Questions

• They asked for specific situations of dealing with customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I am a African American man. I don't think that really matters. I was referred by a friend. They contacted me through email about 4 weeks later. I had reserve my seat. The Interview was at the Galleria Mall in Ft.Lauderdale Florida. It was a group interview of 5. I had the most experience seeing that I worked for a call center for Apple Care. So I have great customer service skills and technical skills. I was offered to go to the second interview. I was declined the job. I'm not sure why they did not move forward with me. And I always smiled and showed a friendly and welcoming personality. I really can't give any advice seeing that I did not get the job. But good luck to all .

Interview Questions

• What was a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you help the customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position in late April or early May. I was scheduled for my first interview May 24. It was at one of their headquarters in NYC. It was a group interview. There were about 15 people there & I believe more were coming. They split us up into groups of 6. In my group the manager sat us round table style & asked everyone questions. It's important to be attentive to everyone & be friendly! Smile a lot! Address people by their names when you talk about their answers in relation to yours too. This is also where they ask which specific role you'd like to apply for. Make sure you know the difference between the roles.
    My next interview was May 29. It was a one on one, which is a little different because usually it's all group interviews until the last one, but this one was personal. Again, lots of energy! Come prepared with examples of your leadership from past jobs & how you'll be successful at Apple. This was about 30 mins of conversation & questions. Make sure to ask at least one question at the end!
    Next interview was June 1. This was with the highest manager at the store I wanted to work out. Very similar to the previous interview. Small talk that gauges how you are with people, then a series of questions that ask to to tell a story from previous experiences that will help you here. It was a one on one, but it was on the sales floor. So keep smiling, talk loud (don't yell!) and just bring it.
    Usually it's at least 4 interviews, but they may have been moving quickly for the summer. I received an offer June 10 contingent on passing a background check.

Interview Questions

• What's something you think you might struggle with at Apple?   Answer Question
    • Name a time someone gave you tough criticism & how you handled it?   Answer Question