Apple Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First was a prescreen phone interview with the recruiter. Then I had a number of FaceTime interviews with the people in my department. Overall it was very effective and pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Apple? How would you contribute?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Intern Interview

Interview

face time interview, through the school, school interview room with macbook air infront of me.. 30 minute interview , generally friendly but no offer
    and at the same day, i did one with other position, computer didn't work
    so I talked to her on the phone for 30 minutes similar but no offer again.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was really easy. Unexpected for a top company. It was just one behavioral screening interview with recruiters, then interviews with whatever teams were interested. They each just asked me about my projects and experience.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apple contacted me to set up an interview a few weeks after talking to an engineer and giving him my resume. In total, I had two 1-hour interviews with member of the team that I will be working with during the internship. These interviews were entirely technical, and in each one I wrote a specific program with them over coderpad in C++.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any specific questions, it was mainly trying to see if I could adapt to a foreign piece of skeleton code and finish it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at an expo event for a conference and was asked for an interview during the conference the next day. The first interview was behavioral and went very well. She scheduled me for a second technical interview later that day. I had very little time to prepare and would say this was my main downfall. The second interview was relatively easy, it was just whiteboard questions mostly on string parsing and other basic coding exercises. Towards the end of the interview it was clearly obvious that this interviewer was not so interested in me. Regardless, she told me they would be in touch. About a week later I got an email notifying me that I had been rejected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at apple?   Answer Question
    • How would you implement a deck of cards? How would you shuffle it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in September 2016.

Interview

some questions to check my background, talk about what's my favourite job position, ask about some of my coursework. I'm not sure about some questions, but the interviewer explained the answer to me patiently.

Interview Questions

• 1. cache 2. why cache is fast? 3. assembly system 4. branch 5. according to my coursework, I was asked about SQL. How to entry the table and select from the table?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I have heard that there are 3-4 rounds. After meeting the apple recruiters, First interview was on campus. Met recruiters at the career fair. Was invited for the first interview the next day. One hour slot. One-to-one face interview. It is in a casual setting with not too much pressure from them. Focus on basics from undergrad to gauge depth of knowledge. I interviewed for design and verification team.

Interview Questions

• difference between call by value, call by reference
      mesi moesi protocol difference
      cache coherence
      why nand a better universal gate than nand
      what is regression test
      adder from mux
      8 to 1 mux from 2to1 mux
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Had 4 technical interviews with members of the team, as well as a design challenge. Everyone was super friendly, thoroughly enjoyed the conversations. They asked a mix of technical questions, as well as asked about projects I've worked on and prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you rank these five materials for thermal conductivity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Length phone interview not much going but it was a close one for sure. The male, I knew I had no chances, but when I do I will become one.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

This is a phone interview conducted by one of apple's team of infrastructure. The interviewer asked lots of questions in real system operation and there is no coding test. This is one of the difficult interviews because most questions I don't know the expected answer. So I just answered with what I'm thinking. The interviewer give very few feedbacks so I don't even know if I'm correct or not.