Apple Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Length phone interview not much going but it was a close one for sure. The male, I knew I had no chances, but when I do I will become one.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

This is a phone interview conducted by one of apple's team of infrastructure. The interviewer asked lots of questions in real system operation and there is no coding test. This is one of the difficult interviews because most questions I don't know the expected answer. So I just answered with what I'm thinking. The interviewer give very few feedbacks so I don't even know if I'm correct or not.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a hackathon. About a month after, I was contacted by the recruiter and one cool team wanted to interview me for a position in their team. I had two phone interviews both with the manager of the team. He was extremely nice and very patient. After the second interview, I got an offer about a week after. The interview process was very smooth and overall a great experience. Everyone is very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Questions you would normally expect. It wasn't very hard but they look for how smartly you can answer simple stuff.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online last year but no call. This year, applied online few months ago. HR contacted me for a position not listed on website. Scheduled 3 phone interviews. 2 managers and one senior member. Got the offer 5 mins after my 3rd interview. Awesome process of interviewing!

Interview Questions

• All questions were about my past work and research. No coding questions at all. Every interviewer was very knowledgeable, so no room to cook up stories. Also, very very important to prepare for behavioral questions - why Apple? why this position? how do you plan to contribute to Apple? etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer, so got to negotiate a bit. Offer was very good originally.

Intern Interview

Interview

I did on campus recruiting and didn't make it to the 2nd round of interviews. It was really casual and more about fit than anything else. The interviewer was very friendly and helpful in answering some of my questions. It is a very competitive position though so it's hard to get a second round.

Interview Questions

• If you were going to create a new Apple store, what are some factors you would use to decide where to open it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (West Lafayette, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

applied online, and get HR response lately.
    Set up phone call with Managers.
    Apple has weird technical questions, managers can ask whatever they want.
    Not necessarily data structure & algorithm question.
    Manager asks team specific domain of knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Fairly relaxed phone interview, mainly focusing on skills, interests, and what the internship would entail. For internships at Apple you are interviewed for positions on specific teams, unlike most companies where you interview for a general internship, and are later assigned. For this interview it was the manager of a specific team at Apple.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied for the job on my school's job board. There were three interviews around 45 minutes each, the first of which being a phone screen and the next two focused largely on my past work and experiences. Some technical questions, but these were more focused on the applications of technologies, languages, ect. and not the foundations of them. After receiving the offer I took it immediately.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through the university website. I was contacted by the recruiter for a phone screening. After two phone interviews with different members of the team I was going to join, I was made an offer, and I accepted immediately.

Interview Questions

• Ran through my resume, and asked me about the technical aspects of all my project experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

This process was actually super crazy, because I was interviewing with a bunch of teams at once and Apple has some interesting policies about that. I first connected with a recruiter at my school's career fair, who really liked me and forwarded my resume to a bunch of teams. One particularly cool team reached out to me shortly after and set up a technical phone interview. None of the questions were too difficult but they did make me think pretty hard, pretty standard coding interview "solve this puzzle" type questions. Within two days after, I heard back that my phone interview went great and that I had moved on to another interview.
    I was surprised to find out that this interview was not technical, and was actually a final interview with the engineering manager of the team! She asked me about my projects and what ideas I had for the product that their team works on. I decided to follow up and email my recruiter a thank you for the interviews. He responded back immediately that the team was interested in next steps, but due to Apple policy, couldn't move forward until I was finished interviewing with the other teams. After I'd had a few interviews with other teams, I decided this team was my first choice and I didn't want to wait in case anything changed, so I emailed my recruiter to let him know. He responded the next day with an offer!

My other Apple interviews with different teams were all very different. It goes to show how much the particular team you're interviewing with influences the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Lots of brain teaser algorithm questions. Had to use hash tables and binary trees. Some object oriented programming.   Answer Question