Apple At-Home Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple At-Home Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Went through a series of phone interviews. Nothing too intense or scary to put it mildly. The questions asked were mainly about basic computer operation and previous experience. Others either applied and were hired didn't have as long as an interview process than what I had went through. When I applied and had multiple phone interviews, the whole process was 4 weeks or longer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the basic operation of a computer to someone that is a novice user.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very straightforward and relaxed. During the process, they basically want to see how well you can navigate through Apple products and their different devices, as well as how personable you are so that they can get a sense of how you will handle different situations with different clients.

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position in August 2015. I received a call on Monday September 2015 saying that I will be moving forward with the hiring process. After the telephone interview, I had 2 Skype interviews with an array of questions (technical and customer service). Which was fine. I dealt with friendly and upbeat people who seems to love their jobs throughout my hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was initially offered 17.20. Which isn't bad however, based on my level of expertise and experience I was then offered 17.50. I know, it's only a .30 cent jump but, I happily accepted and am looking forward to working with Apple.

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through school recruiting. Contacted within a week. Had one phone interview followed by a Skype interview. The phone call was really simple and mainly dealt with knowing about my schedule. The Skype interview took about an hour and was more serious. The guy was really nice who interviews me. We talked about my past work experience and talk more about the adviser role.

Interview Questions

• 1. Roll play a customer being upset
      2.Why Apple
      3.Tell me about good customer service   1 Answer

Had another offer

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple in September 2012.

Interview

An Apple recruiter conducted a Skype interview with me, which was followed up by another Skype interview with a manager of other At-home advisors. Both interviewers pivoted the focus of their interviews on the concept of empathy, rather than actual technical knowledge of Apple products--they actually provide all the training you need for this aspect of the job.

Interview Questions

• A customer calls in reporting that they damaged they dropped their iPad after having fallen down the stairs. What's the first thing you should ask them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Tempe, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a facetime call and asked questions on how familar you are with apple products. Also they asked about you college career and how long you are going to be in college. In other words do you use apple products or are you familar with them at least.

Interview Questions

• Asked what would be the hardest thing for you to focus on while working?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Atlanta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

A phone interview and then a face to face via FaceTime. The phone interview was very short. The FaceTime was about 45 minutes to an hour. The goal of the phone interview is to discover how much you know about using their products.

Interview Questions

• How do you delete apps from an iPhone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Tucson, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online about about 3 weeks later I got a call from an assistant who set me up with an interview. I had an interview on the phone with a recruiter about a week later. This was followed by a FaceTime interview with another recruiter. About a week later I got a call saying they want to move to the next step which is going through a background check and drug screening. I passed both and was given an offer. Im sure if you didn't pass the drug test you would not get an offer, but I think there may be some leniency on the background check depending on crimes committed.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about our products and to what extent?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Tucson, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied at the apple recruiting website

Interview Questions

• No questions that wouldn't be expected. However, I did not (and should have) expected "A customer is calling in wanting to know how much it would be to repair the cracked screen on her iPhone 4".   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-Nogotiable

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple in February 2013.

Interview

Campus recruiting, applied online, got interview the next week and a background check the week after the interview, got the offer a week after the background check

Interview Questions

• They asked me what ram is, that wasn't hard. But then they asked me to describe ram to a non-tech savvy person.   4 Answers

Negotiation

N/A