Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,033 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Very friendly interview with questions about background and recent projects. No technical questions at all, he made the process very smooth. My experience was not suitable with what they are looking for so didn't go through second round, but very nice guy interviewed me, hope all interviews are like that.

Interview Questions

• details about projects you worked on, and tough moments going through them   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews with various managers and team members. Friendly and surprisingly unorthodox compared to the run of the mill European software houses I was accustomed to. Persistently follows you up. Company seems to have an interesting mix of talent, and seems to seek people who aren't necessarily pure engineers.

Interview Questions

• Was asked why my blog was spanned such a wide range of subject over a short time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

They saw an application that I wrote on my website and offered me an internship. I worked on some of their smaller profile projects for a year until they offered me a full time job.

I don't remember the questions being very difficult although it was a while ago. I think at Apple, they are really looking for something different about each person. For me, they saw an app I wrote and released when I was 13 and they thought I might be useful. For others, it may be different.

Interview Questions

• You have a 100 coins laying flat on a table, each with a head side and a tail side. 10 of them are heads up, 90 are tails up. You can't feel, see or in any other way find out which side is up. Split the coins into two piles such that there are the same number of heads in each pile.   35 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

My manager asked me about the projects in my resume.
    He wanted the intern to have programming skills and understanding of information security.
    He did not ask many questions about the syntax.
    I thought he would like the candidate to show the learning ability and enthusiasm for the work.
    That was my first interview. It was unforgettable because it changed my life.

Interview Questions

• It is a question about metadata.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process was straight and technical, people were very good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruiter invited onsite directly for a recruiting event. No phone screen. Meet 6~7 interviewer. The most impressive are the coordination of the seamless process. The recruiters make sure that you have a bathroom or water break between sessions. As a candidate I felt I was well taken care of. The hiring managers and engineers are also very well prepared, and they are all very passionate about what they are doing. It was a great experience for me although no offer in the end.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions, design questions. No much behavioral question. All the coding questions are not algorithmically challenging, but they are not easy to write bug free.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

One HR interview, Two technical interviews (all by phone)
    On the content :
    HR:
    Basic stuff (availability, motivations)
    Technical
    On the technical side, they are not specific at all and try to make you lead the discussion. they ask very general questions and hope you to understand what they mean. They are also waiting for you to say something inaccurate, so be sure not to say anything wrong or they will push on that.

Interview Questions

• describe the process of an interaction on a web page button from the click to the response   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

On site interview from 10 AM to 5 PM. In total there were about 6 interviews for an hour each, and an hour lunch at 1 infinite loop. Interviewers were very fair and had a conversational demeanor. Apple paid to fly me out to CA and covered all of my expenses.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism?
      How could you approximate a non-linear function with only multiplication and additions.
      Techniques for allocating static and dynamic memory.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Pros:

Recruiters get in touch almost immediately.

You can interview with multiple teams at once ..independently ..uh well, read cons below.

Response time is almost always good.

Cons - welcome to reality:

I had couple of phone interviews with 2 of the teams and one with the third.

Both interviews with the first 2 teams went way beyond excellent, with me answering every single question and having a good and engaging discussion with the interviewer. I am baffled at the outcome - rejected by both teams with no feedback. If they say background is not a fit after 2 rounds of interviews, I do not see why they even had to hold the 2 interviews.

One team got back after first interview saying they want me to come onsite. After giving my availability and almost after 3 weeks, they get back saying they want another phone interview. I agreed. Almost immediately after the phone interview, I was rejected. It is not hard to connect the dots and see that they had made the decision already. Moreover, they asked for another round of interview after the first 2 team rejects. It is again not hard to see that, well, the process of multiple team interviewing is not independent.

One team asked me to code in coderpad.io. The code I wrote was right but the interviewer only used c++ compiler. The same code worked perfect on C compiler. I sent a note after the interview. But guess what, reject anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I was expedited through the process as Apple acquired the company I was going to work for. Apple flew me out for one day of on-site interviews, and I had three 2-1 interviews. There was no effort to get to know me in any of them. Each interview was an hour spent entirely on technical questions covering algorithms and system design.

The first two interviews were not great, but not terrible. I asked a lot of clarifying questions, which seemed to annoy the interviewers more than anything. Weird.

The worst interview I've ever had was the 3rd one, with the two team leads. One of them wrote up a problem on the whiteboard, and then spent the rest of the interview looking bored out of his mind at his phone. His problem was very vague and incomplete as he first asked it, and when I asked questions about it he got frustrated and talked down to me. He would occasionally glance up at my progress (it wasn't a hard problem once the details were worked out) and make a snide remark about what I had written. He expected syntactically perfect whiteboard code, and threw in some expletives for an added bonus. The other interviewer would snicker whenever the first criticized my code. At the end they asked if I had any questions, but every question I asked was met with, "That's confidential." It was definitely the most unprofessional interview I've ever been a part of, and I almost walked out of it because it was clear it was wasting all of our time.

Unfortunately the misery didn't quite end there, as it took Apple three full months (and 13 reminder emails) to reimburse me for the costs I had to pay for cab rides and per diem expenses. I was also never reimbursed for a flight I had to cancel because of the interview timing, but at this point I'm just tired of dealing with them. If possible, try to get Apple to pay up front for as much stuff as possible, because the reimbursement process is a nightmare. My (senior) recruiter had no idea where to even begin with it, which I still don't quite understand.

Interview Questions

• The skyline problem

Given a set of interval tuples, find the longest overlapping interval

Given a huge log file of a web server, find the IP addresses that had exactly 1 request

A network is connected in a line, so that servers can talk only to the servers to their left or right. Servers know if they are the leftmost or rightmost servers. What's a protocol for every server to learn the full topology? How long does it take?   1 Answer