Apple Instrument Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.8

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Acoustic Calibration & Instrumentation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I found a position in linked in, and applied to it online. Then got an email from recruiter asking if I am interested on another role available, which I was interested. the then have got two phone interviews which were one well, and i am about to to to on site interview.

Interview Questions

• why do we use Fourier transform rather than Laplace transform to do frequency analysis on signals?   Answer Question

Instrumentation and Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Mountain View, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

2 stages of phone calls (one HR, one more technical), then a facetime interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited for an onsite interview (which required them to pay for airfare, hotel, and per diem). The onsite interview was all morning long and I met one-on-one with 4 or 5 separate engineers.

Interview Questions

• A clocks two hands first overlap at 12:00. When is the next time the two hands will overlap?   1 Answer
    • Write a function to reverse a linked list   Answer Question
    • Write a function to transpose a matrix   Answer Question

Software Instrumentation Engineer Interview

Interview

reverse a string in place
    remove duplicates from a string
    allocate 3d array dynamically
    allocate 2d array dynamically
    implement stack using linked list
    find if a string is a palindrome
    usage of volatile and const keyword
    use of static keyword in c and c++
    use of virtual keyword in c++
    how to debug a faulty board
    comparison of spi and i2c
    how to debug faulty i2c connection

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in January 2014.

Interview

I was notified a day in advance for a phone interview for what I believed was the Acoustic Calibration & Instrumentation Engineer position. I had friend at Apple give an inside referral and the interview ended up not even being for the specified position. It was just to see if I would be eligible to join the team. The interview felt like a final exam that dug into deep technical questions about DSP fundamentals and C++ topics.

Interview Questions

• What is a double pointer in C++? If a 18kHz signal is sampled at 32kHz what will happen, what frequency will the signal appear as?   1 Answer

Instrumentation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

First I was called by Recruiter. They found me Through Linkedin. They set up a phone interview. Then a technical Quiz. And then they invite me on site. I was supposed to have interview with 8 people. I was late because of the flight delay. I was interviewed by just one Idiot guy. He did not know any thing about Hardware. He told me they are not going to continue interviewing. He told me I was not a good fit and asked me to leave. I did not expect such a large and famous company acting like a child. This was an experience for me to make sure whoever ask me onsite interview they know who they are looking for. I am designing hardware everyday in my current job.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to convert a character to Integer?   1 Answer

Software Instrumentation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in June 2010.

Interview

This was just a preliminary 1 on 1 interview at Apple's Cupertino campus. The hiring manager had to phone someone else to interview me because he couldn't make it. That person didn't seem prepared at all. Overall not a good experience, and I didn't get selected for the next round.

Interview Questions

• He asked me to write a function to calculate how many ways to climb N stairs, with either 1 or 2 steps at a time..?   2 Answers

INSTRUMENT & CONTROL ENGINEER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple in January 2010.

Interview

now i m instrument & control technician power plant buy i have apply inst & control engineer

Interview Questions

• what is turbine flow meter   1 Answer
    • what's difference of RTD & thermocuple   1 Answer