Apple Genius Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.7

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Genius Interview

Interview

I went to a hiring event where there were about 20 people. It was very behavioral and they split you up into groups. They didn't ask technical questions, but they asked a lot of behavior-specific questions. You can tell that they are looking for someone who exhibits and demonstrates excitement towards Apple products. I went to three more interviews after that before I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were specific-- keep in mind that they are looking for examples that demonstrate behavior specific actions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying on the Internet, I went to three separate interviews, until Apple decided to consider other candidates

Interview Questions

• From your previous employments, who was your favorite/most disliked manager and why;   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

The main trait that they are looking for in the interviews is the ability to communicate with people. Some other things that they are looking for are people that are very nice and easy going someone who has a great deal of patience. Do not worry to much about your technical knowledge this is something that Apple will teach you.

Interview Questions

• How do you react to a customer that has had a bad experience and continues to be a hassle.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not a great deal of negotiating, more of this is they offer they have you can take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Reno, NV) in October 2013.

Interview

The process is pretty stupid if you asked me. They fill their store with about 40 potential new hires for an open discussion interview. It's a way to see if you have the spunk that Apple is looking for. They ask you to introduce the person next to you. They have you watch 3 short 5 min. clips from Apple. Pay attention because they will ask questions about it.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were retail oriented. ie.. selling a customer   1 Answer

read previous comment

Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Apple starts with a phone interview to gauge your personality, followed by your first of three in-person interviews: first is an interview with an assistant manager, followed by an interview with the store manager, followed by an interview with a market manager. VERY redundant. It should also be noted that, from my experience, the managers aren't trained or experienced in interviewing people and reading people, so they often make decisions based on arbitrary things. (I.E. my manager was doing a phone interview, she called a girl, the girl explained that she was out shopping and was unable to hear well, asked to reschedule, my manager said she would try again, then commented that the girl shouldn't have answered if she wasn't ready, on to the next.)

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. They are just looking for someone who loves Apple, and who is friendly, excited, and outgoing. Even for technical positions like Genius, they don't seem as concerned as they should be about your technical knowledge. They think customers would prefer someone who knows less, but is bubbly, than someone who knows Mac computers inside and out, but is more reserved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. They are very clear, this is the offer, end of story.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

Long and stupid

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There were a significant number of interviews - probably about five or six - and many, many times of actually visiting stores and talking to managers in person. It was a multi-month process (probably 4 months) before a phone offer was tendered. Interviews occurred with assistant managers first, then the senior assistant manager, then the store manager, then the market manager.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions are terribly difficult - it's primarily a process of asking questions such as "why do you love Apple technology?" or "explain a situation where you had to mitigate conflict?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable pay and benefits. It's a massive, international retail operation. The only things that will make you more competitive and possibly able to ask for better pay are higher certifications.

Genius Interview

Interview

Hiring and interview process is lengthy but is in place to ensure we higher only the best candidates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward, hourly retail position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Honolulu, HI) in February 2013.

Interview

TL;DR version = Long process, lots of other people applying, didn't get hired. :(

Detailed version (Recommend that you read): Hiring was as simple as going to the Apple Jobs website, signing in (with your Apple ID), uploading (or typing out) your resume and selecting the available jobs based on your region. It took almost a month to get a response, to which you're sent to their job seminar where you get to see a glimpse of what it's like to work at the Apple Store. Of course, this is the "cult" aspect. The interview portion was after all the bells and whistles, and they were basic, typical interview questions as well as scenarios. The typical group size was about 20 for a total of 60 people (3 interviews, 20 people a piece).

A couple days after the interview, I was asked to attend another interview with a smaller group. The interview took place last week; almost a month after receiving this phone call! This interview was more Q&A based and they asked questions about our experiences with Apple retail, and other work experiences. The interview only took about 40 minutes, and they told us that from here on, we're either going to hire you, ask for another interview, or place you in the "pipeline" for future a future hiring (basically a nice way of saying that you didn't get hired). Well, lets just say that i'm in that pipeline, which I found disappointing because I poured my heart into these interviews.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: You're dealing with an angry customer who was waiting for help for the past 20 minutes and is causing a commotion. She claims that she'll just walk over to Best Buy or the Microsoft Store to get the computer she wants. Resolve this issue.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Columbus, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

Talked to market lead, had been with the company for 2 years. Easy interview.

Negotiation

Asked for $18 an hour