Apple Global Supply Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Global Supply Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me via LinkedIn. On-site interview after 2 phone interviews. Was cut short due to the last guy cancelled at the last minute. I did not appreciate how one of the directors attempted to make me beg for the job.

Interview Questions

• Am I actively looking for a job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Total timeline : 5 weeks from first point of contact to receiving offer. Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn. I was a passive candidate. Shared resume with recruiter and set up initial call to discuss resume, job role and interest. It was a very casual 30 min conversation. At the end of the interview she confirmed that she will share the resume with the different teams. Next week i received an email asking for a date and time for a call with the hiring manager. Again 30 min interview with hiring manager. Interview questions were typical supply chain related and situational questions. After one week received email for one site interview at Cupertino. On site interview was one on one 30 min interviews with 8 separate team members. Had a few breaks in between and lunch was with a peer which was non evaluative. All interviews have a different purpose and ask different types of questions ranging from resume to supply chain core to industry trends to football. Its a long and exhausting day.

Global Supply Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in June 2018.

Interview

1. Phone Screen with Recruiter - 30 min
    2. Phone Screen with a Potential Hiring Manager - 30 min

Very unprofessional. I had an awful experience talking to the hiring manager.
    First interview - > Hiring manager did not call-in. No communication regarding the missed call.
    Rescheduled interview - > Hiring manager called in late 10 min for the rescheduled interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Questions on the noun names I work with (Had no clue why he was asking those details since I come from a hardcore automotive company and had no idea whether he would be familiar with those noun names)
      2.Questions on whether or not I negotiate capital equipment

I come form a fortune 100 automotive company and the hiring manager's attitude was so poor. Not sure whether people working with Apple all have an attitude as I have had bad experience with apple int he past. Overall, it was a negative experience. I work with one of their competitors currently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

1. Phone Screen with Recruiter - 30 min
    2. Phone Screen with a Potential Hiring Manager (or HM's peer) - 30 min
    3. Onsite - 5 back to back 30 minute interviews. These were a little different from other places because 30 minutes seemed really short, especially when some of the interviewers were running 5-7min late from other meetings/interviews. And a lot of them would start diving into questions I had for them after just 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. How well do you know Should Cost Modeling?
      2. Background related questions - How well do you know your supplier's supply chain?   Answer Question

Global Supply Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple in April 2017.

Interview

Hiring Process was professional, HR screen followed by 2 phone screens. Phone screens were mainly focused on experience, and a few math problems based on process yield. Both managers were cordial and helpful and understanding, the HR was also very responsive and supportive.

Interview Questions

• If a widget is made of 2 screws and 3 nuts, each assembled in Steps 1 and 2 respectively, if the process yield for the entire operation is a third, how many screws and nuts would I need to make 1 widget?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through recruiter who was in touch with me since few years. She forwarded my resume to another recruiter who was working on GSM position. She scheduled 1 hour call to know about my skills and experience.
    She then forwarded my resume to multiple hiring manager and more than one hiring manager was interested in to move forward.
    This process took only about a week.

Call with Hiring manager :
    Recruiter scheduled 30 minutes FaceTime call for the interview.

1. Asked to introduce and go through resume.
    2. Explained what they're doing at Apple and responsibilities of the open position that he's hiring for.
    3. Technical questions to evaluate my engineering skills and experience.

I wasn't prepared enough for the interview and received some unexpected questions from the interviewer. My advise for people seeking job with Apple is that spend some serious time learning about apple products, hardware, and gather knowledge about manufacturing processes if you're applying for GSM. They expect you to know every minor details about apple products.

Overall it was good experience and will help me in facing future interviews.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why apple?
      2. What's your most favorite feature of your iPhone and why?
      3. What improvements would you make in the existing design (external appearance) if given an opportunity?
      4. Explain situation when you used your negotiation skills (STAR question) and achieved desired outcome.
      5. What's material used in iPad buttons (volume control and power) and why ? Describe manufacturing process for the buttons ?
      6. How will you ensure material availability during product development phase ?   Answer Question

Global Supply Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

the interview process took more than 2 month. After the first phone interview, i didn't hear anything back till one month later, second interview arranged. after the second phone interview, took another few weeks hear back from them. the process is long and no one ever update the information, recruiter don't reply email.

Interview Questions

• why apple?
      tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer

Global Supply Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was contacted by an Apple recruiter on LinkedIn and my resume was passed along to the various groups with in Apple. A few days later I was contacted and interviewed by a senior recruiter . General questions like” why do you want to join apple” etc followed by the hiring Manager interview . The hiring Manager interview was rescheduled two times Again only general questions. I was brought onsite for ½ day interview with about 7 different folks. Mostly “STAR” questions. The onsite was conducted well and professionally. I was over qualified for this position.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time when you... ". STAR type of questions. Strong on behavior and team work   Answer Question

Global Supply Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple in September 2013.

Interview

It was through a external recruiter. The recruiter reached out to me and set up a phone initial HR interview. After we spoke, he presented my resume and background to the hiring manager. They set up a 20 min phone interview. When I spoke to the hiring manager, she was not only late but also unprofessional. She was about 5 mins late to the call. While she asked interview questions, her background was very noisy. She was distracted and wanted to finish the call ASAP. She was rude throughout the call.

Global Supply Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Apple in May 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by an Apple recruiter through LinkedIn and had first telephonic interview where I was asked technical questions about my work experience. It was thoroughly professional and started on time. I cleared this round and was asked for second telephonic round. I kept waiting for the call, and interviewer who was an Indian guy called me 20 minutes late. He had no questions to ask. So he started by asking me about how was my round 1 and made me repeat those answers. In 5 minutes he asked me if I had any questions and interview was over in 12 minutes. Perhaps he was not interested or he had some other plans for the day. After sending 3 emails, I finally received reply from the HR that they are not going ahead with me.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult. The process was very annoying though because of one interviewer it became frustrating. But that was my experience and I feel I got wrong person on other side of the phone.   1 Answer