Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,232 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had a phone interview and talked a lot about my portfolio projects. They were more interested in specific engineering challenges that I faced when building my projects. Asked some technical questions about manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Show me the back of an iPhone and asked me how it might have been manufactured.   9 Answers

Firmware QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1 phone call interviews than on-site. On the on-site interview, I talked to 7 different interviewers, I found out that there was no coding interview at all. I got an offer in three to four weeks. Overall, personality check was very important.

Interview Questions

• What is the recent bug you found, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The initial hiring process is a multi step interview, depending on position it can be either 3 or 4 steps. With the sales side it was 3, but for technical support it was 4 steps. Steps usually go as follows people person, lead or person of power, store manager, then finally district manager.

Interview Questions

• Which pieces of technology do you use on a regular basis?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Application online

Go through several rounds of interviews with different levels of management.
    They start with the hiring manager and up to store and market leaders.

All group interviews; didn't get an individual one.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to provide feedback to an employee/co-worker.   Answer Question

Wireless Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

2 telephonic technical interviews on 5G/LTE, MIMO, etc. It went well. Second interviewer called 2 hours late. He rushed the interview and told me that he will discuss about my projects more on-site. 2 weeks after that recruiter sent me an email telling the feedback was positive but team felt at this time my background does not fit with the role.
    Better luck next time I guess.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions and cross-questions were asked from the resume.
      drawbacks of OFDM, etc.   1 Answer

AppleCare At-Home Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

submitted my application and kept it up to date. It took me about 2.5 years before I got a call from a recruiter.
    I had a first skype call with her on camera
    A week later an interview with an area and team manager over skype
    2 weeks later was told I was chosen.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer who refuses to troubleshoot to resolve an issue?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Long but proper interviews to ensure everyone has the same goals or intentions .. questions like why apple? What makes you different ? Which days are you available to work ? When can you start? Experience ?

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview then onsite interview. Phone was pretty easy and onsite included only one coding interview . I did not enjoy the onsite, people were not very friendly. The overall experience was average

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2019.

Interview

Over a month after applying I received an invitation for a phone interview. The questions were standard introductory interview questions. I was told on the spot I was through to the next round and was sent an invitation.

Next stage; the Hiring event. There were about 20 us. We each introduced ourselves, watched some videos about Apple and was given a chance to ask questions (make sure you do). Broke off into groups and were individually asked “tell me a time” questions. You get an opportunity to ask questions at the end, make sure you have some ready, don’t go overboard. Dress code is “smart casual” but I wore suit pants, a blazer, a patterned shirt and boots.

I received a successful email and attended a one-on-one in-store interview with the hiring manager. Whilst waiting I spoke to some staff who told me Apple advertise job vacancies and hold Hiring Events every 2 weeks whether they are looking to actually hire people or not (interesting). This interview centred around working history and customer interactions, make sure you have some situations ready to recall in your head. I also had to relay my entire job history/responsibilities off the top of my head so just be familiar with your resume. Have some questions ready to ask the interviewer. It went well and I was invited back for a fourth interview.

The fourth interview was focused around your future. A hint: if they ask you where you want to go in life or what your goal is, do NOT say anything else except something about being at Apple! Turns out they don’t like you going elsewhere. I spoke here about what diseases I wanted to cure, surgeries I wanted to perform, patients I wanted to help etc. (I’m studying to be a doctor) and that turned out to be a big mistake. Keep it entirely Apple focused. The interviewer seemed genuinely interested/excited in my future endeavours however…
    3 days later I received an automated rejection response (lovely, after completing a months worth of interviews). I replied asking for feedback, and a day later received yet another automated response (lovely x2) saying feedback will not be given due to the immense amount of candidates, despite the fact I made it down to the final 3.
    A side note: despite having up to 8 interviews, you get paid minimum retail wage just like everyone else

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?
      Why do you want to work for Apple?
      Tell me a time your work day didn't go to plan
      Tell me a time you had to try something new
      What were all of your previous jobs and the responsibilities you had there?
      How did you handle a negative situation at work? (use the word "empathy" here)
      What is your ultimate goal in life?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Long! Be patient it's not you they're just cautious about cultural fit and honesty in what you communicate. You will meet lot's of important people along the interview trail who you will work with again - so turns out to be useful.

Design Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in July 2017.

Interview

A phone screening with the recruiter and an interview with hiring manager. The hiring manager asked about a few projects and asked the details on the process. The projects were less related to the team’s product yet the hiring manager showed great interest during the interview process.