Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,759 Interview Reviews

PD Interview

Interview

It starts with a phone interview with a recruiter and then to the team. If it goes well, you'll be invited on site for a whole day interview. Pretty typical I would say.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA).

Interview

2 phone interviews + 1 on site. Common sense questions + few technical questions during phone interviews. Mostly technical during on-site. Mechanics (bending theory etc), GD&T based questions. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• Properties of common materials, BM and shear stress etc   Answer Question

RCC Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The whole process lasted around 2.5 months. I started with a phone interview that led to an in person panel interview (3 people from the team). The questions were a combo of behavioral questions. The last interview was in person with the hiring manager himself.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked if I thought I'd be able to "handle" the rigors of knowing that I had to park in the same parking spot and be "on time" regularly. I have to admit that this question came off a little offensive since I was prepared and early for all interviews. Either way the question really seemed unprofessional and out of place. Maybe he was just an older guy/old school?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview + 6 round in-office interview -- took about a half a day. I heard back almost immediately. Overall, very positive -- half analytical half behavioral. Met with fellow analysts and also senior finance leadership.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the success of a new marketing program   Answer Question

Interview

Two prescreening interview, then 7 interviews in person back to back. The team was extremely kind and helpful, and the interview process was very smooth. The questions are fair based on the job description.

SQA Interview

Interview

Phone interview asking about past projects and education backgrounds. The interviewer asked some detailed questions about the methods used in my projects and interns. They also have time for me to ask questions. The interview takes around 30 minutes in total.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after interest in a position and then had a few phone interviews with people on a team before I got an offer. So essentially I had a resume screen followed by multiple different technical phone interviews.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Great tour of Apple Campus in Cupertino. Consisting of 5 interviews including a lunch interview. It wasn't a very stressful interview, while I thought I did well, did not receive and offer. Make sure you study up on Apple culture and come prepared with ideas on what to add to the product you are working on.

Interview Questions

• What features would you add to Siri? Several standard system design questions. One leetcode easy question.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

I got my interview through Triplebyte, so the process of getting my on-site interview may be different from others. It consisted of a 30 minute call with a manager to discuss the role and briefly go over my background. My on-site lasted about three hours with seven people, an HR person, a product lead from the team, two team members, the manager I originally had the call with, and finally two more team members. All technical questions were followed up with lots of questions about how I would test the functions.

Interview Questions

• What were some personal projects that challenged you? How did they challenge you? How were they architected? (Be ready for lots of follow up on anything you say)   Answer Question
    • Given a 2-D array, find the average of a sub-array   Answer Question
    • Given a string, determine if the parentheses and brackets are balanced   Answer Question
    • Given two strings, determine if they are anagrams   Answer Question
    • I was also asked how I would approach testing a feature very specific to the team I would be working on, so know the role and think in advance about how you might test features you know they have   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

You walk into the building and a kind sir escorts you to the waiting area and you sit down with 2 individuals who ask you questions relating to your behavior. There were also a few tech programming questions

Interview Questions

• How many challenges have you encountered in your academic and personal life and how have they helped you grow as a learner.   1 Answer