Apple Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Reedley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Reedley, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume and application and got a call for an interview. There is a process of 3-4 interviews. If you make it to the 3rd interview, you're in

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've had to give feedback and how did that person handle it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed a invitation to come to the hiring event. It was myself and two other people. they asked each of us a few questions, really easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a customer who made demands you could not accommodate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

They interview you in a group - so there were about eight of us standing in a semi circle answering questions pop corn style. I have never seen an interview like this and have to say it was quite interesting to watch.

I felt calm because I researched the question they ask beforehand and Glassdoor told me it would be a group interview, but I could tell some others weren't expecting that, so there was a bit of nervousness in the air.

Be prepared to remain relaxed and yourself, I think they really just want to see you comfortable under pressure. The details of you as a worker and your experience are secondary and come up in later interviews.

Interview Questions

• "Describe one experience in which you went above and beyond for a customer."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Uploaded my resume online , received an email 5 days later about a hiring event happening RVSP'd right away interview was a week later. This was a group interview where you were in a circle asked the typical interview questions. If you go make sure you constantly talk about being on a team which is funny because the interviewer said you work alone but Apple is focused on "team work"

Interview Questions

• Typical "think of a time where you had to fix a situation" "why apple" "what is one flaw you have"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

After applying online and submitted a required questionnaire. I got a call from the recruiter in about 3 weeks by email to setup a phone interview. Interview lasted about 45mins and it went well. It was a short introduction of what the job task is and a little bit of how the hiring process will be. The actual interview include questions related to resume, past experience and how you will solve a problem given to a couple of real life scenario. I was told that there will be another interview soon but just wait for the next notification.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • How do u take a screen shot, create a folder, turn on flash light, blue tooth etc..... on your iphone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was for a Store Opening about 8 years ago, so there was some time in-between when I applied and when I got the call for the first interview. Everyone was very nice, and there were about 4 interview events before finding out whether or not I got the job. Each interview got progressively easier. The group interview in the beginning was the most difficult as you had to take a test, and then present some random group based thing on a feature of a certain piece of software (mine was on photo booth for instance).

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to remember when helping a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process involves a group interview from which you will be picked for a following 1-2 interviews one on one. The questions were pretty standard but got more specific towards Apple as it progressed. The interviewer was relaxed and kind and I think this seems standard for Apple. Be sure to talk about teamwork as often as possible as they're looking for strong team members not just regular employees. Be open and kind and you will be received well.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Very large group, then small group, then individual. They want to see how you work with others. Then they want to see how well you can handle one on one conversations and how your skills translate.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Norfolk, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process I am still going through has taken a bit of time.

#1)
     The first interview was a meeting at one the stores after it closed where about 30 people showed up with resumes and a fancy dress code. I showed up in a button up, some decent shoes and a pair of jeans.

They clap and cheer as you walk in and I assume they just expect that you look friendly and cheerful.

They paired you up with one other person, you get two minutes to learn a set of things about them, and then introduce the person you got paired with to the entire store. (its to make you feel nervous and challenged... see how you handle some pressure) I got a couple of fun facts about my partner. it always helps to try and make people laugh.

Then they show you some videos about the apple world and what it may be like working for them.

They will see if anyone wants to ask questions. (honestly I raised my hand but I never got called on, no big deal, just make sure youre paying attention at the very least).

Next they will separate you into groups of 5 or so and theyll hand an iPad around that asks you questions. Answer honestly, and make sure you dont say things that make you sound negative. The whole point of this is to see if you can handle some questions about things that may not be something you get asked every day. If you have experience at all working, playing, anything relate-able. ++++ points if someone is being asked a question and are having trouble-- GIVE them advice... listen to what they've said before and try to give them guidance (this shows leadership capabilities and lets them know youre paying attention to what EVERYONE is saying.. NOT just the person "grading" you).

Once this is all done, they will gather you up again and say their goodbyes and youll be on your way out the door.

#2)
    Honestly, I got a rejection letter in my email a few days later... I was pissed... cause I had all the right queues. I knew they liked me-- they even asked if I was trying to work elsewhere. So I thought about all the possible ways I could have failed. I realized on the paper they give you when you first get to the first interview they had the stores youre applying to... I didnt put a store nearby cause I didnt know it existed and the one i applied to was already full staffed. I reapplied online to the other store and I got a call 2 days later asking if I would come in for a 1;1 interview with a manager. I said sure, and a bunch of other thing and had the lady on the phone chuckling and we hung up the phone.

I went to the store got a decent pair of slacks and a button up and went to the store for the interview.

I walked in about 15 minutes early and let them know I was there. Funny thing is I walked right up to the manager I was gonna be interviewed by unintentionally. We struck up conversation about what I was there for and we started our interview right away. we walked outside and chit chatted for about 20 minutes. He told me at the end of the interview I was gonna be getting a call for a third interview.

This waiting took like 2-3 weeks. All good, Im not in dire need for a job anyways so I can handle a little waiting. Gave me time anyways to 4.0 my classes in college.

So they called me up and told me I would be interviewing with the high up lady in the store. And thats where I am at right now. The interview proceess so far has been super easy.. Just be your damn self and be personable. If you are right for the job, you are right for the job-- they're looking for specific types of people... so if youre not that type of person dont sweat it. youre apt to fit into another workplace just as well or better than you think.

The manager at the store already told me I would have the job after this interview, it's more or less a formality.

Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• Why apple?
      what did you do before?
      How does this apply to being a specialist?
      Ever dealt with a hard to deal with "customer"? how?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Nah, they just gave me a good wage off the bat.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

It was a group interview in which one would be encouraged to "stand out". Somewhat technical regarding the products being sold but I got the impression that they were looking for standout personalities who would be better suited to communicate with customers.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond?   3 Answers