Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,026 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I responded to a job offer on the Apple website posting a resume and a short cover letter.

2/3 days after a recruiter from Apple contacted me via email telling me my profile was interesting.

He mailed me a coding exercise I had to do for the week after. I had to implement a small C program from precise instructions. The test involved slightly complicated algorithms and easy data structures handling.

About 1 week after I completed the test I had two similar phone interview with engineers that lasted under 45 minutes each. We talked about my previous work experiences, how work at Apple is and I was asked several technical question mostly about algorithms.

A few days after the recruiter told me I was to come to Cupertino (from France, where I live) to have a full day of on site interviews. The timeline for my recruitment was tight because of Visa deadline, so the interviews had to take place quickly. They finally told me the timeframe was to short to organize on site interviews so we did them through iChat instead. With the time difference the interview took place during the night for me.

I talked with 6 or 7 different engineers from the team the position was a part of among them was my 2 previous interviewers. Each interview was very technical with subject ranging from data structures to graph theory, computationnal geometry and spatial reasonning. I code stuffs and draw schematics on shared documents. Needless to say, with the last interview ending at 3am, I was really tired ! I was quite bad during this session. A few hours after I got a mail telling me I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Having two distinct very large ordered array of values, find the mean value of the two arrays.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I did an initial phone interview where we discussed general technology, I presume this was to make certain they weren't wasting their time. They then followed up with on-site interviews for which I was flown out and put up in a very nice hotel. The interviews lasted from 9am-3pm in 45 minute increments, each with a different person. Each person was different, some wanted me to do specific programming problems others just wanted to talk about my experience. Overall the stress level wasn't too high, and I wasn't asked to do anything overly complex.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that traverses a binary tree   1 Answer
    • Write an array map function in Ruby and again in Javascript.   Answer Question
    • Given the following struct how much memory is require to store it in a 32-bit and 64-bit system?

struct A {
        char t;
        char *t;
      }   6 Answers

Negotiation

I was blown away by the offer, and did not negotiate. I often wonder if I could of gotten more, but I am happy with my initial offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, both focused on solving programming problems

Interview Questions

• Write a recursive function to determine prime number   7 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

HR/Manager interview went well, in person. Had phone technical interview where guy was asking obscure database terminology about implementations done 5 years ago.

Interview Questions

• What database applications have you implemented in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Interview was standard. Team was extremely nice and they did warn ahead of time that I do not show up in a suit. Enviornment was on par with Apple's retail store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview wasn't hard. Easy person to talk to.
    First asked me general questions like why do you want to work at Apple? Whats your favorite Apple product? Describe a situation in which you failed and how you handled it.
    Then he asked me a few questions about Git.

Overall I thought the interview went fine but didn't end up getting it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

General computer science questions. Included things about command line, data structures, basics C/c++ terminology.

Interview Questions

• How do you change permissions of a file from the terminal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had three interviews, the first one was to see if knew basic Objective-C and to hear a little about my background. The second interview was with my future mentor, he asked me about my views of Apple and some technical Objective-C/iOS dev questions. My future mentor then had a entry level engineer interview me to verify that I knew as much about iOS dev as i claimed to know.
    About a week after my last interview I received an email stating I got the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate, the offer was way higher than what I expected.
    Advice: If you are lucky enough to get the opportunity to intern at Apple take it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

had a phone screen and group phone interview. it was cake. had to answer a couple questions about C, javascript, jquery, python. very smooth.

Interview Questions

• How would you diagnose a buffer overflow?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Apple found me through LinkedIn and contacted me for a position. I had two phone interviews and then they flew me out to San Jose for a day of interviews. I met with the recruiter, my future boss, my future bosses boss and my future bosses bosses boss as well as four other engineers. There were technical questions, in each of the engineers interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me an offer and I accepted (I had been out of work for 9 months and this was my first offer so I took it)