Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,760 Interview Reviews

Web Developer Interview

Interview

We got straight into the technical interview by asking me to write a program on the whiteboard behind me. Later, I was asked about my resume, which they had on hand. I was further asked technical questions about other programming languages on listed on my resume. I was then asked to describe a project which appeared on my resume.

Interview Questions

• [In Python] write a program which will reverse a sentence.   1 Answer
    • What are the three keywords for the main function of a Java program? What do they mean?   Answer Question
    • Something about list comprehensions...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Standard technical interview of about 45 minutes to an hour about distributed systems. The interview went well and the interviewer was pleasant and nice to work with. Similar in style to most other big software firms

Interview Questions

• Determine a spread strategy for load balancing.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Interview process was relatively straight forward, two phone screens then an on-site. My main complaint with this whole process was the recruiter. The communication from this guy was essentially non-existent the entire time. I felt like I was recruiting myself. After the on-site interview, I was suppose to hear back by the latest, 1 week after my interview. After not hearing back for almost 2 weeks, I emailed the recruiter for an update. Then in almost auto-reply fashion, I received a very generic rejection email, it felt like almost an auto generated response, like "Oh I forgot to tell this candidate he was a no, let me send this email real quick, copy, paste, done". Like I was just another number. I'm pretty sure if I never emailed him for a status update, he would have never replied back to me. I was very very disappointed with this unprofessional communication.

Interview Questions

• About previous roles, technical questions, very deep and very broad range of topics.   2 Answers

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

After my friend sent the referral, the recruiter got back to me very fast. Had a 15-mins phone screening with the recruiter. No technical questions just some background, status, timing stuff. Then I had an interview with a technical manager. I was asked about my experience, especially the ones related to design. Then I was asked the classic cantilever beam questions. Make sure you have a good understanding of the definition of stress, stiffness, buckle, etc. Do review your "Strength of Materials" and "Mechanical Design" courses!

Thanks to everyone who contributed here. I passed the first round and went to the second. I got the design challenge named "push-button design for the iPod battery cover". Spent 5 days to make the 3D model and slides. Did some FEA. Was then told they didn't see it as a good match.
    If they like your design, they will bring to Cupertino.

Interview Questions

• You have 4 beams. Beam 1 has a 3*3 cross-section. Beam 2 has a hole in the middle so the cross-section is 8 units in area. Beam 3 is an I-beam with thickness in 1 everywhere. Beam 4 is the H-beam which is the same in cross-section as Beam 3. Which beam is the strongest?   1 Answer
    • You have a billboard made of Al which is fixed to the wall as a cantilever beam. How to make the billboard stronger?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First you'll get an e-mail that will confirm a time for a phone interview. Phone interview that lasted 30 minutes with a recruiter over the phone. Then it was followed by in-person interview with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a customer was frustrated and how did you go about solving the issue?   Answer Question

Firmware Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

Consisted of simple phone screening with the recruiter, a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager, and a 5 hour interview in Cupertino with several engineers in the group

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a team   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

3 Phone Calls + 1 On Site. They put a lot of effort into narrowing the pool of applicants before giving on site offers. The on site interview consisted of 5 different individual and group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Homework assignment for one of the phone calls was to create a Boggle Solver (finding all possible english words in a given boggle board). You are allowed to use any language of your choosing and you had multiple days to come up with a solution.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boggle   Answer Question

Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

1. 30 min phone interview with a recruiter. Discussed my background, and skills.
    2. 45 min phone interview with the hiring manager. Discussed my background in more of a technical manner. In-depth talk about one of my technical design projects.
    3. 10X 30 min one-on-one interviews at Apple campus in one day. Talked to a variety of people from the hiring manager, to his boss, to his bosses boss, to his bosses bosses boss. Also folks in other roles such as technical product managers, product designers, quality, operations sustainers, ect. Questions were mainly geared towards finding out about my background, why I want to join Apple, and some technical manufacturing-related questions. Everyone I talked to was intelligent & friendly. It seemed as though half of the interview was to gauge if I was a pleasant person to work with.

Apple took care of the whole process to get me out to Cupertino.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical design/manufacturing process in depth. Explore why I made the decisions I did, and how the outcome could have changed if things were done differently. 4 of the interviewers had me solve problems on the whiteboard related to GD&T and how I would design/assemble certain products. Make sure to know a variety of manufacturing processes & common sensor/equipment vendors.   Answer Question

Finance Associate Interview

Application

Interview

One facetime interiew, largely based on why I wanted the role and why I wanted to work for Apple. Then in person interviews. It was 5 separate interviews back to back. Each of these was 30 mins.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (San Antonio, TX) in December 2019.

Interview

Over the phone. Super light, very friendly, but also intentional about learning about the person and their skill set. The overall experience was comfortable and encouraging for anyone who would go through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Scenario on how I would respond to assisting an excited customer.   Answer Question