Apple Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then got call for onsite. Onsite interview was grueling. Back to back 8 interviews, 45 minutes each. Surprisingly, no behavioral questions. Overall, I was not happy with the process and how HR treats candidates. Didn't accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to the job descriptions but you need to go into details to explain everything on white board.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed for a co-op position. Very technical process throughout with a great deal of emphasis on candidate's abilities and interests. All interviewers were very proficient in going through the entire process.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

the recruiter arranged two phone interviews after two weeks from applying one position online. 1st phone interview went ok with hiring manager, 2nd one with another technical people as well. they all asked technical question straightforward. However no feedback either from recruiter or interviewers, wrote an email to the recruiter, no any response at all

Interview Questions

• Give an example in your previous projects to demonstrate your professional expertise   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

An Apple employee referred for the position. A recruiter contacted me after that employee referral. After that, there were two interviews of forty five minutes each over phone. After that, they invited for full interview including lunch time interview. Interview questions included both technical and behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Lots of general questions of systems engineering. Questions spanned from analog electronics, optical engineering, sensing technology, image sensors, characterization. People who interviewed me seemed very prepared in their field, but were from a variety of specialties. Overall they were fair and nice, but I had the impression that they were looking for somebody who is expert/specialist on everything.

Interview Questions

• How would you remove cross-talk between channels in a CMOS image sensor?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First a phone screen with HR, then a technical interview with the leader of a hardware group. It was a phone interview and he jumped right into technical questions without much chit chat.

Interview Questions

• They gave an example of a failed part and asked: When selecting a material what would you take into consideration more, tensile strength or yield strength?   3 Answers

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in April 2016.

Interview

I applied by contacting a recruiter. They asked me to mail my resume and within a week I got a call from a recruiter to discuss the job opportunity. I was given a phone interview with a member from the technical team the next week. Received a phone interview which lasted 45 minutes. All basic concepts were asked.

Interview Questions

• FIFO buffer, verification method for a parallel bus, System verilog interfaces, blocking, non-blocking assignments   Answer Question

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in March 2016.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter showing interest. 4 rounds of phone interviews with engineers. Got called on site. Interviews from 10 to 5 PM. Mostly technical questions regarding my experience. Some brain teasers/design problems. I was even asked questions as I was eating my lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a coworker/teammate who wasn't pulling his/her weight.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you struggled to learn something. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Met on university campus for an on-campus interview. Asked various technical questions about previous projects. You would draw a block diagram of your project, and they would test your technical knowledge of various blocks if they found it interesting. Also asked plenty of technical questions relating to their products. Felt a little rushed since they were on a time schedule.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A full day meeting with members of the team, managers, and some cross group members, every 30 minutes a new person arrived. It was very well organized and each person listened well and asked questions about what was on my resume. Know what is on your resume! I did not have a problem with that but this is the simplest of rules.

Whiteboards surrounded the room, so often it was asked to sketch out what you were thinking. This gives the interviewer an idea of how you think and how you can community technical ideas.

Interview Questions

• Describe the components of a boost circuit that you worked on, what does the components do?   Answer Question
    • How would you change your tracks to maintain impedance if your core spacing needed to double   Answer Question