Apple AppleCare Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

144 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

AppleCare Technical Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

An Apple recruiter reached out to me about the job via Indeed. I responded to him a couple of days later and also applied for the job on Apple's website. The application includes questions about past technical experiences and how you approached them. Next, another person scheduled a FaceTime/Skype interview with another Apple recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Scenario question: I can't download pictures my sister sent to me. Can you help me?   Answer Question
    • Describe what excellent customer service is to you?   1 Answer
    • What does growth in a job mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time a previous boss provided feedback to you and how you implemented that feedback into action.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is long but worth it. I waited 3 months before I got a call but the call is a 30 to 40 min. phone interview where they just verify everything in your resume with you and a run through of the job I then had a hirevue interview which is a 1 hour long. They then go through a role playing scenario and are looking for SPECIFIC answers. It's not about what you know technical wise but to get a feel of you as an actual person. They called me back after 2 weeks to tell me I got the job. Pretty excited to start

Interview Questions

• My phone fell in water and won't turn back on   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via email about setting up phone interview. Once I was set up with the person I interviewed with he was very straight forward and didn't ask any personable questions. Almost as if he was rushing the interview. He gave me various scenarios and acted as if he were a customer having issues with his MacBook. After the role playing was over he said apple would be in contact soon and have a nice day. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR SPECIFIC ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS. ITS EITHER YOU GET IT RIGHT OR WRONG.

Interview Questions

• I cant seem to get my volume to work on my computer, what should I do? My screen went black I don't know how to get my computer to turn on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Be prepared to recall and explain specific instances where you helped someone out or solved a major problem when working in an organization. This interview was a little more intense but I overall it wasn't bad at all.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a two step process after I applied and received a call back with a first interview that was a video chat interview, then a second that was on site at the campus here in Austin TX.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you worked with a manager or mentor figure to help develop yourself?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

To preface this, I applied for the Applecare at home advisor college position from my university.

There was a total of two interviews. I applied for the position in late November and didn't hear back until early January. My first interview happened towards the end of January and it was an in person interview at my university. It was more or the less a screening interview and allowed Apple to get to know you in person. Simple questions about myself and previous experience were asked and it was overall an easy interview.

After my first interview, I had to schedule my second interview which happened over Facetime and took place in early February. This interview lasted an hour and was full of questions relating to my previous work/volunteer experience, and what I would do if placed in certain situations. For this interview, be prepared to recall and explain specific instances where you helped someone out or solved a major problem when working in an organization. This interview was a little more intense but I overall it wasn't bad at all

A week after my second interview I got a call back offering me the position. Overall the interview process was a positive experience

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot an external monitor that isn't working?   3 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in April 2017.

Interview

I applied in January, had an in-person interview on campus in February and had a FaceTime interview in April. The first in-person interview was behavioral, why apple? what experiences have you had that can help you with this job? and the second, FaceTime interview, was customer service oriented. They can't teach you how to be a nice person, and have good customer service, but they will teach you all of the technical side.

Interview Questions

• What in your prior experiences makes you a good candidate for this job?   1 Answer
    • What is the most difficult part of working where you live, and how would you eliminate that when you work?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you received excellent customer service. What made it excellent, and how would you make sure that customers you talked to had that same great experience?   Answer Question

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied back in July 2016, didn't hear back until November 2016. The first interview was just a phone call, rather simple and was mostly about if I was still interested. The second interview was a FaceTime interview. It only lasted 40 minutes. Asked questions about my resume then asked behavioral questions about customer service. Got an email a month after I interviewed that I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• A grandma calls claiming she lost all her pictures and is crying. How do you troubleshoot this situation?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

- 1 hour long video interview through Skype or Facetime. Very straight forward, lots of behavioral and technical questions. Need to do a little research about the company before the interview. Have to be prepared for technical questions. Few customer service related questions and personal experience in that field of work.

Interview Questions

• If your battery drains too fast, what are you going to do to fix it?   3 Answers

AppleCare At-Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oberlin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Oberlin, OH).

Interview

A set of 3 phone interviews, the latter two of which featured live video feed via Skype.

The first interview was short and sweet. The core of the interview was about work history, personal experience and personal views on customer service and how it might translate into being an effective Advisor. Also several icebreaker type questions initally to disarm the interviewee initially. The interviewer also took a basic assessment of familiarity with Apple and its products.

The second interview was a Skype call that was focused mainly around role-play. The interviewer posed several scenarios and asked you to role-play working as an Advisor with the customer towards a solution. I believe the general goal here was to assess the interviewee's ability to respond to distress, empathize and demonstrate comfort working with Apple technology.

The third interview was another Skype video call and felt most like a standard interview. Common questions like "why should we hire you?" And "why did you apply for this job?" were asked. I believe this last interview was to assess the potential employee's general attitude, personality and level of comfort talking on the phone. The job offer was given at the close of the third and final interview.

Interview Questions

• Role-play scenario: you are expected to respond to this woman's concerns as though you were an Advisor. A woman calls on the first day of her honeymoon in Hawaii and discovers that a water bottle has leaked all over her iPhone. The phone is dripping wet, has powered off and the customer is extremely distressed about the recent photos she took on her wedding day.   1 Answer