Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

6,883 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I interviewed with the Seattle's new icloud team. Had a couple of phone interviews that were fairly standard, and was invited onsite to their temporary office. The first onsite interview was with the hiring manager. He was smug and had strong opinions about how variables should be named, the flow of the code etc. It almost looked like he made up his no-hire decision within a couple of mins of the interview and was spending the last hr trying to convince himself why his decision was right. Whatever questions I had was replied with "I can't disclose that information". I don't understand what the point of asking me If I had any questions was, if you're not going to answer anything. The other interviewers and the recruiters I dealt with were pleasant. Disappointing end since I really like apple, but i'd have hated working for that manager anyways.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Step 1: phone screen, non-technical for most part
    Step 2: coding problem to work on
    Step 3: Full day onsite of white boarding. This is highly technical. I was asked a mixture use; software/ algorithm questions, a puzzle, and design question.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected:

Puzzle question. If you have 2 eggs, and you want to figure out what's the highest floor from which you can drop the egg without breaking it, how would you do it? What's the optimal solution?   31 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple in September 2014.

Interview

I spoke to Apple at a career fair that they were at. For some people they just took resumes and said they would get back to them later, but for others (myself included), there was a quick 5 minute interview (What is your favorite editor? What shell do you use? What's your favorite programming language? Scripting language?), which if you passed, led to an interview the next day. I had the interview the next day and it went pretty well. Got asked about runlevels, inodes, finding duplicate words in a text file (implementing uniq), what happens from power up to OS in a computer, and other various questions.

I was told I'd hear back in 2-3 weeks, but I never heard back with a denial or otherwise and this was over 3 months ago. Assuming I'm not moving forward.

Interview Questions

• There is a mission-critical (i.e. cannot be rebooted) server that is lagging, hard. You only have a terminal/shell prompt. How do you debug it?   Answer Question
    • What are the runlevels of init?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in December 2014.

Interview

Hiring process seemed ok but not sure what they were really looking. Random questions in every subject, not into a specific candidate strengths. Another thing was when asked about job or role definition, interview didnt really explained it well so that candidate can get more from the discussion. Overall it was ok type, not too bad and not too good.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Ithaca, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter first asked 1 java question and 2 bit manipulation question. After I answer them, he let me to ask him question. according to my previous project experience, I told him what I preferred to do. But he told me that apple has few position for my preference.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, screened by manager and then a technical phone screen, then a take home coding test and then a day of onsite interviews.

I will say this, every technical test prior to the onsite was easy, relatively. When the onsite interviews started, we jumped into the deep end right away and the questions were at least 3x more difficult than the technical phone screens or coding test. I was definitely not prepared :)

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string in Python without using str.reverse()   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied the internship during the career fair in our university and got an on-campus interview on the next day. The interviewer is really nice. We started with some basic programming problems. I was asked to write code on the board. Then we discussed something about GPU and deep learning since the interviewer works for Siri Team. But I don't have much knowledge about GPU, so I failed here. Anyway, I still feel really happy to get this opportunity, which is actually the first career interview in my life.

Interview Questions

• Iterator, bit manipulation, something related to my projects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Interview through campus career fair. First interview is mainly to gauge knowledge and learn about the various projects you've done. Be prepared to answer some fairly basic computer science questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in January 2015.

Interview

I applied in the website and they called me when a suitable position opened up. This took me around 1 month. I had experience working with apple technologies in past which made me eligible for the post.