Apple Genius Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Genius Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.7

Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It was a group interview. We all sat down in tables surrounded by 3 or 4 employees. They went around the room and asked us our names and something about ourselves. When we were finished introducing ourselves, they showed us a video showcasing Apple's products. During the video, we all filled out an application with our education, experience, etc. It was all pretty straight forward. There were about 15 of us and only 1 or 2 open positions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New Orleans, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

They interview was very difficult. there were 4 different interviews and they all were conducted in a very thorough manner. I feel that the manager really got to know me as a person following my long and rigorous interview. I interviewed with the two hiring managers, then I interviewed with the store lead, after that I interviewed with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation with a customer and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Three part process that involves a lot of "person" filtering, based on Apple looking for the certain personality fit that they strive for. Be open, well rounded, full, truthful, and passionate. Don't be a "fanboy", yet be a fan of technology, how you feel it helps people live better lives, and how Apple's technology does it best.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you failed and what you did after.   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It's a long long process for interviewing. However, once started, 3-4 weeks tops and you'll know what is going to happen at the end game. It's mostly group at the beginning and one on one at the end.

Interview Questions

• If you, Steve Jobs, and (insert random world leader) were in a room together...would you be comfortable talking of how much you love your iPhone?   1 Answer

Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Bristol, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a phone call interview with some competency based questions, and was then invited to a group interview the following week. Attended the group interview, role play based activities and Q&A form the core of this. Still awaiting to see if I've got through to the next stage!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy. Simple questions about myself, and why I feel I am a good fit for the brand. Asked some technical knowledge but most of that is taught during training which they provide.

Interview Questions

• Tell a story about a time when you did not agree with what a coworker did at a job and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

You can only apply through their website. You then are invited to a hiring event. (I was never part of one of those, my interview was nine years ago.) If they like you, a Manager will contact you for a short phone interview, then have you come in for another. They dont really focus on technical knowledge , they teach you that. They focus on learning your personality and seeing how well you can handle customers.

Interview Questions

• they give yiu a product or service they offer and ask you to run through a customer interaction about it   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Interview

their methods are very inconsistent and constantly change. They sometimes get you in within large groups, small groups, 1:1. Whatever they feel necessary. Just be prepared to be yourself they will not hire you until they feel that they know who you are

Interview Questions

• 80% of the talking left up to you. They ask simple and straight forward questions and expect you to talk until your heart is content   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Internal hire. Three interviews over a month. Interviewed in order of report: Manager, Store Leader, Market Leader. Interviews lasted one hour and generally reviewed performance, expectations, and what candidate can offer.

Interview Questions

• As an internal candidate, no question was especially difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Metairie, LA) in July 2010.

Interview

rigorous, 3 phone interviews, 3 in person, focus more on value than experience, management super nice almost deceivingly so, more of a chat than an interview not much business discussed, easy training

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation at all