Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,964 Interview Reviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Quickly passed from initial group interview on a Thursday to smaller group interview the following Tuesday, directly with the "market leader" who is in charge of at least three stores. Very nice, very interesting professional who would be excellent to work for. I was initially told this would be a technical interview but nothing technical about it and it was more interpersonal and personality skills.

My big issue with Apple Retail is that I submitted for a specialized and highly skilled position that more closely follows my skill set and experience. Instead, I was brought in for their specific low level needs. From my perspective it feels like a bait and switch, from their perspective it's this is what we need and that job that you wanted is in a different department and there's no path to there from what we are offering you. And maybe they'd get lucky having an over qualified talent at whatever hourly rate they would offer.

They could have their pick of applicants and of course I'm flattered that they think I have the personality and soft skills to be in their retail store but the hiring managers should have looked very closely at the resume and cover letter before bringing me in.

I have looked at other professionals on Linkedin that have the title that I was applying for - it was a mix of internal promotions but also those that were outside the company, which is the wide industry knowledge that you can only get working outside of Apple and bringing those skills in.

Hiring manger I talked by with phone who I discussed this with was very nice and professional and empathetic when I turned them down. My big issue is that they brought me in for a position that I have no interest in and should never have been brought in, in the first place, if someone had bothered to read the job description, cover letter, and resume.

Interview Questions

• Look around the store. Tell me which customers are having a good experience and which ones are not.

This question, I'm sure, is the one that made me stand out and certainly think that is why they wanted to hire me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Birmingham, AL) in June 2017.

Interview

Initially received an email asking to RSVP for an interview time. Had three interviews total, two with different department managers and the final interview with the store leader. All of the interviews were challenging but if you are prepared, they aren't difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you couldn't give a customer what they wanted?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a response in 3 days for an interview. Arrived and found out it was a group interview of about 10 people broken into two groups of 5. They ask about 5 questions and then each person in the group answers individually. If you pass the first group interview you'll be emailed or called back within 7-10 days to come back for a second interview. The first interview suggests "business casual" attire but most men were wearing a shirt and tie. The second interview is more technical and one-on-one. I applied for full-time but all they had available was part-time. I wish they would have told me it was part-time before inviting me for an interview. Nonetheless, it was still a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself (name and where you are from or currently living)

Describe a difficult encounter with a customer and how you handled it.

What is your favorite Apple product?

Tell us about a time that you received excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Applecare Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via email about setting up phone interview. Once I was set up with the person I interviewed with he was very straight forward and didn't ask any personable questions. Almost as if he was rushing the interview. He gave me various scenarios and acted as if he were a customer having issues with his MacBook. After the role playing was over he said apple would be in contact soon and have a nice day. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR SPECIFIC ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS. ITS EITHER YOU GET IT RIGHT OR WRONG.

Interview Questions

• I cant seem to get my volume to work on my computer, what should I do? My screen went black I don't know how to get my computer to turn on.   1 Answer

Applecare Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a two step process after I applied and received a call back with a first interview that was a video chat interview, then a second that was on site at the campus here in Austin TX.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you worked with a manager or mentor figure to help develop yourself?   2 Answers

Touch Calibration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

One phone screen and two phone interviews - mix of hardware and software questions. Focus on op amps, bit manipulation, assembly code, low level C questions (stack/heap and how to prevent a stack overflow), and general hardware questions like signal integrity.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

3 phone screens, 1 on-site interview. First two screens were asking about experiences and why I want to work at Apple. Third phone interview was more technical, about algorithmic runtimes, statistics, and logic-based questions. On-site interview was 6 hours, first with a presentation, then one-on-one interviews with 5 team members. Pretty brutal, asking a range of questions to test technical understanding, in-depth project work, and logic questions.

Interview Questions

• Prove the sifting property from the Fourier transform equation   Answer Question

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very quick.
    Got email asking the suitable time.
    Two telephonic interviews: one with technical lead and another with technical manager.

They are very good fundamental questions to see how broad one can think beyond his/her comfort zone.

Interview Questions

• Mostly from my resume and projects I have done.
      Both interviewers asked basic theory questions to make sure I also know the theory well.

Got invitation for the onsight.   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Only made it to the phone interview. They were very polite, and it came from the official Apple campus number. Be sure to add this number to your phone contact, should you apply. It would really suck, if you didn't answer, or have an inappropriate voicemail greeting set.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Apple?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Madison, MS) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying for two years and getting referred I'm now an apple employee!! I've applied for everything under the sun! For this particular job I was called in for a group interview May 22 then I was called back in a month later for a second interview and shortly after that a 3rd interview. Overall I dealt with 4 manager. The interviews were conversation based. Just go in being yourself with passion and personality. If your all about sales and being competitive you can forget it. This is not your typical retail job...