Apple Creative (Apple Store) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Creative (Apple Store) Interview Questions

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (London, England (UK)) in December 2010.

Interview

Interview in 2005 - Meticulous and lengthy - many phone calls, group sessions, role playing, individual activities. The interview was a whole day of activities involving individual tasks and group ones designed to show how you interact with a team. there were also many role playing tasks.

There was then a telephone interview with the store manager which was followed up by more questions via email. I was then sent a job offer and had another telephone call to talk through the particulars before accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were instrumental in solving a problem that changed somebody's life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was not negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Syracuse, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

This had to be the most BS interview I have ever been on in my life. You walked in to a hotel room and you greeted by people clapping for you. Next we were greeted by a guy that was so happy you wondered what drug he was on. Next you were shown a movie of how great Apple was 20 minutes.

They then introduced you to the store employees that all had less than 4 months with the company and looked like they just came off the campus of a college.

The interview main guy then told us how great it was to work for Apple and then asked you " What your least favorite movie was. WTF was that all about !!!! 30 Minutes. He then proceeded to change the question to the most BS questions you could ever imagine, for what I don't know. He asked the movie question to a Chinese guy who the proceeded to tell us how much he liked soccer. The Guy did not even take the time to tell the poor guy that that was not the question, so how would you like that guy for a boss.

Another 20 minute movie how great Apple was then you were broken into groups to come up with a commercial for Apple .

We did our little BS skit 20 minutes for everyone. The kid next to me just texted on his phone the whole time.

We were then shown another movie slide show how great Apple was again.

Here is the real kicker, they gave you a 2 page sheet with a pen with nothing to write on and had you fill out and answer the most basic Apple questions and it was over.

2 Hours of how great Apple was and how lucky we were to be sitting there listing to the propaganda about the company.

The interview was the absolute most un professional BS I have ever sat thru.

The main Interview guy had to be on drugs. The second interview person was a lady who has so fricken happy it made you sick.

After this experience I must say that I was ready to be homeless before I would ever work for that company.

Got a form letter the next day with a rejection. How could they reject you if they never even met you?

Interview Questions

• What was my Favorite Movie ?   1 Answer
    • What least favorite movie do you watch ?   1 Answer

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Interview

Arduous process. Lengthy. Expect multiple interviews, beginning with a phone or Face Time interview with a recruiter that asks you scenario questions. Then, you move on to the store interview, and prepare for a panel. They are more interested if you "fit in." The process can drag on, and if you're lucky, you get a second interview and maybe a third and maybe a job.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time when you delivered world-class customer service, and another time when you failed to meet the customer's expectations."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Just, "here's the salary."

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in April 2012.

Interview

A lot of phone calls, emails and a lot of meetings.

Interview Questions

• When were you faced with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it? What can you contribute to the team? After the answer they followup with: Please explain more. Then they will say How do you mean?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Tigard, OR).

Interview

I had three interviews at Apple. My first one was a group panel interview. There were about 6 people applying for the job, and 3 managers interviewing us. The second interview was a phone interview, and the third and final interview was a one on one interview in person. The process took about 1.5 months in total but was totally worth it.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging questions that I was asked during the interview was regarding my plans to make the Creative training team great. It was a fairly young team, so I had to really think on my feet for this one since I didn't have a lot of content or experience to draw from. Unlike most other interviews that I have gone through, Apples interview questions are not typical interview questions. They actually sit down and get to know the applicants, not just ask canned questinos.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary about 5% more than was offered. I was already coming in pretty high at the top end of the allotted HR range for annual pay (even though the position was hourly).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Roseville, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Overall the interview process was simular to others referenced -my one concern was the time lag between mt second interview (face to face) and any contact. I called, with no response at least half a dozen times and never got a return call or answer. My final communication was a very generic, bland email. Very disappointing.

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I did a group interview with 20 other people. It was very intense and very competitive. You have to find a way to stand out in a group interview. The most important thing is to remain calm and not to act nervous. That is the kiss of death in Apple!

Interview Questions

• Apple says...."Tell us of a time that you...." Come prepared!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for more money right when you start. The raises are very very small. Be willing to bargain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Bakersfield, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The first part of the interview process was actually a phone interview. This dealt with my background information, a lot of what is listed on my resume, but gave me a chance to really explain where I came from and where I was heading. This lasted about 15-20 minutes and ended with me being able to ask questions that I had. My main questions at that point where how the interview was going to proceed, what else I would need to prepare for, and the like.

The second interview was a face to face interview with two people at a time. One of these individuals was who I already interviewed with over the phone, and the other an area manager. Partway through the interview, the phone interviewer switched with another area manager, and I was left to answer questions with them. Many of the questions are "What did you do in a situation where..." sort of questions. Most of these were retail/customer service oriented but some also dealt with how I dealt with creative problem solving and technical savvy. This interview lasted about 45 minutes and I was warned ahead of time it would not last longer than an hour. Additionally I had been asked to bring copies of my resume to this interview as well as a copy of my portfolio.

The third and final interview was unusual in that it was conducted via Facetime. This position was for a store not in my local area and so for the 2nd interview I had traveled on my own dime to get there. There were some scheduling conflicts on Apple's end of things that prevented me from meeting one key person and so the extra interview was scheduled (my 2nd should have been final). As I could not travel again, I basically begged them to let me have another phone interview or suggested the Facetime route. I'm not entirely sure why this company hasn't jumped on that idea sooner, but I digress...

The final interview was much like the 2nd where I was asked "What did you do" situation questions and was given time to ask my own questions. Apple is extremely hush hush about things and so the questions that I really wanted answered they had to hedge around, however politely. All in all, this interview was more of a formality to give me some facetime (sorry) with this other manager I'd not yet met. It lasted about 15 minutes.

Every time I was told a specific time frame in which I would be contacted and only by the end was that not met. I'm assuming that means that if you hear back when you should, you are being considered, otherwise, keep looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging technical problem you've been faced with and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Like everyone else said. It was a group interview. They showed a video on the company. Ask you to do some presentations (individually and in groups). Then they do a group interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe RAM to a 70 year old man?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I went to a group interview and we were shown a few videos about the apple style. After that we did some situation role play and talked about why us for apple. Still waiting for the one to one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be an asset for apple   1 Answer