Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018
6,051 Interview Reviews

6,051 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had a phone interview and talked a lot about my portfolio projects. They were more interested in specific engineering challenges that I faced when building my projects. Asked some technical questions about manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Show me the back of an iPhone and asked me how it might have been manufactured.   5 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   25 Answers

Interview

- 3 phone calls
    - First is the biggest one
    - if you are recommended it'll be easier

I first applied in early 2016 and did not start working until early August, the process was very long but worth waiting for. this was my dream company so working here was everything I wanted.

Interview Questions

• How would you help someone with a wifi issue?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. First with a Store manager with 4 other people. Second interview 2 on 1 with store leader and store manager for my final interview I met with a marketing manager

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I went through my first stage of the 3 part interview last Wednesday, It was a phone interview with the retail hiring manager who was so nice. She mostly just wanted to ask me questions about myself and "get to know" me a little before moving on. She explained how after this interview I will be asked to come back for a group interview with 3-4 others where the questions become a little more job-based. If I make it through that we will move into a 1v1 interview where we will talk about job requirements for me and learning where I would work best

Apple AHA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Webcam interview with hiring manager. Once you apply, you may not receive any sort of confirmation for months. Then one day you'll get an email and/or call. From that point on they will want to schedule some sort of webcam interview. From there, they will confirm whether or not you got the position withing a couple weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Apple?
      What makes you the right candidate?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Initially I received a phone call about the opportunity and my interest, then scheduled for an official interview for a later date via facetime or phone if I needed.

Interview Questions

• How would you define empathy?   Answer Question
    • They asked role play scenarios including troubleshooting questions. Ex. How would you resolve an issue if your mother called you about the monitor not working?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Lehi, UT).

Interview

Very professional in setting up interviews. Interviewers were very friendly and asked simple personal questions. I had 3 interviews that all seemed positive. The only part that i think contributed to the no offer is that they didn’t seem that interested in project management interns despite listing it as a position in the internship. If they had told me before i would have been willing to be a software engineer i just kept saying i wanted to do project management because they said it was an option. I’d recommend to all other candidates they don’t stress an interest in project management.

Interview Questions

• You have a list of lyrics write a function to count the frequency of each word in the function. Adjust the function to get the top 5 most frequent words   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Long and very hard. You want to prepare and be sure be the right fit for the job. 3 interviews with a panel of managers every time. Plus its best if you were a tech specialist before hand.

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was first contacted for a brief phone interview and then told that the next step would be a group interview at the store itself before it opened. There were about 30 people attending the group interview and it made it impossible to make an impression without feeling as if you were steam-rolling someone else's chance to speak. Most of the group interview is the employees talking about why they like their job, their upward-mobility, and some cheesy videos about the company and their values.