Apple Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.5

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus , received an email for phone interview setup. The phone interview was simple and the questions were basically focused on my resume, was selected for on site which was tough with 5 rounds with different engineers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Approximately 30min phone interviews. First asked general information about resume: work experience, past projects, knowledge/background. Second was somewhat more technical, with specific questions about previous work and application of skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed for one of the iPhone hardware teams. Was an intern at the time, so there was no phone interview, went straight to onsite interview. Several interviews included being shown a board of electronics and identifying different components on these boards and what their functions are.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple in August 2013.

Interview

A few tele-conversation before flying into China for second and third round interviews. 2x Design test, 6-8 formality interviews. The design test was into details explanation. always ask questions to clarify if there is any doubt, this shows that you are a careful person.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel a lot for business trip?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to relocate to different country for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Was a 45 min Phone screen interview, referred by a current employee who's in the same group. Interview was scheduled almost right after they received my resume. There were 3 interviewers, and they asked lots of questions related to my resume and previous experiences, but not limited to. Around a week later, I received a reject email from the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Lots of general questions of systems engineering. Questions spanned from analog electronics, optical engineering, sensing technology, image sensors, characterization. People who interviewed me seemed very prepared in their field, but were from a variety of specialties. Overall they were fair and nice, but I had the impression that they were looking for somebody who is expert/specialist on everything.

Interview Questions

• How would you remove cross-talk between channels in a CMOS image sensor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then got call for onsite. Onsite interview was grueling. Back to back 8 interviews, 45 minutes each. Surprisingly, no behavioral questions. Overall, I was not happy with the process and how HR treats candidates. Didn't accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to the job descriptions but you need to go into details to explain everything on white board.   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Multiple rounds with some days in between as people were being screened for the next round. 1.) Phone and 2.) Skype. Only technical questions, somewhat difficult for the typical undergrad level student. Asked in quick succession during the phone interview. Phone interview seemed focused on test equipment and methodologies, and other random stuff. Skype interview was more focused on circuit design.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to characterize the power efficiency of a power supply?   2 Answers
    • what is this circuit, and what are the voltage waveforms?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in September 2015.

Interview

The recruiter first does a phone screen. If that goes well, you have phone screens with the hiring manager and members of their team.

The recruiter phone screen is pretty simple. The technical screens involved drilling me about electronics principles and testing my ability to read schematics.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain what a capacitor does?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed for a co-op position. Very technical process throughout with a great deal of emphasis on candidate's abilities and interests. All interviewers were very proficient in going through the entire process.