Apple Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was first contaced by HR to schedule a phone technical interview. All Technical questions were pretty straight forward based on the job description. Did a bit of brush up on a few things

Interview Questions

• Derive the K map for a JK flip flop   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was enjoyable. The interviewers were patient and explained problems in a very well manner. The questions were basically undergraduate level. They expect to know how you approach the problem rather than giving a straight answer.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. Got contacted by HR first and arranged a phone interview by engineer manager. I had hard time understand the interviewer's India-English (sorry, no offense). He didn't ask resume experiences. He asked technical questions, no behavior questions. You need to study more fundamental technical knowledge for the interview.

Interview Questions

• I got out of school for quite a while, have to review school texts for the technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied to a job posting on their website and was contacted about a week later by a recruiter. Then there was one phone interview, about 30 minutes, with some general questions about my current job and work experience - nothing too technical. The actual on-site interview was a lot more difficult, some basic digital logic design problems, and principles like setup/hold time, metastability, etc. I met with 6 different interviewers plus one more at lunch. Thought it went relatively well, except for a few more analog circuit related questions I had no clue about. Then heard back that there was no offer about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a multi bit synchronizer / async fifo handles the variable delay of each bit   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly and efficiently. It involved a phone screening by the recruiter, two rounds of technical phone interview, and one round of onsite interview. The interview day was well arranged, although it took almost an entire day just like other companies I interviewed. The trip arrangement system is nice, which allows you to pick your flight schedule, your choice of hotel and rental car. Engineers are in general friendly and open-minded. Overall a great experience.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

I got an email from LinkedIn asking for my resume. One week late, I got the on phone interview appointment. Only one day to prepare. I was asked some questions about sizing, power. Those questions are very basic, you can find answer in any VLSI book. I wasn't asked anything on my resume.

Interview Questions

• what's the relationship between voltage and speed.   3 Answers

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

There were 2 initial phone screens. The first one is purely technical and is moderately difficult. The second one is technical and behavioral. But that is a tough technical interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was for a duration of about half an hour. The interviewer called on time. As it was for a hardware position , I was mainly asked questions on Digital circuit design.

Interview Questions

• What is a difference in the architecture of a normal and a pipeline processor?   Answer Question
    • How will you implement an and gate using a 2x1 mux?   1 Answer
    • What are the three stages of operation of a transistor   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

I plan to find some hardware engineer job using hardware description language. I met a member from Apple ipad accessory team at school job fair. They don`t seems to be interested in my verilog skill, but wanna to find someone who knows how to design PCL or something more hardware. So, I don`t even get a chance for further interview.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week or two by a recruiter. The recruiters were very helpful and kind, but I didn't get the same feeling from the team I interviewed with. I had an initial skype interview with my would-be manager, who asked a long series of questions spanning analog design, low-level programming, and DSP (I'm a EE). After the initial interview, I was given a programming assignment to complete on my own and had a follow-up interview with the group manager. Both engineers I spoke to were very short and gave me the feeling that they didn't have time to talk to me. After multiple interviews, I was given a very gentle "no" by the recruiter.