Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2017
5,568 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had a phone interview and talked a lot about my portfolio projects. They were more interested in specific engineering challenges that I faced when building my projects. Asked some technical questions about manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Show me the back of an iPhone and asked me how it might have been manufactured.   4 Answers

Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Berlin (Germany)) in May 2016.

Interview

Als erstes wurde ein FaceTime Anruf durchgeführt.
    Nachdem dort eine positive Rückmeldung kam wurde ich zu einem Hiring Event im Hotel eingeladen. Danach kam leider keinerlei Rückmeldung mehr.
    Alles in allem war es ein eher unbefriedigendes Vorstellungsgespräch.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in June 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews. An initial phone consult, then two FaceTime/skype sessions. You'll have a role play scenario and will know if you are going to the next stage or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good candidate for a work at home position   Answer Question

Cell Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple in January 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. After two weeks of submitting resume, I was contacted by a recruiter from Apple. The phone screening interview was scheduled with hiring manager three days after.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Very long you will have to go through four interviews. First interview will be at least 25 people in the room and the second time there were four others. They took a week to get back to me that I was rejected although they said they get back within 48 hours if they are rejecting you.

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was fast and straight forward. The hiring manager did not ask anything about my background and go directly to the technical questions. Very technical and very challenging. They just kept pushing you to think harder and harder and how well do you understand the fundamental ME principles

Interview Questions

• What is the transfer function of a spring mass system   1 Answer

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Intense two day interviews. Apple provided a hotel, even though I live in the Bay Area. When the reimbursement check for the hotel got lost, they emailed me when they noticed I hadn't cashed the check. Recruiting at Apple is very professional and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Exclusively whiteboard algorithm questions.   1 Answer

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

paper is to analyze the business practices of Comcast.
    • I will give a brief overview of myself and my background.
    • I will list what I feel makes an efficient manger, based upon personal experience and text including other course materials.
    • I will discuss my positions of leadership over the course of my career.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Lots of general questions of systems engineering. Questions spanned from analog electronics, optical engineering, sensing technology, image sensors, characterization. People who interviewed me seemed very prepared in their field, but were from a variety of specialties. Overall they were fair and nice, but I had the impression that they were looking for somebody who is expert/specialist on everything.

Interview Questions

• How would you remove cross-talk between channels in a CMOS image sensor?   1 Answer

Electrician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

One after another, with absolutely no time to take a break, engineers, jr managers, and sr managers came in to ask me questions. Mostly standard stuff, like what I'm looking for, stuff about my history, etc. About half the time was spent on textbook technical questions.

One thing that was really, really rude was that more than one interviewer, including a sr manager, checked their phone while I was talking. This really stands out to me and speaks very poorly,

Interview Questions

• Lots of circuits questions.   1 Answer

Ios Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They contacted me from linked in. Starts with brief talk with recruiter about what your careers goals are and really checking your skills and work history but no technical questions.

They then set up a technical phone interview. Series of trick questions about objective c and swift. Not helpful. Evasive interviewer. I thought I hadn't done well but was hard to understand the interviewer and they acted emotionless. No clue. The interviewer sounded like a junior programmer just out of school. No experience but know what the book says.

Received an email from the recruiter a week later saying it went well and wanting to schedule an onsite interview. I sent in a list of dates but apparently this recruiter ignores emails. A while later he emails wanting to talk and asks dates despite what I had sent earlier.

On site interview was awful even before it started. Dumpy off site building. I arrived early and they didn't have a lobby. The recruiter said he'd come out in a minute but it was a lie. I stood outside of the building for 15 minutes waiting.

Building interior dumpy. Every programmer in this particular facility appeared to be an import from India or Russia. Met no one from here during the entire day. Bad group. Question from an interviewer included, "how do you stay motivated". Sounded like a plea for advise to help him with a boring job. The manager said they get jerked around by arrogant people demanding they respond to random requests. Sounds like infighting.

Lunch was part of the interview with strange logic problems being described as we're walking around a cafeteria trying to find something to eat. Very hard to visualize.

Overall interview felt like gotcha interviewing. Trying to trip you up. Not helpful. Not respectful. Very geared to junior developers like a final exam from an algorithms course.

No surprise the recruiter ignored emails sent after the interview and created typos when filling out the template rejection email.

No way to provide feedback. Apple overall needs to improve this process from start to finish. Very unprofessional. Company feels like its imploding.

Even the trip coordinator messed up. Hotel room accidentally billed to my personal credit card. Again no one accepts responsibility. Wouldn't fix it but wanted me to submit paperwork to get reimbursed. Was time consuming.

Interview Questions

• Char *c = malloc(50)
      C++