Apple Creative (Apple Store) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Creative (Apple Store)

Apple Creative (Apple Store) Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

The interview was not that bad. Questions were pretty straight-forward regarding your past experience and how you handle issues. Ordinary job-wide question: Tell me a little about yourself, tell me a time when _______ and how you handled it, why do you want to work here?

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Marlton, NJ) in September 2011.

Interview

After receiving an email invite to a recruiting seminar, I went online to select a date and time. The first interview was a group setting with a video presentation and a lot of group interaction. I received a call later that night several hours after the interview and was told I would be meeting next with the general manager of a specific Apple retail store in South Jersey. I met at the same hotel as the first interview with the GM and the interview lasted an hour but I never heard back. Received an email within the week saying they moved on with the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Bakersfield, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The first part of the interview process was actually a phone interview. This dealt with my background information, a lot of what is listed on my resume, but gave me a chance to really explain where I came from and where I was heading. This lasted about 15-20 minutes and ended with me being able to ask questions that I had. My main questions at that point where how the interview was going to proceed, what else I would need to prepare for, and the like.

The second interview was a face to face interview with two people at a time. One of these individuals was who I already interviewed with over the phone, and the other an area manager. Partway through the interview, the phone interviewer switched with another area manager, and I was left to answer questions with them. Many of the questions are "What did you do in a situation where..." sort of questions. Most of these were retail/customer service oriented but some also dealt with how I dealt with creative problem solving and technical savvy. This interview lasted about 45 minutes and I was warned ahead of time it would not last longer than an hour. Additionally I had been asked to bring copies of my resume to this interview as well as a copy of my portfolio.

The third and final interview was unusual in that it was conducted via Facetime. This position was for a store not in my local area and so for the 2nd interview I had traveled on my own dime to get there. There were some scheduling conflicts on Apple's end of things that prevented me from meeting one key person and so the extra interview was scheduled (my 2nd should have been final). As I could not travel again, I basically begged them to let me have another phone interview or suggested the Facetime route. I'm not entirely sure why this company hasn't jumped on that idea sooner, but I digress...

The final interview was much like the 2nd where I was asked "What did you do" situation questions and was given time to ask my own questions. Apple is extremely hush hush about things and so the questions that I really wanted answered they had to hedge around, however politely. All in all, this interview was more of a formality to give me some facetime (sorry) with this other manager I'd not yet met. It lasted about 15 minutes.

Every time I was told a specific time frame in which I would be contacted and only by the end was that not met. I'm assuming that means that if you hear back when you should, you are being considered, otherwise, keep looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging technical problem you've been faced with and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Hills, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (South Hills, PA).

Interview

Applied online. Sent in a resume and thought out cover letter and was asked about 2 weeks later to come in for a hiring event. After dressing business casual and making my appearance to the event, there were about 25 others there, many of who showed up in unprofessional attire. This almost put a bad taste in my mouth, but I just felt an advantage right away. After watching a few small video clips about the company (Apple), we were asked what the most surprising thing was that we just learned. Then after, we were moved into groups, where we were asked general questions, mainly about customer service experience. They say it's optional to answer, but why would you go to a job interview and not answer questions. They log down what you say and they judge you from there. After this event, which lasted almost two hours, I was asked a week later to come in for a second one on one interview. I was told that only 3 out of the group were asked to come in for this. It was a pretty relaxed interview with the team leader just walking around the store as he asked me general customer service questions and answering questions about myself. I found out halfway through talking with the team leader at the store that they were only hiring for the sales position. I was pretty disappointed with the fact that the team leader wasn't even aware of the cover letter I took the time to create and that I applied for the creative position. I think they just bring in anyone who generally applies to the store and assume they just want the general sales position, but you have to start somewhere I guess. The 1 on 1 interview lasted for about 45 minutes, thought it went very well, but was informed that they went ahead with their hiring of others. Somewhat glad I didn't get it because it opened my eyes to the Apple culture. Felt it was Apple or nothing there, but that's the way it is when you're working to promote any company.

Interview Questions

• Looking around this store, what do you think we can improve on? And don't say everything is already great.   Answer Question
    • That guy over there (points to older man) has a regular flip phone and has Verizon, go ahead and tell me what you would say to him in short to buy an iPhone and switch to AT&T.   Answer Question

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I did a group interview with 20 other people. It was very intense and very competitive. You have to find a way to stand out in a group interview. The most important thing is to remain calm and not to act nervous. That is the kiss of death in Apple!

Interview Questions

• Apple says...."Tell us of a time that you...." Come prepared!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for more money right when you start. The raises are very very small. Be willing to bargain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Troy, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

There was about 50 people in the interview. First the manager introduce themselves. Then they play a video, ask you what you learned about Apple from it. They break each tables into groups of ten and they pass around an iPad with about twenty different questions and each person answers one and passes it around to the next person in the group.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had more work than you could possibly finish. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I went to a group interview and we were shown a few videos about the apple style. After that we did some situation role play and talked about why us for apple. Still waiting for the one to one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be an asset for apple   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Huntsville, AL) in May 2010.

Interview

The process was very awkward for an Apple Store.

Interview Questions

• Who is your mentor in life and how have they changed you from where you have been?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating was not an option. They don't actually care about your skills/experience so your pay is always at or below the position minimum.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

Definitely the most rigorous interview process I've ever undergone (in my 20+ years of working life). First I was contacted via email to schedule me for a Group/Panel interview in the Univ District area of Seattle. I attended that panel, which lasted several hours, during which time about 30 of us were "interviewed" individually by three managers, broken into smaller groups of 5-6, and as a whole group in a conference room. It was a very upbeat experience, more of a cheerleading event for Apple and IMO a "weeding out" of potential hires who weren't "Apple material"...

About a week after the group event I was contacted via email again and asked to do 1:1 interviews at a local retail store. During that interview process, I was interviewed by three store managers individually. I was contacted less than a week after that and asked to have one more interview (at a different store) with the WA State regional manager. I had a 1:1 interview with her for approximately one hour, during which time the door to her office was left open, and employees came in/out to get things off shelves. It was very distracting (to say the least). Perhaps that was her intent?

I was contacted within 24 hours of that interview to say that they would not be moving forward with me as a candidate for a position w/ Apple at this time. And that was that.

For the most part, I found the process (with the exception of that last interview) to be very engaging and interesting. I felt very positive and encouraged along the way as well. Definitely felt as though I was being considered for a position by the hiring influence at my store of choice.

In the end, it was a relief that I didn't get the position since I haven't worked in retail for over 15 years and with a small child at home, it would have been very challenging to go back to that kind of work schedule. But I'm glad to have had the experience and to get to know the inner workings of Apple (a company/brand that I definitely believe in).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a management style that you find difficult or challenging to work with, and why, as well as how you worked around the challenge...   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (Charlotte, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

Quick initial phone interview to set up a second lengthier phone interview. Third interview was with a group of 12. Lasted 2 hours. Young enthusiastic staff of 5 conducting small group sessions. Questions were geared to reveal your personality and work style, whether you are an Apple fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made an important decision and later second guessed it.   Answer Question