Apple Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,081 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,081 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Siri ML Platform Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple in July 2017.

Interview

Interviewer over phone had a lot of static, answering questions felt like talking to static. Asked a couple of memory management questions and told me curtly that I'm not what they were looking for without even describing what their team does or who he is.

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Round 1. Several rounds with the team and the hiring manager over the phone. Nature of questions were technical and people skills. SOme were very difficult questions.

Round 2. In person full day interview with the extended team. No particular schedule. People get added and the coordinator keeps sending the email during the interview.

2 Days after the interview the recruiter sent an email saying that they are pursuing other candidates with a better match. No reason, no detailed communications. Reaching to the recruiter but no answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a difficult problem and how did you solved it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

pretty standard. asked simple questions about experience, why i wanted the job, education. nothing too shocking or out of the ordinary. Just come prepared and you should be good to go.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had a phone interview and talked a lot about my portfolio projects. They were more interested in specific engineering challenges that I faced when building my projects. Asked some technical questions about manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Show me the back of an iPhone and asked me how it might have been manufactured.   4 Answers

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview Experience is very pathetic. The hiring manager is checking his mobile and smiling instead of focusing on what I say, I lost my interest there. I lost respect for apple after looking at how irresponsible people are working there. Maybe it's only at this location 5300 Stevens Creek Blvd. San Jose, CA 95129.

Interview Questions

• Write a java program to replace a new string in place of old string from Input string.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple in June 2017.

Interview

First, there was a recruiter discussion (screening effort), followed by a call with a peer role. The call was about 40 minutes long, and focused mainly on my experience and a description of the position being applied for (all pretty straight forward). Feedback was tailored towards communication and thinking methodologies. The next call (committed to during the first call) was with the position's direct supervisor, and was structured much differently. It was more conversational, discussing in detail a technical challenge in my experience. The interviewer asked many probing and curiosity based questions, which seemed to be a conversational test of my knowledge and thinking strategy, as well as a performance of my communication skills. This call concluded with an invitation to visit the campus.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a technical challenge you've encountered, and how you overcame it."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

There was one recruiter conversation and one phone screen, followed by an on-site with six people. Several of the interviewers were on the team itself, though there were also people on related teams.

The role is largely research in nature. They asked me to talk about past research work, my research ideas and perspectives. They asked me essentially zero problem-solving questions, but instead a lot of terminology / opinion questions.

Interview Questions

• They also asked me some behavioural questions and simple "do you know about X" type questions, and very few problem solving questions. I have no idea how they were able to judge me based on any of the questions they asked. They were mostly very friendly, though some a few of the questions came across very defensive / barbed.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

initial phone interview with hiring manager for screening. technical phone interview followed by all day interview with team members. lots of fundamental questions. talk about past experiences and future goals.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed through internal referral.
    Applied through internal referral.
    Got an email from recruiter the other day to arrange the phone screen.
    Got called by an engineer two weeks later.
    Talked about working experience and projects.

Interview Questions

• 1. Output the first duplicated char in a string
      2. Output a 2d array in spiral order