Apple Genius Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Genius Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (South Bend, IN) in August 2011.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early to find most of the other applicants already there. I found the Apple employee taking names and giving out name tags and waited for the interview to start. We walked in to loud music, clapping, and cheering. It really is an event.

We spent time establishing ground rules and expectations, which you would do well to participate in. Then we watched a video about Apple, listened to the recruiters explain their positions, and broke up into groups. There wasn't a lot of opportunity to speak during the first part (which lasted at least an hour), so do your best to pay attention to the movie and come up with answers to their questions.

The group portion was different. We broke up into groups of 4-6 and introduced ourselves (What is your name, what superpower do you wish you had, and which position at Apple are you applying for?).

Then we rolled a cube that had questions printed on it and answered one. Finally, we role-played a customer/employee experience for about a minute with one of the recruiters. The one downside here is that they tell you nothing about it, so you are left guessing. (For example, they don't tell you what "product" they are holding in their hands, so you have to ask what would otherwise be obvious questions).

After the group session is over, we sat back at our tables and watched a second movie. Then we spent 10 minutes asking them questions. Once that was finished, we were dismissed. They told us they would contact us by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• What position do you want most at the Apple Store?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you exceeded your expectations and why.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Will get a call from a recruiter, if you don't fit the culture, you'll first go to a hiring seminar. Sometimes you're pushed to the first interview. You will have anywhere from 3-4 interviews (not including the hiring seminar).

Interview Questions

• They will ask questions, but you won't even begin to comprehend why. You will think they're topical, but they are simplistic. The only thing they want to know at the retail level is that you have a passion for apple, serious technical or sales experience and this glowing personality that will attract people. Apple hires the best combination of this people and also likes them to be creative and dynamic. To use the products.   Answer Question

Negotiation

only got a couple dollar increase after going back so many times. There are brackets for those who are brought on, you can only really negotiate an additional 2 dollars...

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

The entire face to face interview was focused on customer service and customer experience rather than technical knowledge.They did have me take a test for the tech stuff but they mainly wanted to see how I would react to different customer issues and scenarios. It was obvious that they would rather an empathetic tech guy than a know it all.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell a customer that their hard drive is fried and there is no way to recover any of the data?   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in November 2010.

Interview

5 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Gave me a number

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Went to the Seminar with about 30 others. We watched videos on Apple as a company, and discussed our uses of Apple products. Age ranged from college students to a man in his 50s. You pair up, interview your partner, and then present them to the group

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you exceeded the expectations of your employer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple (Richmond, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

applied online

received email to set up interview
    initial one-on-one interview in the mall space outside the store
    discussed my general background experience,
    answered questions about specific technical repair experience
    some details of the interviewers past experience with Apple were discussed
    cheerful, friendly mood

follow-up group interview in the same area a few days later with a table full of other candidates
    each introduced self
    some questions anyone could answer, some question all were expected to answer
    took about 1/2 hour
    pleasant, low pressure mood

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Metairie, LA) in July 2010.

Interview

rigorous, 3 phone interviews, 3 in person, focus more on value than experience, management super nice almost deceivingly so, more of a chat than an interview not much business discussed, easy training

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2010.

Interview

The Apple recruiter called me. We spoke for an hour. In that time, I was asked two different sets of questions, one for Macintosh computers, another for PCs. The Macintosh based questions were more focused towards operating system questions, along with a couple of questions about RSS feeds and how to prevent ESD (Electro Static Discharge...ie static shock). The PC questions were more "hard hitting" so to speak, and generally were not put well. All questions were multiple (guess) choice, assumed knowledge of random computer acronyms, and the recruiter had absolutely no idea what she was talking about. The questions were absolutely inappropriate for the job and quite frankly, I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to work for the company after going through the process. I love fixing computers, have two years experience working on both PCs & Macs in a corporate environment, and Apple wouldn't give me the light of day to put another tech on the other end of the line. When I asked the interviewer what she thought about the new Intel chipsets, I swear I heard crickets start chirping. Screw them. The interview could have been done in 1/4 the time, I could have communicated 5X more about myself, and I would have at least been given a second interview. All I wanted to do was fix Apple computers to get my Apple certification for free. That way I could start my own computer repair business as an Apple certified tech. Whatever. I realize I'm bitter, but not unjustifiably so...

BIG TIP: be on an Apple computer when talking on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Which of these is not an option in the security panel for Mac OSX?   1 Answer
    • What is the best option to prevent ESD?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Initially they wanted a phone interview, but when I called to arrange a time, they decided to skip forward and arrange 1:! interview. Typical questions. They seemed interested in my interpersonal skills and experience helping clients out one on one and highly suggested a part-time position, Family Room Specialist, wherein I would've helped out users with iPhones and iPods.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about an experience in the past where you had a difficult client and how did you deal with the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, received a call from a recruiter about 3 weeks later. Had a quick, 20 min phone interview, asking some general questions about my job history and interest in Apple, as well as 5-7 multiple choice technical questions. Was told I should come into the store next week for the next step.

Had a group interview (<5 applicants and <5 store managers), was a very relaxed, friendly environment. A couple of apple videos, some role playing, and Q&A. Thought it went well, was asked to fill out a background check that evening.

Did not get the position, but overall it was a very easy process. The stressful part was waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Which is faster, PCI-X or PCI-Express?   1 Answer