Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,964 Interview Reviews

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

So I've applied twice and both times didn't make it past the second interview. I honestly don't know what Apple looks for in a person because first time around I thought I got rejected because I was too energetic. Second time around I was a bit calmer and still. Apple says to be yourself. Be friendly, approachable, helpful, etc. but that alone is not going to get you the job. Like I said, I don't know what is. Maybe if you know someone in the company who can make it easier for you as an applicant to get hired. I know people who are very much like me that got the job in their first application. I spoke to them and they explained what they did and I didn't do anything different. I'm lost. I'll maybe try applying a third time but honestly it's getting ridiculous.

I think it's just the person who you end up getting interviewed by. It's a hit or miss.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

They were very nice and i felt very comfortable being myself in the interview process. I believe that they were really looking for someone that are passionate not only for the product they sell but also for the people that buys it.

Interview Questions

• In what situation that a customer praised you?   1 Answer

Independent Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very quick conversation about what I'd worked on previously and a discussion around how that knowledge could be applied to the project that they had currently. Overall, it was a very simple process and a quite informal chat.

Escalation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a member of Apple's recruiting team. She asked me questions about my salary expectations and when I would be available to meet with the hiring manager for a phone screen.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Apple (San Luis Obispo, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

First, a group interview on stools at the front of the store before it opened with the Store Manager with the HR Specialty. Then, a group interview with the Store Director and the Store Manager outside the store at a restaurant. It was a more casual interview, but they made it fun, and not so “script-like” stock questions. They really wanted to find out my passions, what I liked to do outside of work, hoping to hear some of the “speciality” products/services they offer at Apple. Mine was Music, as a singer, performer, altho honestly, I love technology more than that, and LEARNING, which is key if you work for Apple. Things change daily, processes, ongoing training, being observed by managers, AND observing your fellow team members, who are trained to offer all employees “feedback” in a positive manner (whether positive or ways to “improve”. My final interview was with the Regional Director, outside the store, sitting at a table. All in all, a pretty positive process, as they are looking for employees with compassion, empathy, and the ability to think quickly on their feet to find the best resolution and direction for customers, whether it be tech support, product recommendation, or basic problem solving.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Apple as your potential new employer?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Tigard, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone call. In person with hiring manager and sales manager. On a tight deadline. Many people interviewed for the same job. Part time position. Good starting pay.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult customer service experience and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Tech Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Long and hard interviews. be yourself and you should be fine. be the first one that talks and answer all the questions before anyone else does. Be consistant with your answers

Interview Questions

• have you faced a difficult situation and what did you learn? what is your weakness?   Answer Question

Apple Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Orland Park, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I did a phone screening where I was asked about myself and my history. Then once I passed it the district manager gave me a choice as to which location I wanted to apply to. Once I picked then was set up with a face to face. The hiring manager took me to the food court and we had the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a problem with a customer   1 Answer

Apple Store Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodmere, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Woodmere, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a 3 round interview. The first one with a group talk with 10 people. The second is a one to one conversation with one of the managers, and the third one is the same. The overall experience was good, they ask a lot of personal questions and some general interview questions.
    They rejected my application because they needed somebody for the weekend and I don't have the freedom to reschedule my other work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Apple?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you have to push harder to achieve the result!   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time, when you almost lost a customer!   Answer Question

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone call to give an idea about the interview process. First interview with Hiring manager , followed by full day interview onsite after 4 weeks. Gave information on what/how to prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic RTL Design related concepts, SV UVM basic concepts, writing scoreboard.   Answer Question