Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,965 Interview Reviews

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

1) You walk in and they tell you to wait in the corner of the store with the other interviewees
    2) An employee takes you over to tables outside of the store and briefs you on what the interview will be like (be yourself, don’t just tell the interviewers what you think they want to hear)
    3) The interviewers come, explain the process. They’ll ask each person to go around in order and introduce themselves (name, what you do now, why apple). Then, the questions that follow are asked to the group in general, in no particular order; try to be the first to answer a question at least once.
    4) At the end, they’ll ask for your resume and hand you a sheet where you fill out your availability and ask if you have any questions. They say they’ll try to get back to everyone within 24-48 hours. I just had mine today so i’m waiting for a callback.

Tips: BE. YOUR. SELF. Even after the employee briefed my group on not just “telling the interviewers what we think they want to hear,” people still gave long-winded, cookie cutter answers and focused way too much on trying to impress the interviewers. If they ask you who your favorite super hero is, they aren’t interested in what you pick, but WHY you picked it. You can be honest; you don’t have to make up a reason, but you need to explain it in such a way that they can gain insight into your personality or strengths.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite super hero and why?   Answer Question
    • Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • Most profound customer service experience/why?   Answer Question
    • Favorite Apple product and why?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel when you walk into the store/what distinguishes it from other retail stores?   Answer Question
    • What is something you learned about Apple that you didn’t know before as you prepared for this interview (or something you’ve read)   Answer Question
    • What makes you the most qualified for this role/why do you think this is a good fit for you?   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Portland, ME).

Interview

The interview process was quite lengthy. It consisted of four different interviews of me. The first was a group interview, then one with a manager, then with one of the senior managers, the final was with the store and market leaders. I enjoyed the process because I got to meet many of my superiors before even working there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Apple?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple in December 2017.

Interview

I finally received an offer from Apple and thought it was only fair to share my experience on this site since it help me prepare for my interviews. I believe the most difficult part from the whole process is actually being offered an interview. They have to go through hundreds of submissions, and even if you are well qualified, your application can get lost in the bunch.My advice is to keep your profile updated and resubmit your application after a few months if you have yet to get an interview. The interviews were really relaxed and not really structured like your usual interviews. My first interview was with a store leader and 4 other candidates; this interview took outside the store. We introduced ourselves and then answer a situational question (STAR format). My advised is to stay engaged, offer to answer first, and listen to the other candidates. The Store Leader also talked about the positions that the store offers. Keep in mind that the position that you apply for may not be the one you end up with. After that, we filled a sheet with basic information along with our skill level with Apple product and services, and our availability. We were told that we will hear back by Friday (interview was on Wednesday). They are terrible at following through with call back timeframes and I would suggest asking the interviewer if they have an email in which you can get in touch with the recruiter just in case you don't hear back from by the given timeframe. I got called back a week later and was offered a one-on-one interview with another interview. This was a very laid back interview, very conversational, again with STAR format interview questions. Remember to answer with a specific situation and its outcome, not what you would do if you were in that situation. After this interview, I didn't hear back until a month later to schedule a third interview with another Store Leader. My third interview was basically the same as the rest. However, during this interview I was asked what position was interested in. She said she would see that positions were available, which puzzled me. But I think they want to have someone available as soon as a position becomes available. She told me that if they decide to move along with me, my fourth and final interview would be with the District Leader. I didn't hear back until a month later, offering me fourth interview. The interview with the District Leader was very laid back as well. I think all of these interviews are for the other Store Leaders to meet you and to see if you would be a good fit. The District Leader apologized for the long process and told me that it would not take as long to hear back to see if I would receive an offer or not. It took a month for the recruiter to reach back to me to offer me a position. It was an overall easy interview, however I would suggest to practice your answers with a friend or by yourself to see how prepared you are. They are mostly like "Tell me a time you _________; how did you resolve it?". These questions are to see how good you are at handling different situations. I was not asked any questions on Apple products or services, they don't care about that. They will teach you that during training. They want you to be a customer service oriented person. They want to know that you will be able to take care of their customers. However you may be asked how you like a specific product that they see in your possession. Again, easy interview, but inaccurate callback timeframes. If you are not a patient person, you might want to ask how you can follow-up if you don't receive a call back by the date they give you.

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Harlingen, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter to schedule an interview. It is for a work from home position, so I had to download hireview to my computer and make sure I had a quiet room in my home to interview. The first interview was pretty brief and easy going. I wrote down specific answers in advance so I was prepared. The second interview was intense. I had to video chat with 2 managers at the same time and bounced back and forth answering interview questions from both. I had to role play during video chat. I was asked about what I thought the job entailed and how I would fit into the position. If I would be available for the training and normal business hours of operation. In the end, I was not chosen for the position. I would reccomend hardwiring your computer to your internet connection and have a headset or headphones to use during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How have you prepared for this role/position?   Answer Question
    • Describe in detail an occasion where you had to multitask?   1 Answer
    • Describe in detail a time you took ownership of a customers issue?   Answer Question
    • What was something you disliked about your previous job?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with an unruly customer?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter for a program manager role. I mentioned that I will not be the right fit. She forwarded my profile to Product Management recruiter who set me up for phone screening. Got feedback within 2 days for availability for on-site interview. After setting up the on-site the recruiter kept calling everyday till the day of interview in the name of 'prepping me for the interview'. On the day of interview met 6 people. 2 PMs, program manager (Will get to this in a bit), Business development manager, 1 engineering manager and Hiring manager.

Two interviews need special mention. Let me start with the program manager she started the interview by saying 'I've never interviewed a Product Manager before' and it showed in her questions. To make up for her lack of interviewing skill, she carried a wrong attitude through out the interview .

Another PM was only interested in Apple stock price. He was checking the stock price every 5 mins during the interview. Eventually we spoke only about apple stock and market fluctuation.

Was told by the recruiter that they would get back in 2-3 days. Dropped an email after 5 days, did not get any reply. Meanwhile got an offer from another company. After a week called recruiter from my number - no answer. Tried few times to reach by email and phone still no reply. 10 days passed and it was total silence. Called her from a different number and the recruiter answered immediately. It was totally unprofessional and did not expect it from company like Apple. I was told that the team is still debating whether I would be a fit. I made the decision easier for them and gave the recruiter some feedback about the process. Have interviewed at few other companies this was by far the worst.

Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Hoover, AL) in December 2017.

Interview

Taking place inside the Apple store, it was a group interview in which two Apple Store managers had us pass around a tablet and select one of six surprise questions listed on the tablet screen for a total of 4 rounds. The day after the interview, I received the email informing me that I had not been accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to give something up for someone else. What did that feel like?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had a disagreement with a customer. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple in December 2017.

Interview

met the recruiter on campus, one technical phone interview was conducted with the hiring manager. The phone interview was about 30 min long but didn't hear back from the team

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview, held with about 8 other people. Whoever did well got a follow up interview. My second interview was with the manger herself, now what i noticed from the start was that surprisingly she was unprepared. She called me by a totally different name, and to follow that up during my interview she was on her phone and then went to take a call and left me alone for a solid 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If i were to ask someone about you whats the best thing they would say?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was emailed by a team manager to schedule a phone screen and completed 3 total phone screens, two of which were non-technical. The third phone screen was lightly technical.

Interview Questions

• What technologies are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for applying to a conference. Scheduled a phone interview that week. I thought I did well, but I never heard back. I emailed the recruiter back-- no response.