Apple Genius Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Genius Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2016

2.7

Genius Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It's a long long process for interviewing. However, once started, 3-4 weeks tops and you'll know what is going to happen at the end game. It's mostly group at the beginning and one on one at the end.

Interview Questions

• If you, Steve Jobs, and (insert random world leader) were in a room together...would you be comfortable talking of how much you love your iPhone?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy. Simple questions about myself, and why I feel I am a good fit for the brand. Asked some technical knowledge but most of that is taught during training which they provide.

Interview Questions

• Tell a story about a time when you did not agree with what a coworker did at a job and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New Orleans, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

They interview was very difficult. there were 4 different interviews and they all were conducted in a very thorough manner. I feel that the manager really got to know me as a person following my long and rigorous interview. I interviewed with the two hiring managers, then I interviewed with the store lead, after that I interviewed with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation with a customer and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Three part process that involves a lot of "person" filtering, based on Apple looking for the certain personality fit that they strive for. Be open, well rounded, full, truthful, and passionate. Don't be a "fanboy", yet be a fan of technology, how you feel it helps people live better lives, and how Apple's technology does it best.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you failed and what you did after.   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

You can only apply through their website. You then are invited to a hiring event. (I was never part of one of those, my interview was nine years ago.) If they like you, a Manager will contact you for a short phone interview, then have you come in for another. They dont really focus on technical knowledge , they teach you that. They focus on learning your personality and seeing how well you can handle customers.

Interview Questions

• they give yiu a product or service they offer and ask you to run through a customer interaction about it   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Internal hire. Three interviews over a month. Interviewed in order of report: Manager, Store Leader, Market Leader. Interviews lasted one hour and generally reviewed performance, expectations, and what candidate can offer.

Interview Questions

• As an internal candidate, no question was especially difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The interviews are at times difficult. The interesting thing about Apple is they are masterful interviewers. They will ask you the same question by different people at different times and will see if you're consistent in your answers. The interviews can be in group form (hiring events), phone interviews or in person interviews. The interviews can and probably will be multi-leveled meaning that you might meet many different people from the same store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you failed at something and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The first "interview" so-to-speak was a hiring even with multiple staff from multiple stores. There were no real questions asked just information about what type of position you are actually applying for and what store. After that was a one on one interview with one of hte managers of the store. This interview was where the real questions were asked. I was asked technical questions (what is ram, rom. etc.) The last interview was with the Market Leader. The last interview was just getting to know you type of interview.

Interview Questions

• When did you fail at a task and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pay but that was a lengthy process. I returned the offer about 3 times before I was satisfied

Genius Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Internal interview. Had 3 interviews, family room manager and lead genius, store leader, market leader. Was being groomed for the position for months.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to prepare yourself for this position?   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Interview

I went to a hiring event where there were about 20 people. It was very behavioral and they split you up into groups. They didn't ask technical questions, but they asked a lot of behavior-specific questions. You can tell that they are looking for someone who exhibits and demonstrates excitement towards Apple products. I went to three more interviews after that before I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were specific-- keep in mind that they are looking for examples that demonstrate behavior specific actions.   Answer Question