Apple College At-home Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple College At-home Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

At-home College Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I filled out the application online and got an email the next day that asked me to schedule the interview. The interview wasn't too bad. They asked me to describe myself, describe RAM, what I would do if a printer wasn't working...After about 2 weeks, I got an email saying to fill out the official application and do the background check. Still waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

At-home College Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Athens, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received email request questionaire, confirmed enrollment in approved institution, invitation for interview-interview can be on skype or on facetime. Interview is more so customer service based so as long as you know computer and cell phone basics you should be fine. Interview lasted around 45 mins to an hour. At the end of the interview they tell you that you should hear back within two weeks. Received an email the next day inviting me to complete the "official application" and submit to a background check (mostly just to verify previous employment and make sure there is no major criminal charges/background). If your background check is cleared, they will call you to offer the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain what RAM is to a five year old.
      How would you troubleshoot your mother's email?
      Give an example of a time you had to solve a problem and provide the steps to the solution (did not have to be a technological problem)
      Explain what customer service means to you.
      Give a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

College At-home Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

After application had to attend phone conferences explaining how to completely certain paperwork by mail. Then interview was through FaceTime, seemed strict on background noise and any distractions in background. After interview, more phone conferences for more paper work, criminal background check, etc.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you performed great customer service?   Answer Question
    • Ok, coming from the customer service industry, how do you think you can provide that same level of satisfaction without the face to face interaction you're used to? E.g. how can you provide good customer service over the phone   Answer Question
    • Show me (role play) how you would show a customer you're willing to help them by only using your voice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay didn't seem negotiable, training schedule was completely non negotiable everything else was left "to be determined" until after training.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was pretty basic. The college program only goes through one Skype interview instead of the multiple interviews for the regular position. It's really just a matter of having some basic tech knowledge and making a good connection with the interviewer. There are some discussions of how you would troubleshoot this issue or that one, but the focus is on how you deal with people.

Interview Questions

• The role-playing scenarios tempt people to go straight into troubleshooting mode, when they're really designed to see if you really empathize with the customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. An offer was made and I was free to accept or decline it.

College At-home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I have been using this site for a month or so now to get some helpful tips for my interview process so I figured I should return the favor. I applied for the position online and soon got an invitation to sign up for an information session. Since I'm currently in India for a study abroad program, I wasn't able to make it to an info session at 2:30am local time. I exchanged some emails with the Apple recruiting team in order to confirm my enrollment in college-level courses. After a few days, I was told that my enrollment had been confirmed, and I was soon asked to schedule a FaceTime interview. After following the link for the online scheduling process, I found a good time that worked with the time difference here. A few days later, I had my FaceTime interview with a team manager. The interview went pretty well despite the international connection delay. My interviewer told me that I would here back within the next two weeks about whether or not they wanted to continue with me. Yesterday (almost exactly two weeks later), I got a phone call from a recruiter in California who told me that I was going to receive the job offer. This was especially surprising/exciting because I was almost certain that I would need to complete at least two interviews before receiving an offer. The recruiter told me that the offer packet will be sent to my house in the states and will contain all of the small details about my employment. He said I should expect a salary of around $11.50 an hour. This was a little lower than I was hoping, but it's far better than my past jobs involving minimum wage and manual labor. I have heard from this forum that Apple will occasionally give a higher pay rate in the offer packet than they tell you on the phone. Of course, I am hoping this proves to be true. Now I'm just waiting to sign the paperwork, and I'm excited to start working for this awesome company!

Here are some things I was asked in my only interview because I know that is what the majority of the readers are interested in:

-Talk about a time you had to help a friend with a technical problem.
    -What is the most difficult technical problem you have ever handled?
    -Do you have experience assembling computers or hard drives?
    -I said no to this. Keep in mind that they are not looking for computer geeks. They just want people with great customer service skills and somewhat of a background in technology. If you don't have much tech experience, tell the interviewer honestly and confidently. It really is not a big deal.
    -Talk about a customer service challenge you have overcome

Other than those questions, everything else involved more personal and simple questions about myself. The interview is laid back, and you will succeed if you remain confident and relaxed. Just like any other job interview, COME PREPARED. There are plenty of sample questions on this forum and elsewhere to help you out. Take advantage of them and your interview will go very well.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult technical problem you have ever handled?   Answer Question

College At-Home-Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merced, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Merced, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied in October of 2017, Got an email in March to set up a time to talk. Phone screen was around 15 minutes and then I was told I would move onto the next step. Got an email two weeks after to set up a time for the interview. Interview was roughly an hour consisting of questions pertaining to customer service and my background. I believe the number one thing is to show empathy. I did that when she asked me to give a past situation with a rude customer so she skipped the role play and instead asked me rapid fire questions to test how I would think on the spot. Overall, it was a fairly easy interview and the interviewer made me feel really comfortable. I dressed in a suit even though it was an online interview, and tried to have a conversation instead of an interrogation which is what I believe they want. Got a call two weeks afterwards to give me the job offer and now I'm here! Good luck!

College At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ennis (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Ennis (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, video interview and skype interview
    They asked me no technical questions in the first interview. The second was technical with questions like "what is bluetooth" and "what is RAM". Then, I had a 45 min Skype interview where I was asked more about myself. The main focus was on customer service skills and scenarios where there was a difficult customer.