Apple Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

2.9

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

One group interview with "breakouts" where you are in littler groups to role play scenarios. Next interview is by yourself with a manager and then 3rd interview is with the store lead.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about the products and "if Jenny is going to school for this subject and she wants something light weight but powerful with a backup, what solution would you choose for her and why?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed a invitation to come to the hiring event. It was myself and two other people. they asked each of us a few questions, really easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a customer who made demands you could not accommodate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reedley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Reedley, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume and application and got a call for an interview. There is a process of 3-4 interviews. If you make it to the 3rd interview, you're in

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've had to give feedback and how did that person handle it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

They interview you in a group - so there were about eight of us standing in a semi circle answering questions pop corn style. I have never seen an interview like this and have to say it was quite interesting to watch.

I felt calm because I researched the question they ask beforehand and Glassdoor told me it would be a group interview, but I could tell some others weren't expecting that, so there was a bit of nervousness in the air.

Be prepared to remain relaxed and yourself, I think they really just want to see you comfortable under pressure. The details of you as a worker and your experience are secondary and come up in later interviews.

Interview Questions

• "Describe one experience in which you went above and beyond for a customer."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process involves a group interview from which you will be picked for a following 1-2 interviews one on one. The questions were pretty standard but got more specific towards Apple as it progressed. The interviewer was relaxed and kind and I think this seems standard for Apple. Be sure to talk about teamwork as often as possible as they're looking for strong team members not just regular employees. Be open and kind and you will be received well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Uploaded my resume online , received an email 5 days later about a hiring event happening RVSP'd right away interview was a week later. This was a group interview where you were in a circle asked the typical interview questions. If you go make sure you constantly talk about being on a team which is funny because the interviewer said you work alone but Apple is focused on "team work"

Interview Questions

• Typical "think of a time where you had to fix a situation" "why apple" "what is one flaw you have"   Answer Question

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

Interview

This was easily the hardest interview process I have been through in my life. From what I understand, the first interview is in a group setting with anywhere from 3 people to 100 people. This is where the weed a majority of the applicants out. I was lucky enough to have a referral, so I wasn't required to take this interview. Interview number 2 was with a hiring coordinator. She took me around the corner to a Starbucks, and it was essentially a conversation, not really an interview. The second interview lasted about 30 minutes. From there, the third interview, which I was also lucky to get immediately after the second interview, was with the Store Lead. Once again, this interview was held at the Starbucks and was very casual. After the third interview, I was told I would hear from them via email (saying thanks for the interest, but we've decided to move forward with different candidates) or a phone call to set up an additional interview. Lucky for me, about 2 hours after my third interview I got a phone call asking me to come in the next day for a fourth interview with the District Manager, this was also a group interview, being me and 2 other candidates. If you make it to the last interview, you're in. This was the most casual of the 4 interviews and from the start you could tell it was a "get to know you session." After that interview, which lasted about 45 minutes because we were having such a good time conversing amongst ourselves, I was taken back into the store and told I would get an email to submit my background check, and once that was complete, I would be receiving my official offer!

Interview Questions

• Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to ask others to do something for you, and were they willing?   Answer Question
    • If I were to call a person you work with and ask them to describe you positively in 2 words, what would this two words be. If I asked for one negative word, what would it be?   Answer Question

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Apple in January 2014.

Interview

There were multiple group interviews with multiple levels of Apple management involved. Not long interviews but four within a week or two. My decision to accept the offer or not was needed within a day and there was no negotiation of salry as far as I sensed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Interview

The hiring process was group oriented and was conducted in the store. There were various representatives of Apple at the store and we were all welcomed into the store by about 10-15 associates. There were about 25 other job seekers, and we were all sat down and given some insight into the Apple culture with a video. Each employee then gave a testimonial on their experience in the store and their current role. We then we paired off and were asked to introduce ourselves to the person next to us. Once that was completed, we were asked to introduce the person we had just met. We then split up and were asked various questions regarding our opinion on the importance of customer service. For the most part, everyone was given the chance to talk and throughout the interview various associates were taking notes.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Interview

The interview process is all about seeing your personality and ability to work well with others. Outgoing, fun, humble, dependable, unique, strong character are all desirable qualities. All the tech stuff can be taught, but inherent "like ability" and "trustability" are harder to find. There are amazing specialists that do not own a single apple product (yet). Do not over exaggerate about how long you've been a computer nerd, or how many apple devices you own as that will hurt more than help in general.

Interview Questions

• There are often group discussions about desert island scenarios, and it's not about the end goal, it's about how well you work with the ideas of the other people in your group.   Answer Question