Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,033 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied the internship during the career fair in our university and got an on-campus interview on the next day. The interviewer is really nice. We started with some basic programming problems. I was asked to write code on the board. Then we discussed something about GPU and deep learning since the interviewer works for Siri Team. But I don't have much knowledge about GPU, so I failed here. Anyway, I still feel really happy to get this opportunity, which is actually the first career interview in my life.

Interview Questions

• Iterator, bit manipulation, something related to my projects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Interview through campus career fair. First interview is mainly to gauge knowledge and learn about the various projects you've done. Be prepared to answer some fairly basic computer science questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in January 2015.

Interview

I applied in the website and they called me when a suitable position opened up. This took me around 1 month. I had experience working with apple technologies in past which made me eligible for the post.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. 2 phone interviews followed by onsite, which had six rounds. All the interviews were very professional and courteous. They got back to me quickly as well, within two days. Overall a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial screening by the hiring manager and two other employees. Hiring manager and the first interviewer asked open-ended questions with emphasis on the previous experience. The third interview came after the screening C++ example (see below). The questions become more technical, but the interviewer was friendly and helpful. Based on the first impressions, the group I was interviewing for seems to provide a friendly and productive environment.

Interview Questions

• Q: In an hour, write a simple C++ algorithm involving standard input and output. Provide test cases.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Durham, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter at an on campus networking event and received a phone call in 2 hours that night asking for an interview the next day. Interview happened in a conference room on campus and consisted of around 10 technical questions with no coding. Just walking through solutions. 30 minute interview with 5 minutes at the end for questions. Received an email a week later with no moving forward.

Interview Questions

• What is deadlock and how is it prevented? Intersection of two arrays with optimal Big O.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

HR -> Phone screens -> Additional phone screens.
    Overall it was good experience with lack of preparation from my side. There were even several parallel tracks for different teams all of which I have failed (maybe besides one track which I have declined).

Interview Questions

• I was asked to no share them.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in October 2015.

Interview

1 phone interview with a team manager about my past experience (discussion on resume) and the expected intern role. The manager primarily wanted to see if I'm interested in the role and etc. After the phone interview, I was invited to an onsite interview to meet the recruiter and one of the lead engineers from the team. The onsite interview was all technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

A engineer called me, and begin to do the coding exercises. He required me to improve my solution until he satisfied with it. The questions are not hard, but there are some corner cases.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I went through three rounds of interview: A phone screen with a recruiter, a longer technical interview over the phone, and then a half-day on-site consisting of several interviews with different members of the team I applied for. Unlike a previous interview process with Apple, the final interview with my on-site was with the head of the organization I’d applied for. The questions covered a broad variety of areas, from CS fundamentals to application architecture to Cocoa design patterns. I was ultimately not hired, and encouraged to brush up on CS fundamentals before applying again.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse a singly-linked list?   3 Answers