Apple Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.7

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

- 1 hour long video interview through Skype or Facetime. Very straight forward, lots of behavioral and technical questions. Need to do a little research about the company before the interview. Have to be prepared for technical questions. Few customer service related questions and personal experience in that field of work.

Interview Questions

• If your battery drains too fast, what are you going to do to fix it?   2 Answers

Apple Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

Applied online, then got an email to schedule an interview. Went to 1st interview, manager was really cool, did interview with an ipad, click on questions talked to group about it, about three rounds of this. Was told apple doesn't leave you in the wind without letting you know and update. said he will call in 3 days, but it was a week later until I got scheduled for a second interview. Second interview same as first this time just with one other person from first interview. Was told I will get a call in about a week, its going on 4 weeks and Im in the wind waiting.

Interview Questions

• A comment someone has made to you that caught you off guard or wasnt expecting and how did you react.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at an expo event for a conference and was asked for an interview during the conference the next day. The first interview was behavioral and went very well. She scheduled me for a second technical interview later that day. I had very little time to prepare and would say this was my main downfall. The second interview was relatively easy, it was just whiteboard questions mostly on string parsing and other basic coding exercises. Towards the end of the interview it was clearly obvious that this interviewer was not so interested in me. Regardless, she told me they would be in touch. About a week later I got an email notifying me that I had been rejected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at apple?   Answer Question
    • How would you implement a deck of cards? How would you shuffle it?   1 Answer

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview was a group interview of 7 people at the Memorial City Mall. It went well, then got a phone call back within two days for an interview with managers in the highest store. I thought that went well, but didn't get another interview again. They went forward with other people.

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied as a college advisor.

After my application near the middle of the spring semester, I received an phone call a few months later informing me of an upcoming video interview, along with an email a few days later. I went through the interview, thought I bombed it, and decided to move on.

One month later, out of the blue, I was informed via email that I passed their screening, and was given an offer (wage listed, non-negotiable). Since experience at a company such as Apple is highly prestigious, I accepted the job offer.

My personal opinion of the interview process is that they try to see what type of person you are - it is easier to train a likable person to be good at tech support than to train a technologically skilled person how to care. They expect basic competency, but being able to relate and be considerate is so much more important.

Interview Questions

• Customer scenarios roleplay   1 Answer
    • Competency test, like "what is RAM" or "describe ethernet."   1 Answer
    • What is the most advanced troubleshooting you have ever had to do?   1 Answer
    • Hypothetical situation designed to gauge what type of person you are   1 Answer

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The first interview is a group interview where the groupp is addressed as a whole by about 7 or 8 Apple reps. They show a few cult-inducing videos about how Apple is blah blah... Then they break the crowd into groups of 5 people to do social experiments- I mena have us take turns introducing ourselves to each other. Oh,I forgot- they had us introduce ourselves one by one to the whole group as well

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite iOS app   1 Answer

Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I went through five separate interviews before I finally was brought on to receive employment from Apple. The only solo interview I had was my very last interview. In my first 4 interviews, I was accompanied by 2 to 3 other applicants who were being interviewed by my current manager, store leader and staff administrator.

Apple AHA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, interview and seminars a few weeks later, then nothing for a few months. Everything was done online, a FaceTime interview, and online web informational to teach about the job and the expectations. Finally after three months they contacted me saying I was hired. It is a part time job, with about a month of paid training.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on taking on working from home?   1 Answer

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX).

Interview

There was an event to give you an overview of the different positions and lighting rounds with managers. After managers would reach out to schedule an interview. If they think you're a good fit they'll call you to talk about salary and have you sign paper work.

If the store you want to work at doesn't have the opening you are looking for, apply anyway and transfer later.

Interview Questions

• How did you respond when working with a group of people and there wasn't any leadership?
      Why would you want to work here?
      Tell me about a situation where you had friction with a teammate and how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview along with 3 others (we were all referred by an Apple employee). Somehow I ended up the last person to go for everyone question and found myself reiterating the same things that the other candidates were saying. "I would love to work for Apple, coming into the store is such an experience, etc."