Apple Creative (Apple Store) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Creative (Apple Store) Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was rather quick for myself, however I have seen the process take a while for many others as well. It is incredibly difficult to get into the job if you don't fit the current culture of that store.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out, but if I had to choose one it would be, How long do you plan to be with the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unemployed at the time, and just happy to work, but the compensation was already better than most spots I applied at, so no negotiation needed

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Interview

Arduous process. Lengthy. Expect multiple interviews, beginning with a phone or Face Time interview with a recruiter that asks you scenario questions. Then, you move on to the store interview, and prepare for a panel. They are more interested if you "fit in." The process can drag on, and if you're lucky, you get a second interview and maybe a third and maybe a job.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time when you delivered world-class customer service, and another time when you failed to meet the customer's expectations."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Just, "here's the salary."

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in April 2012.

Interview

A lot of phone calls, emails and a lot of meetings.

Interview Questions

• When were you faced with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it? What can you contribute to the team? After the answer they followup with: Please explain more. Then they will say How do you mean?   Answer Question

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

A group interview with around 30 people.
    First the recruiters introduce Apple, showing you videos of what has made the company so successful, and how many stores they have a round the world. They then ask around the room if anyone has 'any ideas on what has made Apple stores succesful, and why this is.

The next stage of the interview is in smaller groups of 5-6, with each group given a customer profile. With the customer profile, you work in groups to suggest an apple product that would suit them.

The final stage is roleplay. Each person takes it in turns to act as either the employee and customer. The recruiters give the customer a scenario, and the two candidates act it out. The onus is on the 'employee' to ask questions to find out what the candidate needs, and to suggest a solution to their problem.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The interview is more a personality test, to see if you can provide good customer service, whilst being friendly.   Answer Question

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I went into the store to ask about what the hiring process looked like, and they told me to submit my resume online. I got an email to attend a group hiring session, and was invited back for a 1:1. Then I got the job offer. A lot of correspondence was through email.

Interview Questions

• There were not difficult or unexpected questions. Just the normal, give me an example of a time you had to give or receive feedback. How did you turn a negative customer experience into a positive one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for an obscene wage in the interview. What they offered was great, and I was happy.

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (London, England (UK)) in December 2010.

Interview

Interview in 2005 - Meticulous and lengthy - many phone calls, group sessions, role playing, individual activities. The interview was a whole day of activities involving individual tasks and group ones designed to show how you interact with a team. there were also many role playing tasks.

There was then a telephone interview with the store manager which was followed up by more questions via email. I was then sent a job offer and had another telephone call to talk through the particulars before accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were instrumental in solving a problem that changed somebody's life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was not negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Paramus, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

I had 3 interviews and was hired quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was low, but they increased my offer based on my previous career experience.

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Tigard, OR).

Interview

I had three interviews at Apple. My first one was a group panel interview. There were about 6 people applying for the job, and 3 managers interviewing us. The second interview was a phone interview, and the third and final interview was a one on one interview in person. The process took about 1.5 months in total but was totally worth it.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging questions that I was asked during the interview was regarding my plans to make the Creative training team great. It was a fairly young team, so I had to really think on my feet for this one since I didn't have a lot of content or experience to draw from. Unlike most other interviews that I have gone through, Apples interview questions are not typical interview questions. They actually sit down and get to know the applicants, not just ask canned questinos.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary about 5% more than was offered. I was already coming in pretty high at the top end of the allotted HR range for annual pay (even though the position was hourly).

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Bethesda, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

there were 5 stages, the first was a "hiring event", this included 25 or so ppl, if you made it through that, you you'd have to meet with management 3-4 times. for approx 30 mins each, and talk formally informally about your self, answering questions as they arise.

Interview Questions

• as always, "where do you see your self in 5 years"   1 Answer

Negotiation

i have no experience with negotiations, and did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Roseville, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Overall the interview process was simular to others referenced -my one concern was the time lag between mt second interview (face to face) and any contact. I called, with no response at least half a dozen times and never got a return call or answer. My final communication was a very generic, bland email. Very disappointing.