Apple Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.5

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in December 2015.

Interview

One day night got an email from a recruiter of apple saying a manager from a hardware group would like to set up a phone interview with me. The time between I got that email and the phone interview was less than a week. During the interview, the manager basically asked the project I have done.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Initial screening by an engineer, then went on-site in Apple's headquarter for 5~6 rounds of 1 to 1 interviews. The interview was well organized. All the interviewers were quite nice, and you can tell they are smart and know the techs quite well. Of course, the questions can be quite tough, and mostly technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

On Campus interview, basically it is a total review about the computer architecture ranging from superscalar structure to multi-core processors. In the morning is the first screen, then they offer you an interview in the afternoon. The total interview length is 30 mins. It is a 1 on 1 interview. It is not very questions-oriented. We broadly talked about the cache hierarchy, virtual address, register renaming, branch prediction, load/store bypassing/forwarding, memory coherence in multi-core processors, the basic structure of multi-core processor and a lot of details in processor designs. The interview in general is pretty relaxed. You could draw a lot of figures to help the interviewer to understand your point.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do we need brach prediction?
      Q: Detailed description about the cache address structures
      Q: Out-of-Order superscalar processor structure
      Answer Question

Hardware Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to my university and I followed up at a career fair. I then had one in person interview with an engineer going over the general kind of work required by the position and testing my ability to think quickly and effectively about testing problems in hardware systems. This was followed by a phone interview with the manager of the position asking more specific technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me 5 ways of measuring how much gasoline is in a car.   1 Answer

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in September 2015.

Interview

The recruiter first does a phone screen. If that goes well, you have phone screens with the hiring manager and members of their team.

The recruiter phone screen is pretty simple. The technical screens involved drilling me about electronics principles and testing my ability to read schematics.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple in September 2015.

Interview

He only ask me basic questions and discuss my resume. He ask me about ASIC design and verification. The programming languages and computer architecture. He talked to me about my projects and my work experience. It was only a screening round at the university.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Employee referral, two phone interviews and two rounds of onsite interviews. It took about a month to get into offer stage, but finally didn't work out even finished background check (3 weeks), don't know what's wrong, they don't want to tell the reasons.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First phone screening with HR, and then on-site 1:1 meeting with hiring manager was set up. It took about an hour, asking about the technical background regarding the resume. Then, the hiring manager gave a technical question. be prepared to write and explain stuffs on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• questions regarding on the resume.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

The entire process took very very long. Other than a short phone call with the recruiter, I was on site for 4 times -- 1 45 min session with the hiring manager, another 45 min technical session, and then a 1 day long interview. I was called on site again later for one 45 min session for someone who cannot make it for the 1 day long interview. Overall the experience was good. People are friendly and willing to share about their experience and the role I am applying to (despite the fact that they have to keep lots of things secrecy...)

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The process was very smoothly organized and everyone was polite. They had a call first for ~15 minutes, and then invited me for an onsite interview. There was some miscommunication about scheduling, so at one point I had to wait in the interview room for 45 minutes before the next interviewer showed up. I still haven’t heard back from them one way or the other after about a month.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my master's thesis, which was several years old   Answer Question