Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

2,865 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Terrible experience. One of the most unprofessional companies I’ve ever dealt with. After 5 interviews with 2 different apple stores, they lead me on to think I would be starting when a position opened up within 30 days. Manager assured me that they have already started the process. Got an email the other day saying they found another candidate and thanks again for applying at Apple! I am livid. Lost about 2-3 months of time I could have been interviewing elsewhere. Ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you helped out a friend who was in a bad place   Answer Question

WW Readiness Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

3 Phone screenings, 1 with the recruiter, hiring manager and a coworker. I’ve been then invited for an on-site Interview in Cupertino for 6 back to back Interviews. Interview process with quick. Each screening interview had almost a week interval.

Interview Questions

• Reflect on an experience where you had cross-functional team management experience, supply chain experience. What’s your recent area for improvement feedback received.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter. After a while I signed an NDA and got my first interview screen.

This interview was super nice. I really enjoyed talking to the interviewer. He asked me about things I listed on my resume and we talked about implementation details.

They flew me over to Cupertino a few weeks later.

The interview was on site.
    I talked first with the recruiter who insisted in how much I was expecting for a salary. I tried to avoid it but the conversation would not progress without numbers. This was very annoying.

The technical interview started. I picked the wrong approach and the interviewer dug me into a hole as he gave me no chance to stop and start with a different approach.

The next interviews were more to talk about what I do, similar to the first screen interview.

It was lunch time and I was handed food and the next interview started. It was a white board code problem, and as I was solving and explaining the interviewer was eating his pear and looking at his plate. I finished the test and I felt he was expecting a certain answer because he didn't talk about my solution, just what he expected as solution.

I was not able to finish my lunch before the next interview started.

The next was another white board code interview. This was nice and the guy was great. Super high spirits and talkative. I really enjoyed this interview. The problem was not complex, was just to check my knowledge on C++.

4 hours later and no breaks, I had my last interview. It was another white board code interview. I did go half way on the solution. This last question was rather simple, but I was too tired to think clearly.

Engineer Interview

Interview

It was pretty standard. The recruiters seemed pretty professional. They stopped by on campus for job fairs every year, and interested candidates got opportunities to talk with them a little bit. They answered our questions pretty satisfactorily.

CPU Verification Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Mainly about comp architecture concepts like Cache, Virtual memory, 5 stage pipelined processor, out of order processor, super scalar processor and mainly about the academic projects. Overall experience was good.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

HR contact me through LinkedIn. I had three phone screening and failed at the third one. HR generally notifies me of the next phone screening after two to three days

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was pretty smooth. It was focused on basics of Computer Architecture for the position of a Hardware Engineer. You need to know the details very well in order to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Caches, cache coherency protocols and branch prediction   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Apple Store interview process, I've read, can take up to 5+ interviews. Begins with an hour-long, group activity of 8 candidates and 2 staff, which I describe below. We were told to come prepared with a copy of our resume. No bonus points for coming prepared with our own pen or paper for the group activity. At the end we were told to leave our resumes at our seats, along with our questionnaires, presumable so they could associate our faces/seating/questions with our resumes.

Response (and rejection) is swift. They say 24-48 hour notification of advancement in the process or rejection by phone or email. I got my rejection email to my phone within the hour.

Interview Questions

• Group discussion: What working at Apple means to you.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

they try and see if you are a good fit for the company, only behavioral questions. Just know about apple and know about the people they try and recruit. people who fit well within the culture of the company

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in October 2017.

Interview

First round: One-on-one interview with a store team leader. It was clear he had read my resume and cover letter carefully, and he asked questions that were not about specific technological skills or experience, but about my experiences interacting with people in challenging circumstances.
    Second round: A two-on-one interview, this time with a store leader and a regional manager, somewhat more focused on the specific job, but still in terms of the expectations for customer interactions, NOT specific technical knowledge or abilities. At the end of the second interview I was told that it was the final step in the process, and that I would hear from someone in two days. (I've indicated that I did not get an offer, since, as of this writing, those two days have not yet passed.)
    In both cases the invitation to ask my own questions presented an opportunity to show both that I had done some investigative homework, and that I was considering carefully what work in the Apple Store might be like. That's a valuable opportunity. Don't go in without a couple of good questions prepared. It also seems to be helpful to answer questions with real stories that include specifics, rather than generic descriptions of how you try to handle generic situations.

Interview Questions

• "How have you dealt with a customer who was unhappy?"   Answer Question
    • "When have you gone well beyond a customer's expectations?"   Answer Question
    • "How do you learn about technology?"   Answer Question
    • "Describe an occasion when you shared feedback about work with either a superior or a colleague."   Answer Question
    • "What questions do you have for us?"   Answer Question