Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

6,883 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. 2 phone interviews followed by onsite, which had six rounds. All the interviews were very professional and courteous. They got back to me quickly as well, within two days. Overall a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial screening by the hiring manager and two other employees. Hiring manager and the first interviewer asked open-ended questions with emphasis on the previous experience. The third interview came after the screening C++ example (see below). The questions become more technical, but the interviewer was friendly and helpful. Based on the first impressions, the group I was interviewing for seems to provide a friendly and productive environment.

Interview Questions

• Q: In an hour, write a simple C++ algorithm involving standard input and output. Provide test cases.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

HR -> Phone screens -> Additional phone screens.
    Overall it was good experience with lack of preparation from my side. There were even several parallel tracks for different teams all of which I have failed (maybe besides one track which I have declined).

Interview Questions

• I was asked to no share them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Durham, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter at an on campus networking event and received a phone call in 2 hours that night asking for an interview the next day. Interview happened in a conference room on campus and consisted of around 10 technical questions with no coding. Just walking through solutions. 30 minute interview with 5 minutes at the end for questions. Received an email a week later with no moving forward.

Interview Questions

• What is deadlock and how is it prevented? Intersection of two arrays with optimal Big O.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in October 2015.

Interview

1 phone interview with a team manager about my past experience (discussion on resume) and the expected intern role. The manager primarily wanted to see if I'm interested in the role and etc. After the phone interview, I was invited to an onsite interview to meet the recruiter and one of the lead engineers from the team. The onsite interview was all technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

A engineer called me, and begin to do the coding exercises. He required me to improve my solution until he satisfied with it. The questions are not hard, but there are some corner cases.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I went through three rounds of interview: A phone screen with a recruiter, a longer technical interview over the phone, and then a half-day on-site consisting of several interviews with different members of the team I applied for. Unlike a previous interview process with Apple, the final interview with my on-site was with the head of the organization I’d applied for. The questions covered a broad variety of areas, from CS fundamentals to application architecture to Cocoa design patterns. I was ultimately not hired, and encouraged to brush up on CS fundamentals before applying again.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse a singly-linked list?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Apple came to my college campus and I went to them, talked to one of their software engineers in the Safari team and then got an on campus interview the next day. The interview was a white board coding and in the end I asked a few question about Apple

Interview Questions

• find the most frequent element in an integer array   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

After a few phone calls you go to an onsite interview at the Apple campus. Apple interviews engineers for the specific team you'd be working with. Meaning that if you don't get through an interview with one team, you have to start all over for another team. Onsite you go through a few different interviews, each one had 2 interviewers who mostly asked white boarding questions. I found 2 interviewers in many sessions over about 6 hours exhausting. It's hard to judge what interviewers want when there are two of them staring you down while you write a solution to their question.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of OS X and iOS memory management questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

40 minutes tops. Very little in-depth discussion of the actual job to be done. The interviewers were there as a group to interview a number of candidates to take on as a small group.

Interview Questions

• Solve a whiteboard Python problem.   1 Answer