Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,964 Interview Reviews

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone technical interview. It was brief and simple, but decently technical. I was asked a lot about manual testing, such as what is a test case? What's the difference between verification and validation? Why is manual testing important?

Interview Questions

• What is the most important component of a bug report?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Lansing, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I arrived promptly at the store. I was told to wait. I waited over ten minutes. I was told the interviewer was down the street at a coffee shop. I went to the coffee shop and found the other two people that were interviewing with me, making nervous small talk. The interviewer showed up ten minutes later. He asked several questions and the other interviewers often cut me off.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

First was a group interview, not super stressful. next was a interview with the store leader and last was an interview with the flagship leader. Overall it took about two weeks The questions asked weren't hard. Knowing the APPLE steps of service helps and who Tim Cook is but I forgot to name Tim Cook and still got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Got an email through employee referral asking to pick a date for an event interview. The interview was group based and there were two others with me, but they weren't necessarily applying for the same position. The interviewer asked for our availability, and then asked us to introduce ourselves and give some hobbies/passions etc. Afterwards, around three interview styled questions were asked and we all took turns giving our answers. No technical knowledge questions were asked, instead it seems that Apple is mostly interested in friendly/sociable people that are able to speak coherently... at least for the first interview. Just received a call asking for a 2nd interview, around a week after the first.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Nashville, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview was a group interview. Five people were being interviewed. Second interview was with a store leader and a department leader as well. Questions began generically (describe a time when blank, when is the last time you had to deal with blank, etc.) and progressed into more job related questions (how comfortable are you with this product, have you ever worked in a customer-based environment before, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you felt pressure to fulfill a goal and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

A group interview with five other people. It lasted about 40 minutes and barely gave anyone the opportunity to really give a good indication of their skills, or reasons for applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Trumbull, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

Went to an interview back in October 2017. I met with one other candidate and two managers (hiring I think.) Interview was at like 8am at a mall that wasn’t even open yet. First interview was easy. Pick a question off an iPad (figures) and they were random so neither of us got the same question.

They called me about 2 hours after interview to tell me how excited they were about me and wanted me to come back the next day to meet their store manager. That interview was a group interview and it went well too. They invited me back two more times with a two other managers. Also went well.
    Total of 4 interviews to find out that location wasn’t hiring!!!!

I was disappointed to say the least- I didn’t hear from them up until March 2018 saying a position had opened up but was only PT. Even at 18.50 an hour, 26 hours a week will not pay for my rent. So unfortunately I had to turn the position down.

Bottom line: Make sure you’re not unemployed when applying for this job because you will be waiting on the fence wondering what’s going on...

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in November 2017.

Interview

You'll do about 3-4 interviews before getting the job offer. Every question they ask for is to determine if you will fit in the Apple environment. It is a relaxed setting and you have to do some research before going to the interview. It takes a long time because you have to continuously schedule interviews.

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

My interviewer called me by phone and talked for a little over half an hour. He was pretty casual. Went over some things on my resume, then asked me some logic questions and questions relating to engineering courses.

Interview Questions

• If you are standing in a boat with a heavy rock and drop it into the water, does the water level rise or fall?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Facetime interview. Very unprofessional. One person was at home, other had a big stain on her shirt. Was inferred I was too old and over qualified for the the position and would be bored.