Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017
5,327 Interview Reviews

5,327 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had a phone interview and talked a lot about my portfolio projects. They were more interested in specific engineering challenges that I faced when building my projects. Asked some technical questions about manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Show me the back of an iPhone and asked me how it might have been manufactured.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   23 Answers

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Interview

- 3 phone calls
    - First is the biggest one
    - if you are recommended it'll be easier

I first applied in early 2016 and did not start working until early August, the process was very long but worth waiting for. this was my dream company so working here was everything I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. First with a Store manager with 4 other people. Second interview 2 on 1 with store leader and store manager for my final interview I met with a marketing manager

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

To preface this, I applied for the Applecare at home advisor college position from my university.

There was a total of two interviews. I applied for the position in late November and didn't hear back until early January. My first interview happened towards the end of January and it was an in person interview at my university. It was more or the less a screening interview and allowed Apple to get to know you in person. Simple questions about myself and previous experience were asked and it was overall an easy interview.

After my first interview, I had to schedule my second interview which happened over Facetime and took place in early February. This interview lasted an hour and was full of questions relating to my previous work/volunteer experience, and what I would do if placed in certain situations. For this interview, be prepared to recall and explain specific instances where you helped someone out or solved a major problem when working in an organization. This interview was a little more intense but I overall it wasn't bad at all

A week after my second interview I got a call back offering me the position. Overall the interview process was a positive experience

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot an external monitor that isn't working?   2 Answers

Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I submitted a resume and online application and was contacted via email a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was essentially to gauge my enthusiasm for the Apple brand and to see whether or not I'd be interested in part-time work. That conversation went well, and I received another email later that day to set up an appointment for a face-to-face interview at the Apple store. I did a lot of research (Reddit and Glassdoor) to find out what the process might be like, as well as what would be appropriate to wear. As far as that was concerned, the advice was mostly "no suit or tie, but nice slacks and shoes, along with a buttoned shirt," so that's what I went with. My interview time was a 90-minute window, so I thought there would be a good chance that I'd be interviewing with multiple candidates, which is not uncommon. As it turns out it was just me, and I was warmly greeted by a store manager. Instead of talking in the store, she suggested we walk through the mall. We walked and talked for about 20 minutes. When we had made our way back to the Apple store, I was given the chance to ask any questions I had. The question I asked was what type of hours were usually associated with full-time (40 hours per week) and part-time (20-30 hours per week) work, and could part-time employees be brought on as full-timers if they proved they were trustworthy? The answer was yes, but it was mentioned that the time frame for that could range from 6 to 18 months. My interviewer seemed genuinely interested in me and what I had to say, and I felt comfortable talking with her. Following the interview I asked if I could get her business card (I wanted to know her last name and the store's email address for the "thank you" email I sent). I was told that I would hear back from the store within a week, and a couple of days later I received an email stating they were "moving forward with other candidates."

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      What made you decide to apply to the Apple Store?
      How familiar are you with the Apple brand and products?
      What Apple software do you use most often?
      Which position do you think you'd have the most interest (Service Specialist, Inventory Specialist, or Genius)?
      Are you interested in part-time opportunities?
      What is your availability (days of the week and shifts)

Apple Store Interview:
      What can you tell us about your work history?
      What inspired you to apply to the Apple store?
      What Apple products do you use?
      What Apple software do you use most often?
      How was your performance evaluated at your previous places of employment ?
      Has there been any particular technology of which you were an early adapter?
      How do you see yourself fitting in with the Apple store team?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Hiring process has you go through numerous interviews, each one dealing with a higher up manager, could be either over the phone or in person , maybe even with numerous people in a hiring event

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and tedious but worth the wait.

After submitting my application, I received an email about 2 months later informing me they would like to move forward with me.

I was asked to fill out this questionnaire that asked my major, how many words per minute I could type and other questions in this nature.

Roughly 3 weeks later A recruiter reached out to me asking if I had time for a brief phone call- The recruiter simply asked if I was on track to graduating , how I handled my stress, my skills in multi-tasking, If I could make the requirements for the working condition and a brief summary of myself. My recruiter then informed me she wanted to move forward with me.

The Last interview was with a hiring manger for AppleCare. This was done over webcam and lasted roughly an hour. The beginning of the interview was an introduction to Apple and what I should expect. The first questions asked where questions regarding my work history, the second round of questions were behavioral questions, and the third round of questions were basic trouble shooting questions. This involved a little role playing-

Over all it was a lengthy process but once I got in touch with a recruiter it went much more smoothly.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell a grandma who has never had an iPhone how to delete an app?   Answer Question
    • A customers phone isn't charging what are the first 3 questions you ask them?   1 Answer
    • A customers email isn't loading what are the first 3 questions you ask them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you could've handled it better.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with a customer who was angry?   1 Answer
    • What is the most difficult part of working where you live, and how would you eliminate that when you work?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Apple?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

1 round with Hiring Manager followed by technical round and then onsite interview at Headquarters. The first round is very simple. The hiring manager would ask about your background and past experience. Basically a walk through of the resume. Technical round was team specific and onsite interview had multiple round where the entire team interviewed me

Engineer Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I got the phone call from the HR recruiter, she scheduled the phone interview with hire manager for me. The hire manager was quite nice. He asked me about the general working experience, there are several technical questions were asked, maybe i didn't answer it very well, haven't hear from HR since the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What will do if one of the key parts failed the spec two weeks before the product launch. What will be your actual plan, which department will you contact?   1 Answer