Apple Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process took a very very long time for the position, which was the 2 year internship which would basically make you an assistant manager of the store. From what I gathered was that they were basically looking to fill in-store specialist spots and generally after working in the same store for 2 years if you are motivated you can become a general manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you go above and beyond to make the guests in the store feel welcomed?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in November 2009.

Interview

Extremely technical interview, with questions on transistor design and application. Also asked in-depth questions on digital logic design and VLSI. I personally think asking extremely technical questions on the phone is ridiculous, especially if you don't have the question and figures in front of you. If you are an Electrical or Computer Engineering student seeking an internship, make sure you understand ALL of your core-level classes like Electromagnetism, Digital Logics, Electronics, and basic Programming.

Interview Questions

• What courses pertaining to transistor design have you taken?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Length phone interview not much going but it was a close one for sure. The male, I knew I had no chances, but when I do I will become one.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apple contacted me to set up an interview a few weeks after talking to an engineer and giving him my resume. In total, I had two 1-hour interviews with member of the team that I will be working with during the internship. These interviews were entirely technical, and in each one I wrote a specific program with them over coderpad in C++.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any specific questions, it was mainly trying to see if I could adapt to a foreign piece of skeleton code and finish it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Had 4 technical interviews with members of the team, as well as a design challenge. Everyone was super friendly, thoroughly enjoyed the conversations. They asked a mix of technical questions, as well as asked about projects I've worked on and prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you rank these five materials for thermal conductivity?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

This is a phone interview conducted by one of apple's team of infrastructure. The interviewer asked lots of questions in real system operation and there is no coding test. This is one of the difficult interviews because most questions I don't know the expected answer. So I just answered with what I'm thinking. The interviewer give very few feedbacks so I don't even know if I'm correct or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I met an Apple engineer at a career fair and interacted with her. I had a very productive conversation, and in a couple of days, I created my profile on Apple's online career app directory.

I got selected for an interview after a month / two.

Interview Questions

• Couple of design based questions and a brain teaser that threw me off my chair. I messed that one up.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Interview

I had 2 technical phone interviews. There was about a week between them, and I heard back within 3 days that I got a 2nd interview. They stuck to the time allotted for the interview, although the first one went over a little. They are very nice, and even if you don't get the job, it is an interesting set of questions to answer, and you get a glimpse into what working at Apple would be like, so I enjoyed the interviews even before I got the offer. Once they decided I got the job, I got an unofficial email, and then a week later I got the actual offer followed by a physical letter in the mail the next day. Getting the physical letter is really exciting, and it is very well designed like any Apple product.

Interview Questions

• What is the material of the back of the iPhone. How do you know?   1 Answer

Interns Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

all telephonic interviews.
    Basis Linked List, Trees, Hashing, Arrays.
    1) Reverse Linked list
    2) Design your own hash function
    3) Arrays Vs Hash
    4) Generics in Java
    5) Write code to print all factors of a given number

Do crack the coding interview, you can clear these interviews.
    Show how much you are passionate about Apple products.

Interview Questions

• noting special.. just passion about apple products
      1) How multi touch works ?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I had applied with an interest in OS development. They gave me an interview for the App Engineering division because I had experience with iOS. The interviewer was brusque and asked me a lot of questions about libraries I had never used.

Interview Questions

• None in particular, just a lot of nitty gritty details about designing apps.   Answer Question