Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,761 Interview Reviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cleveland, OH) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview and hiring process was smooth. Just like their products. Once the application was submitted, it didn't take long to get a message back. A quick phone screen and then off to the races.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in January 2020.

Interview

Applied via school job posting system. Received an email around two weeks after applying to the job. Did one phone interview with hiring manager for around 30 mins, and got rejected two weeks later.

Intern - Monthly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple in January 2020.

Interview

Met a recruiter during an Apple networking event at my university. Did a 30 minute interview with the same recruiter later that day. He first went over the experiences on my resume and then asked me several question on design and basic mechanical engineering principles

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Atlanta, GA) in January 2020.

Interview

Um...there’s so much to say about apple, honestly. The only company I know that’ll take you through a series of interviews, keep you anxious, & have you anticipating their responses for days (or in some cases weeks), just to reject you or say nothing at all when it’s all said and done. Excitement turned sour, quick. Whoever came up with their interview process was the least bit considerate of the applicants time. Im pretty sure I can speak for the vast majority of people that apply & dont get hired when I say I’d prefer a fast no, rather than a slow, highly anticipated one (or in my case, no response at all). I’m sure Apple is a great company to work for (hence, why I applied) but Apple sucks for their interviewing process. Don’t be quick to get your hopes high just because you make it another round, it can be a no at any time they decide it’s a no. I was 3 interviews in & stopped hearing from them all together.

Interview Questions

• Just scroll down through the responses on glassdoor. They are accurate in the questions posted. All customer scenario based.   Answer Question
    • Why Apple?   1 Answer

ASIC Layout Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

3 rounds, 2 phone rounds not too technical one 4hr on-site with 6 people. Was very interested in the team's work. They worked on ADCs with Verilog AMS for digital and Virtuoso layout for analog parts. Had a great experience interviewing with Apple, especially the team. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

• About my understanding of layout tools, the environment and fluency on the design flow.   1 Answer

Frontend Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied through their jobs site and was contacted by a recruiter after 2 weeks for 2 Interviews.

The recruiters and interviewers were very nice but quite disorganized. I was told my first interview would be technical but it was actually a standard phone screening for culture/role fit. Then the recruiters changed and the second interview was scheduled without informing/confirming with me. They apologized and rescheduled, confirming the day of the interview, and I was then told by the recruiter that this would be a "high level" technical interview and didn't need a coderpad link. However, the interviewer (who was filling in for a team member) told me that this wasn't the case and conducted a tough coding challenge that I failed.

I chose a negative experience despite no resentment to anyone involved but because I ultimately felt like I was setup to fail through lack of communication between the team and recruiters. I wasted time by first over preparing for the wrong type of interview and then under preparing for a technical interview that was tougher than what is standard, especially for over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Build a tic tac toe game that accepts two player input, validates input, and checks for end of game condition. Two dimensional array is provided for x and y positions.   1 Answer

Low Power Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

I talked to the HR for 15 minutes and then had 6 rounds of which 5 technical rounds lasted for 45 minutes each and one of them was a lunch interview which was 45 minutes of lunch and general questions related to the job with the hiring manager and then a tech round for 45 minutes.

AppleVision Interview

Application

Interview

The Apple team has come to college and after talking to them, I was invited for a 30 min interview. I am still waiting for the result. But it was a nice experience.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

I had two different interviews. The first was a group interview and it had a total of 10 people, splitting us into groups of 5. Each group had an interviewer and every person would take turns answering the question. After only 25 minutes we collected our resumes and we left the building. I got an email saying I would move to the next round and a phone call to schedule my next interview.

I went to my second interview location and it was really packed. My first interviewer was a shift lead. Because we were talking in an apple store, we sat in a room that had seats, but was still very loud. If you're in a situation like this, you NEED to speak up. The interviewer is tired because they've been conducting interviews all day so speaking softly will not be a good impression. My interviewer asked pretty standard questions and then he moved me forward to his manager who then offered me the position on the spot. We did the paperwork and that was it! Very fast paced once you get past the hiring event stage.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and what was the most recently fun thing you did?   4 Answers
    • Why apple?   1 Answer
    • What's your favorite apple product and how would you promote it?   2 Answers
    • Describe a time when someone went above and beyond for you?   1 Answer
    • What's your favorite feature of an apple product?   2 Answers

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Can take a couple months but just be yourself. They can see past a fake persona. Have experience in customer service and try to engage with other people who are also being interviewed as well.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you were to enter a problematic costumer engagement, how would you go about resolving it?   Answer Question