Apple Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.5

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The entire process took very very long. Other than a short phone call with the recruiter, I was on site for 4 times -- 1 45 min session with the hiring manager, another 45 min technical session, and then a 1 day long interview. I was called on site again later for one 45 min session for someone who cannot make it for the 1 day long interview. Overall the experience was good. People are friendly and willing to share about their experience and the role I am applying to (despite the fact that they have to keep lots of things secrecy...)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The process was very smoothly organized and everyone was polite. They had a call first for ~15 minutes, and then invited me for an onsite interview. There was some miscommunication about scheduling, so at one point I had to wait in the interview room for 45 minutes before the next interviewer showed up. I still haven’t heard back from them one way or the other after about a month.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my master's thesis, which was several years old   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Talked to recruiter on job fair, and was invited to have an interview the next day. Sent me an email to create a personal profile, upload resume, cover letter, etc. Interview with the same recruiter, went straight to technical questions. No behavior questions or go through your resume. Lasted half an hour, never heard back ever since.

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Talked to hardware engineer at an on-campus career fair, was asked to do in-person interview on-campus the following day. We mostly talked about my project team work; I think I was pretty confusing and kept jumping between different ideas.

After that I sent a thank you note. A week later I got a cryptic email from Apply saying they were circulating my resume among departments. Was never officially rejected.

Interview Questions

• How to remove one transistor from a CMOS inverter in the context of a PCB.   1 Answer
    • Derive the transfer function/ draw the time-domain impulse response of an RC low pass filter.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was first contaced by HR to schedule a phone technical interview. All Technical questions were pretty straight forward based on the job description. Did a bit of brush up on a few things

Interview Questions

• Derive the K map for a JK flip flop   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was enjoyable. The interviewers were patient and explained problems in a very well manner. The questions were basically undergraduate level. They expect to know how you approach the problem rather than giving a straight answer.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. Got contacted by HR first and arranged a phone interview by engineer manager. I had hard time understand the interviewer's India-English (sorry, no offense). He didn't ask resume experiences. He asked technical questions, no behavior questions. You need to study more fundamental technical knowledge for the interview.

Interview Questions

• I got out of school for quite a while, have to review school texts for the technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied to a job posting on their website and was contacted about a week later by a recruiter. Then there was one phone interview, about 30 minutes, with some general questions about my current job and work experience - nothing too technical. The actual on-site interview was a lot more difficult, some basic digital logic design problems, and principles like setup/hold time, metastability, etc. I met with 6 different interviewers plus one more at lunch. Thought it went relatively well, except for a few more analog circuit related questions I had no clue about. Then heard back that there was no offer about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a multi bit synchronizer / async fifo handles the variable delay of each bit   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Approximately 30min phone interviews. First asked general information about resume: work experience, past projects, knowledge/background. Second was somewhat more technical, with specific questions about previous work and application of skills.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly and efficiently. It involved a phone screening by the recruiter, two rounds of technical phone interview, and one round of onsite interview. The interview day was well arranged, although it took almost an entire day just like other companies I interviewed. The trip arrangement system is nice, which allows you to pick your flight schedule, your choice of hotel and rental car. Engineers are in general friendly and open-minded. Overall a great experience.