Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,761 Interview Reviews

PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

I went to a conference, stood in a line and spoke with someone for two minutes. I was invited back and had a generic interview that would guide where I should be placed. Was under the impression the person liked me but I didn't hear anything back.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

You walk into the building and a kind sir escorts you to the waiting area and you sit down with 2 individuals who ask you questions relating to your behavior. There were also a few tech programming questions

Interview Questions

• How many challenges have you encountered in your academic and personal life and how have they helped you grow as a learner.   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online and also had a referral. The HR recruiter reached out via email and I eventually spoke over the phone with the hiring manager. During my phone call with the hiring manager, I was invited for an on-site interview but there was so much back and forth and I ended up talking to 2 other people on the team, which dragged on for 1.5 months. There was quite a bit of mixed communication indicating that they would reach back out and start interviewing once a key team member returned in a few months, but then they ultimately continued the interview process without the team member and invited me for a virtual on-site. After having a conducted a total of 15 interviews, including 11 virtual on-site interviews, 4 months later, I was given a copy/paste rejection email from the HR. I don't mind the sheer number of interviews but their poor communication and mixed information about what to expect screams disorganization and demonstrates a lack of respect for candidates.

Interview Questions

• There were many technical questions (detailed questions about research methods) and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone interview to make sure you are real and then meet with the store manager to be asked a series of questions and also meet other current employees while grasping the feel of the environment and culture.

Genius Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

There are multiple interviews, with different leaders at a given location. The process takes multiple days, and they maintain contact throughout. They ask questions that determine your thought process and how you handle specific situations, not necessarily questions relating to specific tasks to be done for the job you are applying.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation where you couldn't give an immediate answer   Answer Question

Scanner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (Arlington, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

there was a typing test that had to be taken as well as assessment test which I scored very well on, the next day I had to go take a drug test or screen, a background test was also required

Interview Questions

• my ability to multi task, and to be able to sit for periods of time   1 Answer
    • being professional at work   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Rochester, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Arrived 15 minutes early for group interview with one other individual, met with interview at and walked to a nearby sitting area in the mall where we conducted the interview. My interview was really laid back and made the process a lot less anxiety-inducing as it already was. A week after that interview I got an email asking to come in for a final interview with Store Leader and Market Leader, which is tomorrow. (Doing now to unlock more reviews)

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online and then the recruiter sent me an email to discus
    Later they set up a phone interview. Overall the interviewer discussed about the role and what they're expecting . I did my best to answer all the questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my project and how I cope with pressure   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Recruiter was very responsive. Contacted through LinkedIn, got a phone call in one week for technical interview and on-site interview the following week. Surprisingly I did not meet the manager I spoke on phone. Young guys asked smart questions and intelligent but team leads/managers(40s 50s) were kind of rude and doesn’t show interest when explaining my projects. They only ask what they come prepared and no idea on other areas of power electronics like AC/DC, DC/AC, PFC etc (Well they didn’t come for an interview). For a bit I was worried how my life would be under these kind of managers. Hope my experience and interview questions helps someone to prep well.

Interview Questions

• Lot of analog electronics questions. Apple doesn’t care what your work experience is if it is not DCDC converters.

Draw Buck converter and derive transfer function, waveforms(inductor current, Vout etc), why NFET why not PFET, difference between high side and low side shunt, how frequency of converter effects inductor sizing   Answer Question
    • Circuit with lots of voltage, current sources and derive particular node voltage   1 Answer
    • Digital electronics
      Input with one frequency and sample with another frequency, what is the output DFM(discrete Fourier transform)   Answer Question
    • Draw a cuboid with resistors connected between every node (12 resistors) and find equivalent resistor between two nodes.   1 Answer
    • Draw capacitor charging and discharging curves. Effect of inductance in discharging curve. Energy conservation between two capacitors connected in parallel when continuously switched   Answer Question
    • How do you place components on PCB. Draw on board. Draw Non inverting amplifier with gain 50   Answer Question
    • High level diagram of over voltage control on buck converter. PI controller, lag lead compensators   Answer Question
    • Draw switching characteristics of MOSFET( VGS, VDS, ID). Effect of cdv/dt   1 Answer
    • LC network, calculate corner frequency, magnitude and phase at Fc with input of 1V p-p   Answer Question
    • Hot swapping   Answer Question

Product Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

On campus two 30 mins interview. Asked two short technical questions during the first and one long technical question during the second interview. The questions were from mechanics of material and mechanical design.

Interview Questions

• Related to beam deflection - comparison between two beams and finding total deflection of a beam.   Answer Question