Apple Genius Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.8

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

2 group interviews, 1 solo interview. They are really seeing if they will get along with you more so than what you know. But you still have to know enough and be interested in learning more.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were given criticism.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It was a group interview. We all sat down in tables surrounded by 3 or 4 employees. They went around the room and asked us our names and something about ourselves. When we were finished introducing ourselves, they showed us a video showcasing Apple's products. During the video, we all filled out an application with our education, experience, etc. It was all pretty straight forward. There were about 15 of us and only 1 or 2 open positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Received an email to come to a group interview. Interview had about 3-4 other candidates and the interviewer was Manager at the Fifth Ave location who asked a serious of behavioral, and scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Apple?   Answer Question
    • How has Apple impacted your life?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had a conflict with you manager? What was the problem? How did you go about solving the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

1 on 1 with some neckbeard in jean shorts, talked about the usual apple culture stuff, customers come first type of deal. The guy seemed alright, the job seemed pretty much like a retail job, I think I insulted him at one point by mentioning that I thought college was a waste of my time. There would have been two more interviews if I had continued forward.

Genius Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It's a long long process for interviewing. However, once started, 3-4 weeks tops and you'll know what is going to happen at the end game. It's mostly group at the beginning and one on one at the end.

Interview Questions

• If you, Steve Jobs, and (insert random world leader) were in a room together...would you be comfortable talking of how much you love your iPhone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy. Simple questions about myself, and why I feel I am a good fit for the brand. Asked some technical knowledge but most of that is taught during training which they provide.

Interview Questions

• Tell a story about a time when you did not agree with what a coworker did at a job and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New Orleans, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

They interview was very difficult. there were 4 different interviews and they all were conducted in a very thorough manner. I feel that the manager really got to know me as a person following my long and rigorous interview. I interviewed with the two hiring managers, then I interviewed with the store lead, after that I interviewed with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation with a customer and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Three part process that involves a lot of "person" filtering, based on Apple looking for the certain personality fit that they strive for. Be open, well rounded, full, truthful, and passionate. Don't be a "fanboy", yet be a fan of technology, how you feel it helps people live better lives, and how Apple's technology does it best.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you failed and what you did after.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial on boarding includes group interviews and then a phone interview. After that, there was an in store interview. If you're looking for promotions, there are multiple interview by comity.

Interview Questions

• How will you elevate the team around you? What can you bring to the team in this new position?   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

You can only apply through their website. You then are invited to a hiring event. (I was never part of one of those, my interview was nine years ago.) If they like you, a Manager will contact you for a short phone interview, then have you come in for another. They dont really focus on technical knowledge , they teach you that. They focus on learning your personality and seeing how well you can handle customers.

Interview Questions

• they give yiu a product or service they offer and ask you to run through a customer interaction about it   Answer Question